PDA

View Full Version : commentaries?

redfox45
4th Jun 2007, 11:06
So far I have unlocked commentaries for Peru and Greece, but what are they and how do I see/listen to them?

MrE26
4th Jun 2007, 11:53
You need to turn the commentary markers on in the options menu. Then when replaying the levels you've unlocked, every so often you'll see purple crystals, similar to the old save crystals. Press 'use' in front of them & Rick Botta & Toby Gard will give a few minutes of voice-over, going over various things about the area you're currently in.

Martin C
4th Jun 2007, 12:40
The commentaries were a nice addition for replaying through the game. My only gripe with them is that there are not enough of them and I would have loved to see more commentaries from different members of the design team.

Having played through Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and seen the wealth of commentary markers that they made available, discussing game design, art direction, A.I etc and from more members of the team. Would like to see Crystal Dynamics take note and hopefuly expand on the commentaries for TR:L2.

Martin C x

PARaider
4th Jun 2007, 14:13
The commentaries were a nice addition for replaying through the game. My only gripe with them is that there are not enough of them and I would have loved to see more commentaries from different members of the design team.

Having played through Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and seen the wealth of commentary markers that they made available, discussing game design, art direction, A.I etc and from more members of the team. Would like to see Crystal Dynamics take note and hopefuly expand on the commentaries for TR:L2.

Martin C x

I do not have Anniversary yet (living in the U.S.:mad2: ). Anyway, I was excited to hear that Anniversary had commentaries (I was also thinking about the HL2:EP1 commentaries). I must admit that I am a little disappointed to hear that they are not as detailed/informative as half-life. Maybe it is a stepping-stone and CD will include a more in-depth commentary in Legend II (whatever it is called).