PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Square Enix Game?

member_10740464
25th Jul 2012, 13:43
Hello SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS! how are you today everyone? I hope everything is just fine with you and all, you can always send friend requests or messeges to me at anytime and ask anything you want help with or to know about, you're always warmly welcome! ^_^

In this thread, we're going to talk about the most difficult game you've ever played from Square Enix, the reason I posted this thread is just to know about your experiences playing a certain Square Enix game that you might think is the hardest from my own perspective. ^.^

So! Would you like to share your thoughts with us about this subject? if you do, then please answer the following questions: ^_^

>.< !You don't have to answer all of them! >.<

1- What's the hardest Square Enix game on PSone you've ever played and why?

2- What's the hardest Square Enix game on PS2 you've ever played and why?

3- What's the hardest Square Enix game on PS3 you've ever played and why?

4- What's the hardest Square Enix game on PSP you've ever played and why?

5- What's the hardest Square Enix game on Other you've ever played and why?

^.^ There you go! Thank you so much for answering in advance! ^.^

ZachiroEnigma0
25th Jul 2012, 14:12
Hello SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS! how are you today everyone? I hope everything is just fine with you and all, you can always send friend requests or messeges to me at anytime and ask anything you want help with or to know about, you're always warmly welcome! ^_^

In this thread, we're going to talk about the most difficult game you've ever played from Square Enix, the reason I posted this thread is just to know about your experiences playing a certain Square Enix game that you might think is the hardest from my own perspective. ^.^

So! Would you like to share your thoughts with us about this subject? if you do, then please answer the following questions: ^_^

1- What's the hardest Square Enix game on PSone you've ever played and why?

2- What's the hardest Square Enix game on PS2 you've ever played and why?

3- What's the hardest Square Enix game on PS3 you've ever played and why?

4- What's the hardest Square Enix game on PSP you've ever played and why?

5- What's the hardest Square Enix game on Other you've ever played and why?

^.^ There you go! Thank you so much for answering in advance! ^.^

ps1 = Final Fantasy 9 due to that status ailemtn taht stop your from getting exp..x.x....

ps2 = 12 cuz it takes forever to evel up and iwas under leveled for most of the game.,..

360 is 13 cuz of the high hp enemies have and paradigms....it took me a while to get used to it but it was suepr fun

member_10074094
25th Jul 2012, 14:26
1) For me, the first Valkyrie Profile. I suspect that Parasite Eve was much harder, however

2) probably FF12

3) I've only played 13. And I did not think it was hard.

4) Valkyrie Profile again...

5) to be honest, I haven't played an SE game that was annoyingly hard, they don't frustrate me on the level of some bioware games and other developers as well. So I have a hard time picking. My biggest challenge is just finding not getting side tracked on another game, because I leave a lot of Square games unfinished with my aweful attention span.

member_10829610
25th Jul 2012, 14:39
I can't think of any Square Enix game that was frustratingly difficult unfortunately.

FF12 did have it's challenges on the PS2 though, but that was only because of some of the high-level Marks.

member_10740464
25th Jul 2012, 14:54
For me personally, these are my answers: ^_^

1- "Final Fantasy VIII" because you can't get Gil from battles and there is no room for any mistake. ^.^

2- "Unlimited SaGa" because of the very hard gameplay, especially the Slot Machine battle system. ^.^

3- "Star Ocean: The Last Hope International" because of the game's trophies that required a massive time to get the platinum. ^.^

4- "Valkyrie Profile Lenneth" because of the hard difficulty setting which makes everything tough. ^.^

5- "The Last Remnant" on X-BOX360 and PC, because of the complex leveling up and groups system. ^.^

member_10745919
25th Jul 2012, 15:28
1. the hardest game on PSOne has to be FF Tactics, because the situations that they put you in.

2. hardest PS2 has to be Valkyrie Profile, because Profile games usually are hard to begin with.

3. PS3 has to be Star Ocean.

4. I want to say FF Tatctics, but it has to be Lord of Arcana. The battles are beatable, but it was diffcult the first go around.

5. on Other consoles I'll go with Final Fantasy on NES. It was super diffcult, becasue it was unlike anything out at the time, and old school RPGs were pretty diffcult.

member_10833376
25th Jul 2012, 15:37
I think for ps1, for me I think is FFVII especially the queen of cards quest, the random rule is uber annoying.

For ps3/xbox would be FF XIII because it is hard to farm gils in there.

