PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Cutscenes!

cwalsh1
4th Jun 2007, 00:17
Hey all of you people who played TRA, how r the interactive cutscenes where you have to push the buttons in.

tr1xp
4th Jun 2007, 00:24
The same as Legend, only I think they did them much better. I think they weaved them into it much better this time. In TRL I hated them. In TRA they seem to fit right in without feeling like they robbed me of gameplay.

In TRL they simply replaced what I think should have been a hands on part of the game with a cheap interactive cutscene, depriving us of gameplay. In TRA they did a mix during bossfights where you do most of the fighting then a certain part was done with interactive cutscenes. Some of the redone Tomb Raider 1 custscenes now have part of them done interactively too, which is fine.

That said, I still don't like interactive cutscenes. When a cutscene starts, I let go of the controls, and lean back with my Dr. Pepper in hand to watch the show. Then an arrow pops up and and Lara dies. Cutscenes are for taking a break, not half playing and half not.

cwalsh1
4th Jun 2007, 00:33
ok cool thanks

rsdigi
4th Jun 2007, 03:21
here's a tip, don't push anything the first time you watch an interactive cutscene...you get some cool scenes such as the enemies mocking you etc.

btw, on the ps2 do you have to push any of the x,0 etc buttons? for pc it was just up, down, etc. and they gave you like 4 sec. to do it

4th Jun 2007, 19:57
Yeah you do. Don't know why they made it so simple on pc.

exiistoo
4th Jun 2007, 20:03
I love them for PS2,

and the deaths are so .... i dont know how to tell you.
YOU HAVE TO PLAY IT
lol

GB619
4th Jun 2007, 20:33
I think the cut scenes make it more intense,just when you think you have killed a boss,you have to hit some buttons to save lara....and as for sittin back with a pepper....thats what the pause game is for....lol :rasp:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3022/l2ak6.jpg