PDA

View Full Version : Stuck again on Obelisk of Khamoon

redfox45
5th Jun 2007, 13:52
ok this level is really starting to p*ss me off I wont be playing this one again!

im in the in the room where you jump on the switch and the blades start coming out everywhere. Im at the bit where you run along the wall with the grapple gun and have tried to jump on one of the higher ledges behind me while on the grapple gun. I have taken it as low as it can go, swung as far as I can go and have held X so hard my finger nearly went through the pad and im still miles off (autograb is on)

am I missing somthing or is it supposed to be a near impossable jump? I cant see anywhere else to go

I cant even find the area in any walkthroughs

larala
5th Jun 2007, 15:49
all you have to do is when on grapple push triangle up once or twice swing to the left and rigth to get your hieght then press x to go to the opposite side not side facing you jump over to platform and then pull switch go outside then that is were iam stuck

redfox45
5th Jun 2007, 16:24
Worst Level Evar!

Bantam
5th Jun 2007, 16:46
i had this problem for a while aswell, the trick is to make the grapple shorter, not longer

redfox45
5th Jun 2007, 17:27
I have made it but now that I am at the top there is nowhere to go? but then again I have made it to the top without pulling the switch, it didnt seem to do anything apart from bring out the blades. Should I have gone up the hard way? does that switch do somthing? I seem to be at the top and there is nothing up there apart from ammo and a medipack

What does that room actually do?

Bantam
5th Jun 2007, 17:31
The bit where you need to go is actually at the bottom, sorry to tell you that now :\ but yer, at the bottom there is a ledge that leads to a door, when you go into the door you go past some traps and it leads to a switch to drop one of the bridges to the obelisk

redfox45
5th Jun 2007, 17:48
...oh ok thanks

rsdigi
5th Jun 2007, 17:55
For people who havent gotten there yet, I believe I have heard you don't have to hit the switch that starts the blades. Will save you tons of trouble if you leave it alone.

CommanderZx2
5th Jun 2007, 18:09
For people who havent gotten there yet, I believe I have heard you don't have to hit the switch that starts the blades. Will save you tons of trouble if you leave it alone.

I completed it without activating the spinning blades hehe.

I have made it but now that I am at the top there is nowhere to go? but then again I have made it to the top without pulling the switch, it didnt seem to do anything apart from bring out the blades. Should I have gone up the hard way? does that switch do somthing? I seem to be at the top and there is nothing up there apart from ammo and a medipack

What does that room actually do?
You're supposed to go down in that room to the floor, there's a door or something down there.

redfox45
5th Jun 2007, 19:00
:eek: I did it! ..finally good $&$&*$&%$%^$%^ing riddence! to this horrible level!

(sees complicated puzzle at the beginning of sanctuary of the scion) :mad2: :mad2: why! why! why! why! why are you doing this to me:mad2: and why do I love it so much!

Rai
5th Jun 2007, 22:29
I'm stuck too. This is the first Egypt level. I have no idea what to do in the room with the four large spinny things you have to pull round. I take it you have to pull them round to face a certain way? It's the room with the movable white blocks. Some have panthers in and some just pick ups. The door has a gold beetle on it. Somebody help me. It seems you guys are further ahead than me. :nut:

Notts Raider
5th Jun 2007, 23:32
I'm stuck too. This is the first Egypt level. I have no idea what to do in the room with the four large spinny things you have to pull round. I take it you have to pull them round to face a certain way? It's the room with the movable white blocks. Some have panthers in and some just pick ups. The door has a gold beetle on it. Somebody help me. It seems you guys are further ahead than me. :nut:

In some of the rooms behind the white blocks there will be pictures on the wall, same as the ones on the columns, there will be a symbol above (i think) relating to which column it represents. Each of the images should face the large door that needs opening.

Rai
5th Jun 2007, 23:48
Okay, thanks. My son was almost right then. He will be pleased. :) He had the picture idea right but was telling me to point them in the wrong direction.

But do the symbols facing the big door have to be in a certain order?

EDIT: oh okay I see now.

redfox45
6th Jun 2007, 08:58
Funny enough I am actually enjoying sanctuary of the scion, its more of a thinking level than an indiana jones level... but im not in the big statue yet..should I not count my chickens.

L3ggy
6th Jun 2007, 10:27
The Egypt levels are the easiest(after Peru).

Demarest
17th Jun 2007, 06:21
I'll post this here since it sounds as if it was touched on, but not really. I'm in the room originally in question. I first turned the blades on thinking that was what you had to do. Then after making it to the ground below and making my way back, I learned my lesson. Silly me too as I'm very familiar with the original TR and this room was of course familiar. But the blades only really obstructed my way to the artifact in that room, so I guess that doesn't matter.

My question though is what I THOUGHT the topic was originally meant for. Not the ledge with the medipak and shotgun shells, but the two even higher with the pole sticking out from the wall between it. As seen behind Lara in this pic.

http://tfads.com/gtafpics/lara/tra02.jpg

I haven't finished the stage yet. But since I see no doors or openings up there, I doubt it's something I'm supposed to approach from a different angle. I have tried a few times. My best try SEEMED to have the right length of grapple, but I had just missed the ledge. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is anything up there? Thank you for your time.

GeorgeMaciver
17th Jun 2007, 08:49
Obelisk of Khamoon rocks! http://209.85.48.11/3106/35/emo/%28%28bowj%28K9%29%29.gif I think there must be a relic or something up there on the higher ledges but I didn't get it and finished the level without getting up there.

