PDA

View Full Version : Buying FFXIV from the Square Enix online store

Killerious
21st Aug 2013, 20:06
I play in the Final Fantasy XIV real reborn beta (Windows/PC version). I want to know how can I buy the game and still maintain the character that I've created?

1) From my understanding, when I buy the game I get a Code. So do I need to pu this code into the Game's client in order to start playing with my character again?

Just want to be sure that I am doing is as needed.

2) MY second question is regarding the payment. I have chosen an EU server. Does it mean that I need to purchase the game from the EU store? - Do I have the option to buy the game in USD instead of Euros?

Thanks in advance.;)

Mashr2010
21st Aug 2013, 20:18
When you go to register your game, select the Service Account that you played on during the Beta, it will say that you had the Window's Beta listed for that service account. You will find the service accounts on this website: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account on the bottom of the list on the left there is a Select Service option, click Final Fantasy XIV and that is where you will register your game. However, that website is not accepting codes until the 27th, so you won't be able to register your game until then. When going to add the code, you will select an option that's something similar to "Add to existing service" in order to register it and be able to play with your beta characters.

Playing on an EU server doesn't mean you will need to buy from the EU store. Anyone can play on any server at any time. An EU server just means the latency is better for customers playing from the EU. So you can buy the game from the US store, even if you are playing on an EU server. I hope this helps! :D

The information from the first part of the post may change, as they are planning on implementing a website called the Mog Station starting at launch where you can take care of stuff related to your Final Fantasy XIV account, however it is unclear if you are able to register your game there as well, or just buy time and register promotional codes.

Killerious
21st Aug 2013, 21:15
Thanks for answering but I have a question.

You said: "it will say that you had the Window's Beta listed for that service account". When I login and click the Select service, then click Final Fantasy XIV, I can't see where it says beta nor I see that it refers to the Real Reborn version of the game, seems like for the older version.

It says: "Code registration currently unavailable." and in the Active Serviec Accounts it's written "Final Fantasy XIV". There isn't anything mentions the beta. Can't I see the progression in that area, and do you think that maybe my beta wasn't connected to my account. I used the same login user and pass.

Thanks.

Zilvereyes
21st Aug 2013, 21:36
http://i42.tinypic.com/2qc4ks8.jpg

Killerious
21st Aug 2013, 21:45
In the "Confirm account status" I see:

Service name:
- All services
- Account Basic Service
- Final Fantasy XIV

When choosing the "Final Fantasy XIV" and clicking the "Display" button I see:

Final Fantasy XIV August 17, 2013

Nothing about the beta though.

Mashr2010
21st Aug 2013, 21:52
In the "Confirm account status" I see:

Service name:
- All services
- Account Basic Service
- Final Fantasy XIV

When choosing the "Final Fantasy XIV" and clicking the "Display" button I see:

Final Fantasy XIV August 17, 2013

Nothing about the beta though.

That would be the Beta, even if it doesn't directly say it. And thanks for that picture Zilvereyes, I'll remember that one, I forgot you could view the specifics there.

Zilvereyes
21st Aug 2013, 21:53
This means that you have an beta account associated with your account managment, when you buy the game you update this service and you'll be able to play your beta characters, if you pre-order you should also update this service (which should be your only option), and should have early access to your beta characters from the 24th :-)

Killerious
21st Aug 2013, 22:14
THANKS SO MUCH. YOu really helped me. Althoug I have last question:

When I buy the game from the NA shop, does't it also mean that I will be charged in US dollars and not Euros?

Mashr2010
21st Aug 2013, 22:16
THANKS SO MUCH. YOu really helped me. Althoug I have last question:

When I buy the game from the NA shop, does't it also mean that I will be charged in US dollars and not Euros?

If you buy it from the NA shop, it would most likely be US Dollars, yes. Though, if you're in a different region you may want to make sure you're buying from the appropriate store for shipping and billing purposes.

Killerious
21st Aug 2013, 22:20
But I am buying the digital version Mashr2010, not the retail. Furthermore, I didn't find my country in the list in the NA, it jsut lists the US countries.

