PDA

View Full Version : Not able to walk or sneak using my gamepad

[SweN]Rocky
4th Jun 2007, 07:42
Hi there, I bought a gamepad a while back since I knew that TR:A was to be released. But I´m not able to map the specific movements for walk and sneak on it. Every other movement is a piece of cake to map, but those two won´t stick. Does anyone have a clue on how to do that.

Oh, the gamepad in question is a Logitech dual action w/o the rumblepack.

Leak
4th Jun 2007, 08:01
Rocky;653628']Does anyone have a clue on how to do that.
You can't use the "walk" and "sneak" buttons with a gamepad, as those are for keyboard control only.

You can, however, push the left stick just slightly into any direction to sneak, a bit more to walk and all the way into any direction to run.

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 08:04
That would be the analogue stick ;) :p

J_B_G_
4th Jun 2007, 08:29
Rocky;653628']

Oh, the gamepad in question is a Logitech dual action w/o the rumblepack.

I have the Logitech dual action w/o rumble also and works fine as Leak has said however remapping buttons proved near mind melting so with the software that came with it installed I went back to default pad settings for the game and just relearned what did what. The numbers on the pad dont correspond to the game settings and trying to make them results in brain damage.:lol:

P.S. The worst problem I have with this controller is its so darn sensitive on the top hat buttons I keep going into pause in heavy action without trying.

Leak
4th Jun 2007, 11:04
That would be the analogue stick ;) :p
Yeah, but which one? The left or the right one? :D

(My controller has 2 of those, see... :whistle:)

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 11:24
Let me see, that would be the righ... I mean left one :p

[SweN]Rocky
4th Jun 2007, 12:03
Thanks for the quick answering. Too bad they can´t be mapped since the others are mappable. Well, just have to live with it. It´s a bit strange though since I was able to walk in the original TR. At least when playing the PSX-version of the game.