PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan on getting any other versions of TRA?

rsdigi
4th Jun 2007, 17:58
What I mean is, will any of you be getting the other version of the game. For example, I have the PC version, but will also be getting the PS2 version as well. I grew up playing TR with a game controller (i play pc games this way too) and want to see how the game controls on PS2. I'm pretty sure it will be a lot tighter due to the quality of the PS2 controller. Also, my computer has trouble handling certain parts of TRA, so I would like to play it smoothly without any problems (although with less graphical detail) And for only $20 why not? It will also be available soon to PSP players, and this actually makes a great on the go game.

Mangar The Dark
4th Jun 2007, 18:04
Nah. I don't really see the sense in getting two versions. The content will be the same, the only difference will be the fact that the graphics will be scaled down for the PS2 version. It's kind of like buying a movie on DVD, and then buying the same movie on VHS-- same content, lesser quality.

Of course, if someone is using a PC that can't handle TRA smoothly, then I perfectly understand buying it on the PS2 (that's what I did with Legend), but then why buy it on the PC at all?

Gamer4Lyfe
4th Jun 2007, 18:15
I'm still in an internal debate with myself on which version to get.

rsdigi
4th Jun 2007, 18:17
Nah. I don't really see the sense in getting two versions. The content will be the same, the only difference will be the fact that the graphics will be scaled down for the PS2 version. It's kind of like buying a movie on DVD, and then buying the same movie on VHS-- same content, lesser quality.

Of course, if someone is using a PC that can't handle TRA smoothly, then I perfectly understand buying it on the PS2 (that's what I did with Legend), but then why buy it on the PC at all?
Well i'm impatient and the pc version was available first :mad2:

thomaswest8t
4th Jun 2007, 18:21
I would rather have the smoother running game on ps2 than the sexy pc version( the ps2 is easier to control anyway).

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 18:30
PC version cause it looks too darn swish :D

rsdigi
4th Jun 2007, 18:31
I would rather have the smoother running game on ps2 than the sexy pc version( the ps2 is easier to control anyway).
yeh that's what i'm saying. IMO the ps2 controller is the best controller ever made. Plus, as goofy as it sounds I want rumble! It was weird playing on the pc when i'm so used to my games vibrating. To me it really adds to the game. I hear the trex stomping it pretty cool.

