PDA

View Full Version : i hate killing animals, is the anniversary worth buying anyway?

evangeline
4th Jun 2007, 13:36
I loved the previous tomb raider, but found it hard to kill the tigers and other animals because they just jumped on me and i couldn't get myself up and running again! And while jumping i really didnt see where i was shooting.. But i was pretty good when it came to killing those men! :confused: I've understood there are many animals in TR Anniversary, so should i buy it or is it just a waste of time for me?

GoranAgar
4th Jun 2007, 13:41
You can finish the game while leaving most of the wild life untouched. Some, unfortunately, you have to tranquilize.

And no, there is no tranquilizer gun. It is all in our minds. ;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
4th Jun 2007, 13:47
:o I am right now trying to lure some big kitties away from where I need to be, so that they can continue to run around happily....it's taking a lot of effort and nerves, but hey, it's how I play the game. *shrugs*

PARaider
4th Jun 2007, 13:50
I loved the previous tomb raider, but found it hard to kill the tigers and other animals because they just jumped on me and i couldn't get myself up and running again! And while jumping i really didnt see where i was shooting.. But i was pretty good when it came to killing those men! :confused: I've understood there are many animals in TR Anniversary, so should i buy it or is it just a waste of time for me?

I have not got my hands upon Anniversary yet but I understand where you are comming from with the animal combat in Legend. I don't know which version you are playing but in the PC version, you can change the combat mode under the options menu to make it a little bit easier to shoot the animals. After some experimentation, I was able to find a mode that works best for me. :D

evangeline
4th Jun 2007, 13:51
lovely, thank you! i suppose i have to wait a while anyway for the anniversary here in finland :(

Mangar The Dark
4th Jun 2007, 13:52
Keep in mind, you're not killing animals, you're killing pixels. In fact, you're not even killing pixels, you're just making a program go into a subroutine that causes the pixels to shift about in such a way as to resemble a dead animal. Nothing to get upset over.

evangeline
4th Jun 2007, 13:52
PARaider, im playing on PC too, how should i change the combat mode? thank you!

evangeline
4th Jun 2007, 13:59
hehe im not really upset about killing the animals on screen, more like upset about not being able to kill them. :D my point was it took time and effort to kill even a little tiger so if there are many tigers and dinosaurs that are as hard to kill, i dont know if i want to play the game.. and that pisses me off because i love tr. :(

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 14:07
I understand your frustration with Legend as I found it as such as well. Take jeart though the animales in Anniversary ah easier to shoot as they don't pounce on you all that much. Plus there's ussualy heaps more room to run and dodge away from them ;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
4th Jun 2007, 14:07
Oooooo, you meant hard, not hard....I see..... :lol:

Well, I must be soft then, I find it hard to kill even pixeled representations of animals....I can't get around the concept that they are only acting on pixel instinct. :rolleyes:

PARaider
4th Jun 2007, 14:09
PARaider, im playing on PC too, how should i change the combat mode? thank you!

I believe that you go under the options menu, and then under the control option. Towards the top of the screen, you will see an option for combat mode. :thumbsup:

I remember about five or so options to change the way that Lara will lock onto targets and move around while firing. The perfect place to experiment with the combat modes would be on the second level where you have the "dummy" to experiment on. Play around with the different combat modes until you find one that you are comfortable with. :D

It may take some experimentation but you may find the game much more enjoyable to play.

Again, this applies to Legend since I do not have Anniversary yet, although similiar options may exist in Anniversary

uuuluuu
4th Jun 2007, 14:15
well I've noticed many of the animals have strange glowing eyes... So I like to pretend they're possessed by some evil spirit that's making them wander around ancient tombs :( . So I'm really doing them a service by freeing their poor tortured souls ;)

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 14:18
I have no problem killing innocent animals so long as they are pixelated. Now the real thing I can't.

CatSuit&Ponytail
4th Jun 2007, 14:19
Demon animals, eh? hmmmmmmmmm :scratch: Could be, could be..... :whistle:

rsdigi
4th Jun 2007, 14:31
hey man, if you have trouble jumping and pushing the fire button I'd stay away from the game. Cause you're gonna have tons of trouble with the rest of the game since it is 20x more complicated.

evangeline
4th Jun 2007, 17:36
hey man, if you have trouble jumping and pushing the fire button I'd stay away from the game. Cause you're gonna have tons of trouble with the rest of the game since it is 20x more complicated.

hehe no, my only problem is with those animals, after all i did get through the legend! But there were only a few animals here and there, unlike in the anniversary i guess..

rsdigi
4th Jun 2007, 17:39
hehe no, my only problem is with those animals, after all i did get through the legend! But there were only a few animals here and there, unlike in the anniversary i guess..
I just mean the puzzles and platforming elements are much more complicated then the shooting of enemies

TR4ever
4th Jun 2007, 20:08
Can´t belive there are people having troubles on killing some fictional animals. FOR CHRIST SAKE, THEY AREN´T REAL, COMMON EVERYBODY, WAKE UP,ITS A GAME!!!!

Qbert
4th Jun 2007, 20:18
Oh man, I was just laughing at the title when I read it. Hobbs and Tigger are heading their way to extinction in this game.

4th Jun 2007, 20:56
Can´t belive there are people having troubles on killing some fictional animals. FOR CHRIST SAKE, THEY AREN´T REAL, COMMON EVERYBODY, WAKE UP,ITS A GAME!!!!

If you actually READ what she said before gunning off with the first post that came to your head, you would have realised she said the fights were too difficult for her in other Tomb Raiders, but you didn't did you?

kat6234
4th Jun 2007, 21:34
i hated that legend had mainly mercinaries but i think i'll like TRA but i'll try not to kill them cause i feel SO sorry for them even though there just pixles.

TR4ever
4th Jun 2007, 21:58
If you actually READ what she said before gunning off with the first post that came to your head, you would have realised she said the fights were too difficult for her in other Tomb Raiders, but you didn't did you?

I was refering to Catsuit and Ponytail!!!!

TR4ever
4th Jun 2007, 22:02
:o I am right now trying to lure some big kitties away from where I need to be, so that they can continue to run around happily....it's taking a lot of effort and nerves, but hey, it's how I play the game. *shrugs*

"so that they can continue to run around happily...."

I think this clearly shows she fells sorry for the "poor" animals.
I´m not stupid 05013, and if you read what i said you would notice i said that there where some people feeling sorry for the animals, i didn´t specified who it WAS!!

Laura Croft
4th Jun 2007, 23:03
Keep in mind, you're not killing animals, you're killing pixels. In fact, you're not even killing pixels, you're just making a program go into a subroutine that causes the pixels to shift about in such a way as to resemble a dead animal. Nothing to get upset over.

LOL. Getting all technical on us now are you?

Bampire
4th Jun 2007, 23:32
Yeah, exactly, not only they're pixels.. They disappear after they die.. So you wont get to see them, with the same face as they did before they were 'killed'.

CatSuit&Ponytail
5th Jun 2007, 08:03

Well, what can I say to that? Obviously I must be a defective human if I find even the simulation of some things distasteful. Also, I am dreadfully sorry that my way of dealing and creating a challenge of "saving" animals in games is offensive to you. :rolleyes:

And whatever your opinion of that, I do not appreciate you yelling at me. :mad: