PDA

View Full Version : Development length for TRA

Sorin
4th Jun 2007, 04:28
Ok, so, how long has this game been in development? And how much of the material from the Core version is left over in the Crystal version? I ask out of curiosity since I was looking at the voice cast (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0942894/) for TRA and the guy that voices Qualopec supposedly died in the summer of 2005. :eek:

aussie500
4th Jun 2007, 05:15
The cancelled Core game has nothing to do with Tomb Raider Anniversary. Alistair Duncan also did voice acting in Tomb Raider Legend and Legacy of Kain Defiance, so l would assume he is very much alive. It was most likely some unknown aussie actor with the same name who died in 2005

Rusty_DK
4th Jun 2007, 05:24
apparently the footage everyone talks about seeing from CORE was a PSP version

Shrensh
4th Jun 2007, 06:00
You can't necessarily believe everything that's written at IMDb because its content is added by its users. Plus, there's more than one Alastair Duncan on IMDb so that date of death may have been added to the wrong profile there.

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 06:06
Precisly why I never go there ;)

rabid metro
4th Jun 2007, 08:06
Ok, so, how long has this game been in development? ... I ask out of curiosity since I was looking at the voice cast for TRA and the guy that voices Qualopec supposedly died in the summer of 2005.
it is possible that Alistair Duncan did the Qualopec voice in TRA, the Winston voice in TRL and died in August 2005!

TRA started development in early 2005 and Legend started a full year before this (**cough** Legend II in 2006 **cough**).
Voice acting sound bites, as used in video games, are easy to obtain early, and usually have various alternatives.
in addition to that, current technology allows new phrases to be created from recorded phrases, in virtually the same voice if needed.
Duncan worked with CD for a long time (i.e. Legacy of Kain) and was more than likely the "go to guy" for certain stereotypical roles.
his scripts could have easily been thought of early on ...

They say that you should deposit another two cents to continue this message.
They say that now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins.
They say that Nipper can still hear his master's voice.

Sorin
4th Jun 2007, 22:24
If he is still alive and IMDb has indeed failed me for the first time in over 5 years, then maybe he can come on here and do his Qualopec cinematic thing:

"I am still here, wretch."

TRA is already quotable in real life. :D

Laura Croft
4th Jun 2007, 22:54
TRA is already quotable in real life. :D

Don't you love it when that happens. :D