PDA

View Full Version : Grating still there.

Privateer1
4th Jun 2007, 21:47
I cant get through, but according to the walkthrough its gone, I followed this one, so how did I miss it.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.hamilton6000/new/gr.jpg
http://******************************/tomb-raider-anniversary-walkthrough/Level4_Tomb_of_Qualopec/index2.php

gopher666
4th Jun 2007, 21:59
well just go and pull the switch again

Privateer1
5th Jun 2007, 08:44
well just go and pull the switch again

I did it a few times, still the grate is there..
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.hamilton6000/new/switch.jpg

I restarted the level, theres three grates but only two switches, am I missing something.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.hamilton6000/new/gr3.jpg

GoranAgar
5th Jun 2007, 09:07
You are missing a switch. Look up. Up there, above you, Lara.

MrE26
5th Jun 2007, 09:26
Why's your shotgun gold?!
Anyhoo, there's a switch directly above your head. You can get there by using the ledges near the doorway to the first switch.

Privateer1
5th Jun 2007, 09:31
You are missing a switch. Look up. Up there, above you, Lara.

Proves how crap my memory is, I double grappled to that one, I now remember doing all 3.

My memory is so crap playing games again, is as if I've never played it, I'm useless at backtracking.

I have walkthroughs on my laptop, visible as I play.

Privateer1
5th Jun 2007, 13:28
It was ok the 2nd time, very weird, I definitely pulled 3 switches.
I'm now in St. Francis Folly
, expect more I'm stuck threads.

GB619
5th Jun 2007, 15:22
Why's your shotgun gold?!
Anyhoo, there's a switch directly above your head. You can get there by using the ledges near the doorway to the first switch.

His shotgun i gold because he is using cheats....:rasp:

Privateer1
5th Jun 2007, 16:27

I'm using this.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.hamilton6000/new/trainers.jpg

Privateer1
5th Jun 2007, 19:03

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.hamilton6000/new/sun.jpg:D

GB619
6th Jun 2007, 05:59
Lol,the irony of this is,your using a trainer,and you stuck,most other peeps are not using trainers or cheats and are doing better,the main problem with trainers is if you use god mode,and you fall down places where you supposed to die,the game can crash.....or you have to re-load the game at an earlier time,everyone here always can offer tips and advice to help you with game,but you dont need to use cheats,you will have more satisfaction completing the game with out them...:o

Undiscovered_Tomb
6th Jun 2007, 06:01
whats with the gold shotgun??? is that a cheat or sumting?? lol

aussie500
6th Jun 2007, 06:06
So you are using a trainer and a walkthrough, what was the point of buying the game maybe you should have just saved money and brought something that you find easier to play. :scratch:

You ruin the entire experience just following a walkthough, which it seems did not help you much anyway :p

L3ggy
6th Jun 2007, 07:45
So you are using a trainer and a walkthrough, what was the point of buying the game maybe you should have just saved money and brought something that you find easier to play. :scratch:

You ruin the entire experience just following a walkthough, which it seems did not help you much anyway :p

I couldn't agree any more on that.

Privateer1
6th Jun 2007, 08:58
I need to cheat because of my Ataxia, I don't expect you to try and picture what I go through.

I have a big keys keyboard.

I play all games, its the only thing i have left to do, I'm housebound and in a wheechair so gaming is my only escape, but even that is bloody hard now, in 6mths time ill be in a home, at least I can't pester you.
L3ggy and aussie500

MrE26
6th Jun 2007, 09:12
I need to cheat because of my Ataxia, I don't expect you to try and picture what I go through.

I have a big keys keyboard.

I play all games, its the only thing i have left to do, I'm housebound and in a wheechair so gaming is my only escape, but even that is bloody hard now, in 6mths time ill be in a home, at least I can't pester you.
L3ggy and aussie500

C'mon man, there's no need to be like that. I'm really sorry to hear what you have to go through but how's anyone here supposed to know that?

