PDA

View Full Version : Best strategy for the Fireroom Relic.

rsdigi
4th Jun 2007, 18:15
Warning: This may be a spoiler if you don't want to know the name of it:
Quite possibly the hardest relic to get in the game is the Griffin Relic. It is located in the Fire Room of the Palace Midas. I would like to know some of your strategies for getting it. I just got it by a mili-second, so I'm sure my strategy isn't the best. I'll be getting the game again for PS2 so will have to do it all over again. I'd like to know a quicker way.

Here's what I did, mind you I run through the fire and don't care about taking damage:
Pulled the switch, jumped in the water and swam to the right stairs (using the e button to go quicker) I run around to the fire plate and jump grabbing the first pillar (with middle flame) and pulled up. I jump to the second pillar and pull up. Next I run to the left and jump to the third pillar (another middle flame) then from there jump to the lion head pillar. I shuffle hand over hand quickly (using e) to the left, then back jump to the square column sticking out of the water. Now I jump to the ladder and quickly run up it (with e again) I next turn around and jump to the lion head pillar again and climb up to the top. From there I jump to the column with the griffin and grab it.

Does anyone have a better strategy cause I only got it once this way.

thomaswest8t
4th Jun 2007, 18:19
yep thats how i did it to, i think that is the only way to do it.

rsdigi
4th Jun 2007, 18:29
yep thats how i did it to, i think that is the only way to do it.
i'm just curious what I can do to get an extra second. Because out of the 30 times I did it I finally got it by the skin of my teeth.

thomaswest8t
4th Jun 2007, 18:33
Hmmm i did it on my third attempt and i was just about to tear out my hair!
Im curious Why do you want to get it again if you already have it?

Special_K
4th Jun 2007, 18:35
no need to go up the ladder

jump from teh pillar that the first switch raises straight to teh lions head pillar,
shimmy round to the other side of teh lions head pillar, climb to the top, and
jump across to the relic - you can make it with time to spare then =]

rsdigi
4th Jun 2007, 18:38
no need to go up the ladder

jump from teh pillar that the first switch raises straight to teh lions head pillar,
shimmy round to the other side of teh lions head pillar, climb to the top, and
jump across to the relic - you can make it with time to spare then =]
oh man didnt think of that! do i have to pull the ring back on the lion head pillar? or just leave it as is

demolition09
4th Jun 2007, 18:42
I jumped really late off the activation plate to the first single flame and got one of the stumble walk-ups that is faster than grabbing the ledge, then ran a little way to the right of the flame to avoid getting really toast. Then I grabbed on the first multi-flame one as I think you must do. Next straight jump across to the second single-flame, keeping away from the flame a bit to the left, then jumping and grabbing onto the lion heads. Because I already went up to the last multi-flame pillar before and stood on one of the edges where you don't really get hurt by the passing flame, I had used the grapple to move the lion head pillar around. This meant I could speed shuffle to the back side getting a bit burnt and do a triple grab up to the top without getting burnt at all, then jump straight to the last multi-flame to grab the relic. I forgot to use any medi-packs, so after I got the relic I was immediately burnt to death because the flame came round perfectly timed for me, but I still got the relic so... :whistle: :nut:

thomaswest8t
4th Jun 2007, 18:45
You dont need to anything with the grapple after youve pulled the switch, just concentrate on getting the relic.

demolition09
4th Jun 2007, 18:47
Yes go up there slow and carefully before trying the relic, then you can turn the pillar first.