NightRain'06
4th Jun 2007, 18:51
:lol: Thomaswest8t. I had to laugh at that - sexy PC version. No offense if it wasn't meant to be funny.

~~~~~

I've answered this question or I made this statement several times. :)

Yes, I will purchase two versions this time around; first the PS2, then the PC Collector's Edition because of the second disc. IF and when it (PC CE) will hopefully soon become available in US.

rsdigi
After playing the PC demo, I realized how, as you've said, tight the controls are and I agree. I've had her run in random directions on the fly and they respond precisely.
The last TR game played on the console for me was AOD and the controls were horrible as you know.

I thought I'd never play another TR on the console but for Anniversary, I can't wait to see what it's like. :) :thumbsup:

Speaking of Rumble, have you played Legend on the PC with a gamepad that has rumble and enabled Rumble option in the game ? I'm replaying Legend and noticed the option just now. :o However, I'm using keyboard and mouse.

rsdigi
4th Jun 2007, 18:56
NRNR,
I hear ya man, AOD was a mess (my biggest complaint: she didnt even shoot dual pistols!) especially the controls. I use the saitek p880 controller:
http://images.ldlc.fr/photos/00/00/28/04/ME0000280449_2.jpg
which doenst have rumble, but is an awesome controller. The only games I've ever played on a pc were from the TR series so I'll never get a rumble controller for it.

Tomb Radar
4th Jun 2007, 19:11
I'm getting the PS2 version and only the PS2 version.

NightRain'06
4th Jun 2007, 19:25
You're right ! In AOD, she didn't use dual pistols. I think she was holding one when the player has her walking around and held it with both hands when she's about to shoot-- similar to Leon in Resident Evil. Oh, God.. What was that similarity about...
ETA: And she wore denim jeans just like Leon too ! :rolleyes:

Wow.. that controller reminds me of one I bought (six button with tiny turbo switches) specifically for the Street Fighter game for the Sega Genesis console years ago. It had the little control stick to screw on in the directional pad so that I could hopefully do the dragonpunch but that didn't help. :lol: Either my timing was off or the move just couldn't be done.... no, it was me.

I had SF Alpha 2 for the PC years later and set my home keys as the controls and it worked nicely.
Dragonpunch was so easy to do. :D Wish I still had the game....

thomaswest8t
4th Jun 2007, 19:29
[QUOTE lol: Thomaswest8t. I had to laugh at that - sexy PC version. No offense if it wasn't meant to be funny.
QUOTE]

Yay i made somepne laugh! :lol: :lol:

MrE26
4th Jun 2007, 19:37
I've got both & i'd recommened anyone with a pc capable of running it to get that version. Both games are identical, but the PC has quicker load times & sharper graphics & it's a fair bit cheaper than the PS2 version as well.

Dutch_Croft
4th Jun 2007, 19:43
I wanted to buy the special edition for my PS2, but the shops I went did n't have them? :eek: So I stick to my normal edition for the PS2 :o

TR4ever
4th Jun 2007, 19:43
I will only get PS2 version, nothing beats the dualshock2. I would only do what you are going to do if i was going to write an article to a games magazine about my opinion on wich version is better.

MrE26
4th Jun 2007, 19:46
The PC game is also optimised for use with an Xbox 360 pad, it's just plug in & play.

Qbert
4th Jun 2007, 20:11
Dualshock controllers can be plugged into a PC you know guys. I highly recommend you get the game for that and try to find the ps2/usb adapter at radioshack, otherwise you're gonna miss all the added details.

psmgamer
5th Jun 2007, 01:08
I will just stick to the PS2 version even though I do want it on PC.

Sorin
5th Jun 2007, 01:16
Nope. I only have a PC. The last console I bought was a Saturn (such an underappreciated system), so I thus do not have a playstation of any number (still bitter at Sony for ousting Sega from consoles too), an Xbox of any number, or a Nintendo console since SNES. So, only PC for me.

aussie500
5th Jun 2007, 01:56
l have a PC version, l get the PS2 version (hopefully collectors edition as well) on the 7th. If they brought out an XBox360 version l would probably buy that as well.

MrE26
5th Jun 2007, 09:32
If they brought out an XBox360 version l would probably buy that as well.
Yeah, so would i. I played the 360 version of Legend last night after hammering Anniversary for the past few days & i'd forgotten just how amazing the graphics on it are. TRA with those visuals would be a little bit special.

MercuryRapids
5th Jun 2007, 12:14
Got the PC and PS2 versions. :D

Wess~Gamer
5th Jun 2007, 14:36
Hmm.. I pre-orded the PSP-version, and I'll stay with that I guess.
maybe if the controls are really bad, Í'll buy an other one..
only I don't have a powerfull PC, and I want to do fullscreen effect and AA on (on demo it didn't work).
maybe I'll buy it for the ps2 of my brother :rolleyes:

CatSuit&Ponytail
5th Jun 2007, 15:03
You all know by now the answer to this. We have no choice, we have to get it in every format it comes for. :rolleyes:

munchkin
5th Jun 2007, 15:21
errm all of them? ;)

seriously PS2 (already have and enjoying immensly) the Wii when it comes out and if they finally do release for 360 that as well.

beccaxx ;)

gsusfrk
5th Jun 2007, 17:45
errm all of them? ;)

seriously PS2 (already have and enjoying immensly) the Wii when it comes out and if they finally do release for 360 that as well.

beccaxx ;)

ALL of them :D i wonder what wii's controls r going to b like (even though i dnt hav a wii im already excited lol)

NightRain'06
5th Jun 2007, 20:57
I can only imagine what it's like to play TR on the Wii !! I bet that'd freakin rock !

Throw the grapple move- Pretend to be Scorpion from Mortal Kombat and fling the remote forward ? :lol:

ETA: IF I had the Wii and the game, I'd constantly have her running around throwing the grapple out of nostalgia.
Heck, I even do this on the demo ! :lmao: :lol:

Joshorty
5th Jun 2007, 21:45
Won't be getting that version until we get the Wii;)

I got the PS2 and PSP pre-ordered. Ps2: to experience in great controls and surround sound:D!!

PSP: Portability sake;) I'll be having road trips this summer.

sophie22
5th Jun 2007, 21:50
hmmm i might get it for pc when it goes dirt cheap on ebay or something, because i think it will have extra stuff maybe?

Joshorty
5th Jun 2007, 21:59
How can I forget that! The PSP version will have extras that the other versions won't have:D The PC will be the same as the PS2 verison.

It's sad, for when Legend was released on PSP, not only did
-they have 6 extra costumes (no big deal really but still looks cool)
-you can change the menu background and other backgrounds you haven't seen
-the TOMB TRIALS!! THEY'RE DARN AWESOME! THEY WERE SO TOMB-ISH compared to the levels in LEGEND!

Lastly at the same time multi player! Though I haven't experienced it yet..it's almost a year since I had Legend for PSP:(