Mashr2010
21st Aug 2013, 22:23
But I am buying the digital version Mashr2010, not the retail. Furthermore, I didn't find my country in the list in the NA, it jsut lists the US countries.

If you were alright buying it, then you will probably be charged your local equivalent in the cost. I can't say for sure though, I'm not that well versed in how the Square Enix store handles their transactions, sorry I can't be more helpful D:

Killerious
21st Aug 2013, 23:10
Thanks a lot for your time, you have been very helpful.

Killerious
21st Aug 2013, 23:59
From what I can see, they force me to buy the game in Euro and not in USD. I hope I will get official answer from square enxi about that. If it's in Euro I will probably skip this game. Crap.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 01:20
You will want to try this link: http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/DisplayHomePage the link at the top of the page links to the EU store automatically, this is the NA one! Hope this helps! :D

dheydhe
23rd Aug 2013, 12:07
We are unable to process your request at this time. The customer support has already been informed about this situation and will get in touch with you if necessary. (Error ID: 5002).

Anyone else having this issue? i cant seem to buy the game from the square enix eu store.

Neshska
23rd Aug 2013, 12:13
I bought my copies (for family members) from amazon,it is £5 cheaper than enix website and enix are the ones selling it on amazon LOL
we got our pre order early access codes in email the next day.This might be a option for you to try.BTW...these are just standard pc hard copies but you do get early access and a in-game hat/pet.

dheydhe
23rd Aug 2013, 12:18
I bought my copies (for family members) from amazon,it is £5 cheaper than enix website and enix are the ones selling it on amazon LOL
we got our pre order early access codes in email the next day.This might be a option for you to try.BTW...these are just standard pc hard copies but you do get early access and a in-game hat/pet.
Thanks for the tip, but i really want the digital download only. Because its hard for them to deliver the hard copies to where i live.

Endlessevil
9th Sep 2013, 23:19
Anyone know when will square enix store re-open sale on FFXIV.. the server seems stable now... I own a PS3 version of the game but I'd love to be able to play the game on PC (wanting to purchase a PC ver.) If anyone could help on the matter.. it would be greatly appreciated...

Gomly1980
9th Sep 2013, 23:27
Stable but full.

Some of them are still locked from creating new characters.

I know a few still give the "world is full, try again later" message so I doubt it will be back on sale anytime soon.

Stoneyjr101
10th Sep 2013, 19:16
Ughh I'm also waiting to get of copy for the PC! I've been waiting weeks now! If they could give us a a time and date when the copies would be available again that would be great! or any feedback at all >:

Wikkr1
10th Sep 2013, 20:12
there hasn't been a single mention of renewing sales since they took them down from the store on the 28th. No mention on the forums/facebook/twitter and every request for info has been ignored. They give updates on server status and character creation for those who already bought the game but for the rest of us unable to snag a copy there is a complete void of info.

The biggest kick in the teeth is that If theyd been open at the beginning and said "its gonna be gone for a couple of weeks while we sort stuff out" those of us unable to purchase could go about our day and wait. With no info atall all we can do is sit and check day after day, after day, after day, after day.... With no end in sight.

At this stage it could be back tonight, though given they still have server restrictions I doubt it, or it could be back next month. Noone at SE can be bothered to let us know because at the end of the day we aren't customers yet so we don't seem to matter.

Upryke
10th Sep 2013, 20:49
I was on the store the other day and seen the PC version said it's stock status as available. So, I ordered it with next day delivery. Got up the next morning and I received a automated email from square saying that the product I had ordered is unavailable. I got back to their site today and it still list the PC version as available. Pretty lame and deceptive IMO.

leoxastaroth
10th Sep 2013, 22:19
Everyone from my guild and my real life friends that are playing the game are already at max level and enjoying end game content, meanwhile I can't even buy the game regardless of how much I scour the net and local shops, the whole ordeal is putting me off from even bothering, thanks a lot Square Enix, not ONE word of news to those who wish to play.

