PDA

View Full Version : MISC. SPECIFIC INFO REQUESTED FROM ALL PLAY SESSION TESTERS

Monkeythumbz
7th Nov 2013, 13:05
Hi everybody,

We'd like you to submit specific information via e-mail to Nosgothbugs@square-enix.com when you encounter problems with the game, particularly when connecting with the servers, to help us identify the current issues.

Please be aware that if we notice problems on certain servers we will switch to other servers, which may cause some users to temporarily drop out of the game.

Please would you send us the following:

Description: What were you doing, what were others doing, what other abnormalities occurred?
Steps to reproduce, starting from when you boot the title to the best of your recollection.
Provance
Freeport
Valeholm
Sommerdamm
Store
Lobby
Armory
Inventory

Server name: We have added the server name to the lobby and in-game score screens. When reporting a bug, it would be a great help to us if you could also report what game you were in.
Attached log file, located in your directory in either of the following locations:

Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs\Launch.log
My Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs

Your internet bandwidth connection speed

Please send in a SpeedTest (http://www.speedtest.net/) report, as your ISP advertised speed and actual speed may vary.

Your DxDiag

How to make a DxDiag (http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/community/development/bug-reporting/how-to-make-a-dxdiag) (courtesy of our friends over at Heroes & Generals (http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/))

I will then forward your e-mails directly to Psyonix (http://www.psyonix.com/).

Monkeythumbz
7th Nov 2013, 18:43
UPDATE: The servers are currently unavailable and we are working to rectify this as quickly as we can but we can't give a guaranteed time they will be back online. Once the servers are up, we will extend today's play session by an hour.

Monkeythumbz
7th Nov 2013, 18:55
UPDATE: The servers are now back online! Have fun in-game!!

Monkeythumbz
13th Nov 2013, 12:46
Just FYI, we have changed the e-mail address to which players need to send their bug report info. It is now nosgothbugs@square-enix.com.

Syst3mzero
14th Nov 2013, 00:23
Just FYI, we have changed the e-mail address to which players need to send their bug report info. It is now nosgothbugs@square-enix.com.

Could you update that into the first comment in the thread, If I were reporting a bug it would be easily missed in the 4th comment whereas if you edit the first comment I'm sure more of the reports will get there through the right channel.

Thanks,
Syst3m :)

Monkeythumbz
14th Nov 2013, 11:07
Could you update that into the first comment in the thread, If I were reporting a bug it would be easily missed in the 4th comment whereas if you edit the first comment I'm sure more of the reports will get there through the right channel.

Thanks,
Syst3m :)

Done! Thanks for the tip :)

lucinvampire
14th Nov 2013, 20:54
George...a question...did you want nil returns too?
I had no issues what so ever with the servers tonight...don't know if you want that in your inbox or not - you know clogging it up and all ;)

Monkeythumbz
15th Nov 2013, 14:06
George...a question...did you want nil returns too?
I had no issues what so ever with the servers tonight...don't know if you want that in your inbox or not - you know clogging it up and all ;)

By all means send us nil returns to the e-mail address - at this stage, all information is useful to us! :)

lucinvampire
15th Nov 2013, 17:36
Ok will do :D though this time forgot to write the name down... I will do in future promise! Don't shoot me ;)

MakaHost
15th Nov 2013, 18:19
You also might want to change the path to the log-files, as I find them under "{MyDocuments}\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs" and not in the dictionary I installed the game in (:

hirukaru
15th Nov 2013, 19:46
You also might want to change the path to the log-files, as I find them under "{MyDocuments}\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs" and not in the dictionary I installed the game in (:

This is normal for games in a windows environment. (This is one of the bad things about Windows. it stores data everywhere on your computer) It might be good indeed if psynix can place all data on just one part of the computer but I don't think it will be that easy.

Probably your data is also stored there unless this is stored on the servers of Square enix/Psynix)

lucinvampire
16th Nov 2013, 01:15
Cool :D thanks for the information that's a great help

jsv16660
4th Feb 2014, 18:05
Where and how should I attach screenshots for bug reports?

RainaAudron
4th Feb 2014, 18:08
Attach them in an email to nosgothbugs@square-enix.com

jsv16660
4th Feb 2014, 18:12
I feel dumb for I can't see such option in native Square Enix account mailbox. May I use my personal mailbox instead?

Monkeythumbz
5th Feb 2014, 15:38
I feel dumb for I can't see such option in native Square Enix account mailbox. May I use my personal mailbox instead?

Sure, but just state you're doing so in your e-mail.

Syst3mzero
12th Feb 2014, 02:56
Hey Monkeythumbz can we get the alternative log location of My Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs listed too in the original post so people know it may be there.

Monkeythumbz
13th Feb 2014, 15:35
Hey Monkeythumbz can we get the alternative log location of My Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs listed too in the original post so people know it may be there.

Done!