Privateer1
6th Jun 2007, 09:43

I used to be a good Gamer, over the years easy games have got harder, my list of completed games is endless, but now day something else takes over.

I finished all the other TR games, The fighting in TR legends, the Boss in Japan beat me everytime, again I downloaded a saved game and carried on.

Have you played the Splinter Cell series, typically the last game Double Agent, is to difficult for me now.

aussie500
6th Jun 2007, 10:20
l have have trouble playing as well due to nerve problems, makes it very hard to use the keyboard to play games since l cannot feel where my fingers are that well. l would never consider using a walkthrough though, there is nothing wrong with my brain, it works just fine. And no l do not use cheats until l finish the game. Certainly l could never do some of these time trials on the PC, but l do not mind, l consider l am getting my money's worth if the game can keep me occupied for a few weeks. l actually have less trouble playing on the PS2.
The only games l cannot play are racing games, which l used to love playing :(

l can understand using savegames to get past problem area's, certainly cheats to make it easier, but a walkthough! Where is your sense of adventure, the desire to explore such beautiful environments and the satisfaction of working out a puzzle. But if you want to ruin such a great game each to his own l suppose.

L3ggy
6th Jun 2007, 10:25
Walkthrough is an over-kill.

CommanderZx2
6th Jun 2007, 10:29
Uh, maybe the "freeze level timer" in the trainer you are using is preventing the gate from opening. Ever thought of that?

Privateer1
6th Jun 2007, 10:46
Uh, maybe the "freeze level timer" in the trainer you are using is preventing the gate from opening. Ever thought of that?

I've done it now, I did it again, the 2nd time worked, so it wasn't the timer.

Privateer1
6th Jun 2007, 10:47
Walkthrough is an over-kill.

my memory is so bad now, I cant remember things, walk through help.

My brain is a victim of my misspent youth, its clearly shows, I had a brain scan (Cerebellum)for my Ataxia, that was in its normal state, but the doctors were very shocked at the damage drugs caused, so the argument ravers use is bollocks, long term damage is guaranteed, I'm proof of that.

I failed a driving test, because I forgot the course.

aussie500
6th Jun 2007, 10:52
l resorted to writing down instructions for myself the last time l worked out how to do that adrenaline dodge move, since each time l get killed 20+ times trying to work it out l have forgotten by the time l get to the next major battle. :( But then starting a new game is always like playing for the first time, you get the fun of trying to work it out ALL over again.

Privateer1
6th Jun 2007, 11:05
l have have trouble playing as well due to nerve problems, makes it very hard to use the keyboard to play games since l cannot feel where my fingers are that well. l would never consider using a walkthrough though, there is nothing wrong with my brain, it works just fine. And no l do not use cheats until l finish the game. Certainly l could never do some of these time trials on the PC, but l do not mind, l consider l am getting my money's worth if the game can keep me occupied for a few weeks. l actually have less trouble playing on the PS2.
The only games l cannot play are racing games, which l used to love playing :(

l can understand using savegames to get past problem area's, certainly cheats to make it easier, but a walkthough! Where is your sense of adventure, the desire to explore such beautiful environments and the satisfaction of working out a puzzle. But if you want to ruin such a great game each to his own l suppose.
I got a G25 Racing wheel, GTR2 is great fun, but My steering stops me improving,

Privateer1
6th Jun 2007, 11:08
l resorted to writing down instructions for myself the last time l worked out how to do that adrenaline dodge move, since each time l get killed 20+ times trying to work it out l have forgotten by the time l get to the next major battle. :( But then starting a new game is always like playing for the first time, you get the fun of trying to work it out ALL over again.

My Ataxia has killed my writing, If its important, I'll type it in notepad and print it.

aussie500
6th Jun 2007, 11:36
l can write well enough to understand it, l was about to test it out on the bear at the start of Vilcabamba, but the game decided to freeze on that instruction screen. Pretty sure the game did that the first time l played as well :(