PDA

View Full Version : Buying C.E FF14 ARR on PSN

Hippy_Pickle
20th Aug 2013, 15:18
Hi everyone,

So I've been looking all over for information regarding how the PSN store download will work but the official site only says "details to follow" but I could do with knowing soon.

Here's the scenario, I purchase the game via the PSN store and this will register the purchase against my SE account which will allow me to play away on my PSN account.

My wife has her own PSN account on the same console and with normal store downloads she can play them but obviously this would require a valid registration + her own subscription.

So is there going to be a similar thing to online passes (like pre-owned games) or could I in theory buy the cheaper PC version and register that on her SE account which will then show she has the active FFXIV service. This should then allow her to play the game on the PS3 wouldn't it? Also PSN downloads allow for install on 2 PS3 consoles, so if the SE account you log in with has valid game registration then that should be fine for dual play I would image.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dekkarra
20th Aug 2013, 21:15
All FFXIV service accounts must have a code registered for each platform you will be playing on. So if you are wanting to play on PC and PS3, you need to have registration code applied for each, as well as having your SQUARE ENIX Account linked to a Sony Entertainment Network ID (aka PSN ID).

Hippy_Pickle
21st Aug 2013, 07:47
Thanks for the reply,

I just went ahead and ordered an actual disc and convinced the wife to buy one for herself too lol.

I have found the lack of information regarding the PS3 store downloads and registration codes / multiple account rather disheartening so I just got 2 physical copies to save stress.

Narusegawa
22nd Aug 2013, 07:41
can 2 ppl play with one copy of the game?, i mean a digital copy its up to 2 PS3 sharing the same account r? then if the other PS3 download the game with the same account but after log with his own and launch the game, he can log in with his own SE account r? only he needs to pay his monthly fee, am i right?

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 07:56
I asked this question but couldn't really get an answer. To be honest I think you actually need another game because you have to have the game serial registration. I was wondering if you could get the cheaper PC version and register that to an SE account and log in with that on the 2nd PS3. I wanted to do the exact same thing as yourself as I have 2 PS3's but I ended up just going for 2 physical copies.

You might have to wait until launch and see what people say about the digital download and 2 consoles. I couldn't even find FFXIV on the UK PSN store as I wanted to check the price to compare against 2 disc copies but it wasn't showing so I just lumped up for 2 copies from Amazon.

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 08:00
can 2 ppl play with one copy of the game?, i mean a digital copy its up to 2 PS3 sharing the same account r? then if the other PS3 download the game with the same account but after log with his own and launch the game, he can log in with his own SE account r? only he needs to pay his monthly fee, am i right?

only 1 person can login pr console. If you have 2 consoles in your house and 2 people want to play, then you need 2 copys of the game, and to make 2 different accounts. 2 people wont be able to login at the same time to the same account using 2 different characters. But you can always send a ticket to SE or Sony and double check

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 08:05
only 1 person can login pr console. If you have 2 consoles in your house and 2 people want to play, then you need 2 copys of the game, and to make 2 different accounts. 2 people wont be able to login at the same time to the same account using 2 different characters. But you can always send a ticket to SE or Sony and double check
What he was asking about is the PS3 digital downloads let you download content on 2 consoles, so for example I have Saints Row 3 and have downloaded on both my consoles and then my wife can log in on her PSN on 1 console and play and I can log in my PSN on the other and play the same game at same time.

Obviously with this being subscription etc then FFXIV wouldn't work the same way. I asked the same question yesterday as I was wondering if SE / Sony had thought of this (or even 2 separate PSN accounts on same console being able to play separately), I would have thought that some type of online pass or registration pass would become available but there's no info out there regarding it.

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 08:10
you can download it to both consoles with just 1 copy yes. But you wont be able to play at the same time with 2 consoles on the same account like you mentioned with Saints Row 3.

But the best way to be sure is to ask the support staff on http://support.eu.square-enix.com/

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 08:18
you can download it to both consoles with just 1 copy yes. But you wont be able to play at the same time with 2 consoles on the same account like you mentioned with Saints Row 3.

But the best way to be sure is to ask the support staff on http://support.eu.square-enix.com/
I didn't say same account, that's the point of the original question. Separate accounts on separate consoles, so the real question would be are they making a registration pass available for activation a digital purchase on a 2nd PSN. This could be for a 2nd PSN on the same console or another on a 2nd PS3 that also has the digital copy install.

The point being is there a cheaper option than buying the game at full price twice.

Another scenario for example is person (A) lets call him Dad, buys the digital download, it is then registered to him on his PSN account.
Dad has person (B), his son for example, who has a separate PSN account on the same console which already has the game installed.
Now surely there should be a way to purchase a registration for the son to be able to play to game.

This isn't necessarily about playing at the same time, just registering a 2nd user.

Amcathra
22nd Aug 2013, 08:31
But, to get a 2nd gameaccount, you need a game key, and to get a gamekey, you need to buy another copy =(. I don't belive there are any "digital" copys for a cheaper price like there are for windows versions.

Narusegawa
22nd Aug 2013, 08:38
well.. i just send to support center my question, all digital games i buyed from PSN store are share with my son PS3 and alway has been that way, we dont need to be logged with the same account to play or earn achievements we play in our separate profiles, now i have to wait for the answer.

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 08:55
But, to get a 2nd gameaccount, you need a game key, and to get a gamekey, you need to buy another copy =(. I don't belive there are any "digital" copys for a cheaper price like there are for windows versions.

This is basically the point I was trying to make, because of the structure of a PS3 console having multiple accounts then you would have thought they would have considered this scenario and make a purchase of a gamekey available without having to buy a 2nd copy of the game because what would be the point when you only have 1 machine etc.

Anyway, I just bought 2 copies to save on the stress and lack of info, but if you have a PS3 with multiple accounts or a 2nd console with the same accounts on it then you'd get where we're coming from with this query.

HEC007
22nd Aug 2013, 09:13

No - download is bound to the PSN / SEN account from which it was purchased / downloaded. When you attempt to run it on any other PSN account on the same PS3 (or your second PS3 with your PSN account) it will tell you that you need to enter the activation code for that particular account. It's also not possible to login to game twice on two PS3s using the SAME PSN / SEN account as the moment you'll try to login with (even different) character to the game you'll get notified that you're already logged in.

In short - you need to purchase a copy of the game for each (PSN) account as well as have separate SE sub for those as well indeed.

acid_queen
24th Aug 2013, 04:37
i bought the FF14 CE on my ps3 on my master account i was wanting to know if a secoundary account can play if i pay the monthly fee

Gerarde
7th Nov 2013, 11:11
Hello, I just want to ask something
Im planning on buying the Digital Download of FF14:ARR on PSN.
I just want to ask, where will I be able to see the CD Key that comes with it so that I can register it to my SE account since it says
I need to enter the key to create a support account

Thanks in advance! :D

Hippy_Pickle
8th Nov 2013, 13:00
There is no key or separate code when purchasing from the PSN. It will add your initial 30 day subscription, and presumably the CE entitlement, to your PS3 'services list' (in account management > transactions). Then all you need to do is link you PSN ID to your SE ID when logging into the game.

Gerarde
9th Nov 2013, 12:41
Ohh I see. Thank you so much :D