PDA

View Full Version : You Guys are fast :))

fgcity
4th Jun 2007, 06:39
I noticed on the forums that even the game came out on Friday all you guys already almost finished it. Well i have played all the Tomb Raider's and love them. But after the LEGEND which i finished in one day i am kinda afraid to finish it too quickly so i play one level every day. Is this one bigger (longer game play) than the LEGEND ?

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 06:49
The understanding is that it is longer ie; it is bigger. Of course its not as large as the original game.

Undiscovered_Tomb
4th Jun 2007, 06:49
it was confirmed that it was longer than legend lol

but i think half of the ppl that finished tra didnt compleat it 100% lol

sophie22
4th Jun 2007, 06:50
yeah i got it the day it came out and im on natlas mines, feeling like the game is going to end not too far off, and i thought i had been going slow, i wish they hadnt combined levels, i didnt mind in the caves, it worked very well, but when you get to the collosium and its so short and the cistern is one level that i was dissapointed with, nowhere near the same feel, you just wish they had given them their own levels

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 06:56
I guess it comes down to how much they could fit on one DVD as well as the time needed to develope it. Personally I was surprised in how quickly it took for the game to be released. A longer game would take much more for development for sure.

fgcity
4th Jun 2007, 07:46
What do you mean that half the people that finished TR didn't complete it 100%?

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 07:47
It means that they completed the game but did not obtain all the extra's to be found in the game. To complete the game 100% you would have to have found all these hidden items and that takes time. More time than it would if you just went from level to level to advance the story ;)

MrE26
4th Jun 2007, 07:53
I finished it last night & i'm now going for 100%, listening to commentaries etc.. It's a great game, the reason i finished it so quickly is because i couldn't put it down!

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 07:55
Good for you :D Its likely I will be doing the same thing ;)

fgcity
4th Jun 2007, 09:02
hmm, ok, i get that. Don't spoil it for the rest of us. :)

PS: are there going to be vehicles later in the game? (I just killed the two Horse like Freezing guys).

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 09:06
TR1 never had vehicles to ride or drive thus I doubt this one will as it is a retelling of that game.

fgcity
4th Jun 2007, 09:22
MrE26 did you found any vehicles when you played it?

Sorin
4th Jun 2007, 09:25
I finished it last night & i'm now going for 100%, listening to commentaries etc.. It's a great game, the reason i finished it so quickly is because i couldn't put it down!

Commentaries rock. :) I love listening to commentaries, be it movies or games. I love hearing what they were thinking, what their thought and design processes were, what was going through their mind, what other things they tried, what their inspirations were, interesting little anecdotes, etc. It's a sort of behind the scenes thing. Every game should have it :D I really hope Legend 2 does.

MrE26
4th Jun 2007, 09:40
MrE26 did you found any vehicles when you played it?
No, it's a remake of the first game so it's Lara, a load of animals, lots of puzzles & some huuuuge tombs to explore. No vehicles at all in this one.

Commentaries rock. :) I love listening to commentaries, be it movies or games. I love hearing what they were thinking, what their thought and design processes were, what was going through their mind, what other things they tried, what their inspirations were, interesting little anecdotes, etc. It's a sort of behind the scenes thing. Every game should have it :D I really hope Legend 2 does.
These ones are great so far, they've got Rick Botta & Toby Gard going through the ideas behind TR1, what changes they made in this one & why. Good stuff.

gsusfrk
4th Jun 2007, 12:38

they should make it so long that you have to put it down...only when you fall asleep while playing lol :lol:
but I mean like if there are games like final fantasy out there and huge RPG's...and literally I mean huge that take more than 40 hours to finish those games where you have to put it down, but at the same time dont want to put it down, but have to because if you dont you'll be fired from your job or whatever... so really i hope they make legend 2 HUGE :D but really im not counting on it, but hey who knows right? It would be crazy sick!