Persiangato
25th Jul 2012, 17:57
5 (other) -- Star Ocean: The Last Hope

It has trophies for its 9 different endings, 900 battle trophies (100 per character), fully crafting all items, completing all quests and looting all chests. It takes upwards of 280hours to complete, even if you know what items are missible during your playthrough. Who here has fully completed this thing? Anyone?

member_10074094
25th Jul 2012, 18:01
I think for ps1, for me I think is FFVII especially the queen of cards quest, the random rule is uber annoying.

For ps3/xbox would be FF XIII because it is hard to farm gils in there.

For FF8, there is a great guide on controlling the rules, so you can ban the ones you don't want; however, the guide must be used for the entire game if you want to make full use of it.

you should be able to find the guide on Gamefaqs

JLou
25th Jul 2012, 18:48

It has trophies for its 9 different endings, 900 battle trophies (100 per character), fully crafting all items, completing all quests and looting all chests. It takes upwards of 280hours to complete, even if you know what items are missible during your playthrough. Who here has fully completed this thing? Anyone?

I agree, Star Ocean : The Last Hope international has to be one of the hardest games to platinum on PS3.

1.) PSOne : Final Fantasy Tactics - The game has some major difficulty jumps that you dont expect and if you dont create a solid party you can get stuck easily.

2.) PS2 : Final Fantasy 12 - Difficult but still fun, it is the most recent open world Final Fantasy not including the MMORPG's.

3.) PS3 : Star Ocean : The Last Hope International

4.) PSP : Star Ocean : Second Evolution - I dont want to give away the story **Minor Spoilers**

When you reach a certain point in the "future" were you have to fight four different "bosses"... wow did I get frustrated haha.

5.) SNES : Secret of Mana - I used to play this game alot as a kid but I can still remember how lost and frustrated I would become. Very satisfiying to complete however!

member_10328220
25th Jul 2012, 19:14
1) Vagrant Story: Its hard to have all the right weapons/magic for the right situation.

2) I agree with Unlimited SaGa....

3) N/A (i only have a 360 and the hardest one there so far is XIII..... [not the 2nd one....])

4) not many hard ones here, but i'd say Kingdom Hearts: BBS only because beating all the arena stages by yourself is hard to do.

5) Final Fantasy II !!!!! You gotta take hours to train your stats in battle JUST to go to the next area..... No thanks.

member_10822883
25th Jul 2012, 21:44
Final Fantasy II !!!!! You gotta take hours to train your stats in battle JUST to go to the next area..... No thanks.

Always a little surprised by this actually; I always felt II was pretty straightforward, difficulty-wise, and never needed to grind in the Famicom version even. I think the playstyle can be daunting, but once you get the hang of things and get past the Hill Gigases, the game's not too bad.

Vagrant Story though I can agree on. I've always found that game very challenging.

TheBoogeyBear
25th Jul 2012, 23:55
In all honesty there were plenty of games that were extremely difficult for me because I am an extremely difficult person. I like to make sure I get everything in a game and I always play games on their hardest difficulties available first and all the characters must be at their max levels (unless they don't have one or don't have a difficulty and except for Kingdom Hearts cause I wanted to do everything in the journals (except KH:BBS because the journal was too hard XD so I opted to play it on proud.))

1) FFVI- after I learned you could have the espers teach you their magic I stayed in one area and had all my characters learn everything from each esper I had lol It got tedious after awhile.

2) FFXII- till this day I have not finished the game because I want to kill all the marks :3 AND get all the espers. I'm really close to the ending though I think. Just finished Cid off for the last time.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time- This game wasn't particulary hard. I was at the end of the game when my older sister took my memory card and deleted everything off of it. -__- So I never got to complete and Luther was pretty darn hard to begin with :/

KH and KH2- Completed both of these however I never got 100% on KH cause I keep missing that Red Trinity in Halloween Town in Boogie's Manor and in KH2 I got 100% however, Sephiroth was an ass and killed me multiple times, until I finally kicked his ass D:<

3) Star Ocean: The Last Hope- Only thing hard about this game is Reimi, she's a terrible character but she kicks ass lol

4) FF Dissidia- Trying to get every character at 100 is hard especially when you don't like some of them a.k.a. Kefka. He moves too weird for me lol

5) I haven't encountered any that made it too terribly bad for me.

TheBoogeyBear
25th Jul 2012, 23:58

I haven't, but my goal is to do it before the Fall semester starts for me xP

YukiTsubaki
26th Jul 2012, 00:56
Hm....reading what others have written before me, I'm a little surprised to hear that FF VIII and IX rank up there as PSX games. That said, whipping up on Omega Weapon only to get that stupid "award" on your menu screen and the random rule on Triple Triad was a real pain. Didn't find FF IX to be difficult at all once you get into the habit of grinding so I suppose I don't find any of the PSX games to be too hard.