Wikkr1
11th Sep 2013, 10:33
Everyone from my guild and my real life friends that are playing the game are already at max level and enjoying end game content, meanwhile I can't even buy the game regardless of how much I scour the net and local shops, the whole ordeal is putting me off from even bothering, thanks a lot Square Enix, not ONE word of news to those who wish to play.

this sums it up nicely. Ive been part of a guild that regularly plays together on numerous MMO's. weve played wow, swtor, gw2, nw, ps1&2 etc etc. All but 2 of us were able to pick up copies before they stopped selling and now they are all at end game or fast approaching and us two who had to wait due to rl problems are now miles behind.

The real kick is the complete lack of acknowledgement from SE. I understand you've got problems but why the hell are you ignoring all those who haven't been able to buy the game yet?

UdderJuice
11th Sep 2013, 16:32
This is really getting ridiculous. My friends are playing while I wait to be allowed to download the game. They need to sort this out. QUICKLY.

CrazedWeevil
11th Sep 2013, 18:46
Out of curiosity, does anyone remember how much the digital download version on the SE website was when it was up?

Gomly1980
11th Sep 2013, 19:18
Out of curiosity, does anyone remember how much the digital download version on the SE website was when it was up?

Yep, it was £19.99 ..... Roughly $30 .... no idea in Euro's, i'm British and i'm old, keeping track of my own currency is enough trouble.

CrazedWeevil
11th Sep 2013, 20:33
Yep, it was £19.99 ..... Roughly $30 .... no idea in Euro's, i'm British and i'm old, keeping track of my own currency is enough trouble.Thank you kindly. Surprisingly cheap...

Wikkr1
11th Sep 2013, 20:37
I thought it was 14.99 for us brits? (may be wrong). I do remember the only reason I didn't buy it at the time was cause my paycheck got delayed

Gomly1980
11th Sep 2013, 21:41
I thought it was 14.99 for us brits? (may be wrong). I do remember the only reason I didn't buy it at the time was cause my paycheck got delayed

Cost me and my missus £19.99 each........ Well, it cost her £19.99 twice I have the pleasure of paying for the bills with my pay.

That was from the Square store. It is possible it may be cheaper elsewhere .... Amazon would be a good place to keep an eye on. They tend to have things going cheap. Some times I could hug Amazon.

Acirem
11th Sep 2013, 23:18
Well I'm getting aggravated trying to find a copy, I decide to order and pay $18-$19 extra for 2nd day shipping only to be told that its out of stock the next day. Seriously, Square owes us more than just an apology at this point lol.

Darighaaz
12th Sep 2013, 02:03
I started playing 5 days ago? Maybe 4? I walked into Best Buy, and purchased a physical copy that they just got in stock; They hadn't even had the chance to put it in one of the hard plastic cases to go out on the shelf yet. I paid $29.99+ tax US for it. Physical copies are still being sold, find a retailer.

Wikkr1
12th Sep 2013, 09:23
you were extremely lucky then. I have my name down in all 8 'local' game retailers where I am and they haven't had any new PC copies since the initial lot. PS3 sure theres tonnes of copies left. but I aint paying 300+ for a console just to play 1 game.

Stoneyjr101
12th Sep 2013, 20:11
I know you can still find hard copies out there but i need a digital copy! I already have the game downloaded onto my pc i just need the cd key! ughh so annoying......... I play on the ps3 lvl50drg and the game is completely trash on the ps3! i would wait and get it for the ps4 but i want to play on the damm Pc! I bought it for the ps3 just to try a mmo out on it and i don't recommend it at all. Unless you like grinding fates where all the mobs show up dead because the dam console can't load content fast enough stay away!

GonGaZ
7th Nov 2013, 13:39
Hi, this may be a stupid question but ok, here it goes.

Can i buy FFXIV to pc form Square Enix shop? if yes, is it in stock? and how do you proceed to deliver it to me?

Since i live in Portugal and here every shops that sell FFXIV are out of stock, i only have this way (at least that i know) to buy the game. I've never bought something form out of my country that's why the stupid questions.

Thank you

TheRealKraggy
8th Nov 2013, 09:20
Not stupid questions. :)

The FFXIV page in the web store is here: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/games/pc-windows-download/FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn.php

As far as I know all games bought through the Store are software downloads, I don't believe they sell boxed copies.