PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking TRA or TRL for best graphics

bikerdude
5th Jun 2007, 09:34
Right

Ive been researching this for a wee while now, I have found the registry settings for TRA (same as TRL btw) that allow me to tweak the game for max/best graphical details.

My question is are there any other tweaks people know off to get the game looking even/any better..?(higher texture detail, better draw distance, more objects etc)

Why you ask? well I have a reasonbley powerfull system (E6600+8800GTX+XFI+Raid) and even running TRA @ 1920x1200+2AA with everything turned on and its still fluid - so there is room for more tweaking.

I realise this is an odd thing to ask, most people would be looking for ways to turn things down not the other way :D

biker

mikeysg
5th Jun 2007, 12:51
Right

Ive been researching this for a wee while now, I have found the registry settings for TRA (same as TRL btw) that allow me to tweak the game for max/best graphical details.

My question is are there any other tweaks people know off to get the game looking even/any better..?(higher texture detail, better draw distance, more objects etc)

Why you ask? well I have a reasonbley powerfull system (E6600+8800GTX+XFI+Raid) and even running TRA @ 1920x1200+2AA with everything turned on and its still fluid - so there is room for more tweaking.

I realise this is an odd thing to ask, most people would be looking for ways to turn things down not the other way :D

bikerAFAIK, high res texture and detail must be written into the game for it to be enabled, like FC and Doom. Even a great looking game like HL2.Ep1 have crappy looking detail/texture when viewed up close. If you're looking for a game that'll stress your 8800GTX somewhat, try FEAR/Oblivion at max setting, 4xAA/16xAF.....and if you can wait, CryTek's Crysis will be out in a few months' time, that will prolly make uber rigs cry out for mama.:eek:

bikerdude
5th Jun 2007, 14:32
AFAIK, high res texture and detail must be written into the game for it to be enabled

Agreed, the lgend engine does allow for Shader 3 to be used in place of Shader 2. so if that setting is there then other settings must exist.

biker

Discordia666
5th Jun 2007, 23:53
Hi biker,

If you watch the advanced settings in Legend, Shader 3 is enabled when you turn on the 'NextGen'. There is a dodge you can do with it to enable NextGen on graphics cards which the game has decided will not support it. You can't play the game, of course, because the frame rate is too low, but it gives you clues as to what the settings are doing.
Anniversary uses a cut-down version of the Legend engine that doesn't have NextGen so it's unlikely you will get much more out of it.
I suppose it's possible that the engine is the same but the necessary registry settings are not implemented. I bet you've already tried copying the registry settings from the Legend keys to the Anniversary ones. If that didn't work, I'd just give up and enjoy the scenery. The graphics might not be quite as good as Legend, but I think the levels are even more beautiful. Seeing those amazing places from 11 years ago really brought to life like this is awesome. I Love it!

What do you ride btw? I have an XT 660X for tazzing about and a GSX1230EF drag racing beast thing for more serious stuff.

bikerdude
6th Jun 2007, 10:56
Anniversary uses a cut-down version of the Legend engine that doesn't have NextGen so it's unlikely you will get much more out of it. I suppose it's possible that the engine is the same but the necessary registry settings are not implemented
The registry setting for Shader 3.0 is there and I have enabled it. The only reason i bought this game because it was based on he legend engine - if what you say is true then eidoe need a kick in the nuts for being cheap skates.

What do you ride btw? I have an XT 660X for tazzing about and a GSX1230EF drag racing beast thing for more serious stuff.

I have a ivanised Fazer1000 that does everything.

biker