PS2 was another issue. Will give due respect to Dragon Quest VIII and to FF XII. DQ VIII only for the reason of the nasty difficulty jump mid-game. (Going along all smooth and thinking your doing something...then meet and watch Dhoulmagus hand you your behind...repeatedly.) Once I figured out the skill set that you were supposed to have, he wasn't any problem. FF XII only for the mad amount of grinding required to do, well, anything. XD

FF XIII for the 360. It's taken me forever to get used to the Paradigm system. I.. am ashamed. Well, not too much. Didn't have time to get used to it before my 360 died of the RRoD.

Other annoying 360 game: Infinite Undiscovery. The way that your adversaries got in way too many cheap smacks as you were trying to get used to the controls had me trading this game 2 days after I bought it. It's the ONLY game I've ever traded in.

YoshiKatYoko
26th Jul 2012, 08:00
PS2 was Final Fantasy X-2. I hardly get to finish all missions without the use of Cat Nip accessory (which is considered a cheat for me). I had enough grinding, but I got bored and just left them all.

member_10159804
26th Jul 2012, 08:27
Here are mine:

1. I'm going to have to say FF Origins on this one; they did stick mostly to the original games (although I did enjoy getting the HP boosts early on in FF2

2. Star Ocean: Til the End of Time wins this one in my book mainly because you couldn't earn the battle trophies on the easiest difficulty AND you couldn't back up the BT file, which means that if the memory card goes kaput (like mine did), you got to get them all over again!

3. Yep, Star Ocean: The Last Hope International was the most difficult due to the BT grinding trophies.

4. With what I played, I'm going for Crystal Defenders much because I'm not really good at tower defense games.

5. What about the Vita? I'd most certainly say trying to get the platinum rank in most levels of Army Corps of Hell is pretty difficult; you got to beat the level extremely fast without losing ANY goblins AND you have to do a lot of overkill on enemies! (several trophies require platinum rankings in certain levels)

souporman
26th Jul 2012, 21:50
Overall, I'd have to say FFXII.

member_10740464
27th Jul 2012, 14:21

I've got the platinum trophy for "Star Ocean: The Lost Hope" my friend, Persiangato ^_^

Wow... it was a huge experiance full of non stop farming and battling ^.^

member_10492648
27th Jul 2012, 14:47
The hardest SE game for me so far is Theatrhythm, which surprises me. It was fun at first getting through Normal mode, but the Expert and Ultimate modes are frustrating. I had to take a break from it because it was cramping my fingers to hold the stylus and 3DS awkwardly (I normally use my fingers on the touch screen when I play games on the 3DS). If there is ever a challenge too difficult for me when playing any game, it's usually easy to find strategies online to get through it, but that really isn't an option for Theatrhythm. You have to push push push until your fingers hurt LOL.

DerekMaverick
27th Jul 2012, 15:39
1. FFVIII. Me and that game have problems.

2. FFX. Not because it was hard but because the only other square games I have for my PS2 are KH and those are pretty easy.

3. FFXIII. I got this when I was a few years younger and didn't have the knowledge I do now so Orphan made me grrrrr for a year.

4. No PSP.

5. FFV. It was kinda hard when it got to the very end and Phoenix tower and Bahamutt really erked me in that game.

member_10000903
28th Jul 2012, 08:35
In traditional RPGs, there is really no sense of difficulty because you can simply just level out of range of the monsters - things are more time-consuming than anything, but if I had to pick, here are mine:

1) Xenogears, simply because once you hop into that mech now you have to worry about Fuel being depleted.

2) Unlimited Saga. I loved Saga Frontier 1 and 2, but this game was unforgiveably difficult and I think hurt the future of the series because of it.

3) Star Ocean: The Last Hope, because that last boss was ridiculous!

4) Thexder Neo. I remember the original, and it is down-right frustrating when the screen starts to fill with enemies.

5) Final Fantasy II. Man, that game could get pretty difficult at times, especially if you ran out of items away from town. The boss battles were especially strainful! I thought I'd have an aneurysm.

Sonicfayt
28th Jul 2012, 09:11
PSone: Final Fantasy VIII, my 3rd disk got scratched and I couldn't continue T_T

PS2: Drakengard, the bosses.. there wasn't one that I got completely destroyed by until I knew how to deal with them.

PS3: Nier, was an especially fun game, but the shades could just destroy you at anytime especially in the DLC.

PSP: The Third Birthday, the bosses and monsters had so much hp vs my weaponry D:

Other 360: Infinite Undiscovery took me forever to get the hang of the controls and command other characters.