LisaB1962
17th Jun 2007, 19:41
I tried running and jumping from the grapple too. I never made it. I can't see another way. Anyone know?

vizieress
18th Jun 2007, 06:29
I'll post this here since it sounds as if it was touched on, but not really. I'm in the room originally in question. I first turned the blades on thinking that was what you had to do. Then after making it to the ground below and making my way back, I learned my lesson. Silly me too as I'm very familiar with the original TR and this room was of course familiar. But the blades only really obstructed my way to the artifact in that room, so I guess that doesn't matter.

My question though is what I THOUGHT the topic was originally meant for. Not the ledge with the medipak and shotgun shells, but the two even higher with the pole sticking out from the wall between it. As seen behind Lara in this pic.

http://tfads.com/gtafpics/lara/tra02.jpg

I haven't finished the stage yet. But since I see no doors or openings up there, I doubt it's something I'm supposed to approach from a different angle. I have tried a few times. My best try SEEMED to have the right length of grapple, but I had just missed the ledge. Am I barking up the wrong tree? Is anything up there? Thank you for your time.

That area up there past the rod is a Secret.

Getting there is easy. First, get Lara on that grapple hook, and make sure you're facing the wall the entire time you're wall-running. It'll be easier. Now, start wall-running to get momentum, and watch as Lara wall-runs to the extreme RIGHT (if you keep missing or if Lara keeps falling down, you might be on the LEFT, which is incorrect), almost level with the hands of the figures in the wall painting, and when that happens, jump backwards. Lara will just barely grab a ledge sticking out there. From there, I believe you need to then jump and grab for a crack along the wall, shimmy towards the ledge, pull up, jump for the rod and swing your way towards that smaller ledge at the back corner. That's where the Secret stash is. Once you get the things, you can jump back down to the lower ledge where you started out.

Hope this helps.

Demarest
19th Jun 2007, 03:14
That area up there past the rod is a Secret.

Getting there is easy. First, get Lara on that grapple hook, and make sure you're facing the wall the entire time you're wall-running. It'll be easier. Now, start wall-running to get momentum, and watch as Lara wall-runs to the extreme RIGHT (if you keep missing or if Lara keeps falling down, you might be on the LEFT, which is incorrect), almost level with the hands of the figures in the wall painting, and when that happens, jump backwards. Lara will just barely grab a ledge sticking out there. From there, I believe you need to then jump and grab for a crack along the wall, shimmy towards the ledge, pull up, jump for the rod and swing your way towards that smaller ledge at the back corner. That's where the Secret stash is. Once you get the things, you can jump back down to the lower ledge where you started out.

Hope this helps.

Sure did. But not in the way you intended. :scratch:

You said right. You said facing wall. I had been doing it on the right while facing the wall the whole time. Okay, well here's this guy saying it's possible (and I made sure to keep a save there), so let's try it. Another dozen attempts... nothing. But he said it was possible, so we know it's possible, so we can't give up... Okay, let's NOT face the wall.

http://tfads.com/gtafpics/lara/tra03.jpg

My movements were the same both ways (modified for different camera angle), yet for some reason, this works for me when the other doesn't. I didn't realize the pole was a falling one either, so I had to do this twice! Thanks for the help. Sometimes it helps just KNOWING it's possible instead of being pretty sure ;)

NizCroft
19th Jun 2007, 16:34
I just made that jump too :)
But I'm still missing an artifact in Obelisk, and I have a strong feeling this pole is not there as ornamentation alone. I just don't know how to extract it. I've been all around the level and have all the key pieces.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/VildRose/Khamoon_pole.jpg

NizCroft
19th Jun 2007, 17:38
Never mind I found the lever. I was being sloppy :p

nAUDIgirl
19th Jun 2007, 20:23
Sure did. But not in the way you intended. :scratch:

You said right. You said facing wall. I had been doing it on the right while facing the wall the whole time. Okay, well here's this guy saying it's possible (and I made sure to keep a save there), so let's try it. Another dozen attempts... nothing. But he said it was possible, so we know it's possible, so we can't give up... Okay, let's NOT face the wall.

http://tfads.com/gtafpics/lara/tra03.jpg

My movements were the same both ways (modified for different camera angle), yet for some reason, this works for me when the other doesn't. I didn't realize the pole was a falling one either, so I had to do this twice! Thanks for the help. Sometimes it helps just KNOWING it's possible instead of being pretty sure ;)

How far up did you move on the grapple? You said it woked for you when the camera was at the side-view? Which way would you push when you jumped? I have tried to push left and I tried pushing down but Lara just keeps jumping back to the ledge where the medipack and shells were.

LegendLost
19th Jun 2007, 20:30
Seriously People, JUST WAIT FOR THE TIME TRIAL, AHHHHHHH...lol

Demarest
19th Jun 2007, 20:34
How far up did you move on the grapple? You said it woked for you when the camera was at the side-view? Which way would you push when you jumped? I have tried to push left and I tried pushing down but Lara just keeps jumping back to the ledge where the medipack and shells were.

As far as length, I used the length she started out on jumping from the left of it and grappling right away. I believe I was at the bottom of the artwork on the wall. Yes, side view. This would require you to push forward to run away from the camera and back to run towards it. Then at the apex of my run, just before I started running back, I pushed right and jump. I was looking at her from the left side of the hook. If you were looking from the other side, then pressing left would be correct. When I was facing the wall, pushing down and jump was the answer, but I was never able to get that to work for some reason.

@LL: The time trials don't require you to get the secrets. Can you imagine if they did though? :eek: :nut: