PDA

View Full Version : so....... Legacy Of Kain HD Anthology? : /

Chulo86
7th Nov 2013, 10:20
now that "nosgoth" is officially announce I was really hoping to hear an announcement for an hd collection :)

I do own a perfectly working backwards compatible 60 gb ps3,
and I can always replay all 5 games on them but for some reason I lack the motivation :(

maybe because I sold my dreamcast with all it's games (including soul reaver : /)
and because the playstation version of soul reaver is just...... sigh.

it doesn't necessarily have to be done by psyonix,
http://oi47.tinypic.com/2itmz4m.jpg

but to have 4 glorious games in 1 blu-ray disk, ( xb1/ ps4 )
60fps 1080p achievements/trophy support and completely bug free! (+ soul reaver DC version)

I would gladly ship you all my lok games to make that humanly possible :D

Psyonix_Eric
7th Nov 2013, 10:29
it doesn't necessarily have to be done by psyonix
At first I was all "awwwww"...

but to have 4 glorious games in 1 blu-ray disk, ( xb1/ ps4 )
60fps 1080p achievements/trophy support and completely bug free! (+ soul reaver DC version)
... Now I no longer feel bad. :p

lordbane2110
7th Nov 2013, 10:30
I personally hope this happens too, but it's unlikely

what would be nice if it were to happen though is for some of the content that wasn't finished in the original to be reimplemented like the different reaver power ups in SR1

the Missing forges in SR2

and so on

Carnage2K4
7th Nov 2013, 10:34
It's missing the most important LoK game...

Chulo86
7th Nov 2013, 10:44
... Now I no longer feel bad. :p

:P LOL!!!!!

the Missing forges in SR2

and so on

you don't like the reaver founts in SR2?

lordbane2110
7th Nov 2013, 11:02
I do but, there's only Darkness, Light, Air and Fire in SR2, originally there was supposed to be the ones that were missed from SR1

like Water, Earth, Sound, Stone and Force

Chulo86
7th Nov 2013, 11:07
I do but, there's only Darkness, Light, Air and Fire in SR2, originally there was supposed to be the ones that were missed from SR1

like Water, Earth, Sound, Stone and Force

oh thats right,
now that I checked Bens page. (the lost worlds dot net)

http://www.thelostworlds.net/SR2/Images/Soul_Reaver_2_Dreamcast-DC-Dark-02.JPG

I thought you were referring to these? :P

lordbane2110
7th Nov 2013, 11:18
Nah, although i do feel the fonts were a pain to find most of the time

I much prefer the method that was implemented in defiance, in which you could once you possessed them swap between enchantments at will.

I would have like to have seen the Sound Forge though, that could have ended up being a heavy metal gothic section, much like brutal legend section of the game, where Raziel has to get the forge to resonate a mighty rift to aquire it.

Lord_Aevum
7th Nov 2013, 15:40

Agreed, the idea is meaningless to me unless the original Blood Omen is on the table in some form.

Chulo86
7th Nov 2013, 19:14
Agreed, the idea is meaningless to me unless the original Blood Omen is on the table in some form.

Man! wouldn't it be awesome for Square Enix to approve the blood omnicide project as a separate download? O.o

I've been waiting for this to be finished ever since 2009 when Ben Lincoln promoted it on his page :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6lYjHmy14c

sadly though, I get the feeling it will never be finished because even till today they still havent progressed any ferther from the begining of the game. :(

that and they might be forced to cancel the project by it's official owners if they do happen to finish it...... :/

LOFO1993
7th Nov 2013, 20:59
sadly though, I get the feeling it will never be finished because even till today they still havent progressed any ferther from the begining of the game. :(

that and they might be forced to cancel the project by it's official owners if they do happen to finish it...... :/

Luckily, I have to disagree.

I am part of the Blood Omnicide project, and I can assure you the work is going on. Things are happening a bit slowly, but the 0.1 version of the game is really, really close to be finished. The reason for such a long waiting is that the demo that was released a couple of years ago is anywhere near the quality of the game now. I've been playing the repository copy of it, and I swear it is very alive and very good looking.

And, well, I don't know if SE will ever back it up (it would only be a benefit for them, since the game and the whole franchise are technically dead in terms of sales right now, and with Nosgoth coming up...), but they don't have the right to shut us down anyway. The game is a mod, it required a Blood Omen cd to be played, that's where it takes all the original assets from. Everything you will be actually downloading with the installer is completely fan-made, so no copyright on it.

The_Hylden
7th Nov 2013, 22:39
Please use the thumb code (http://forums.eidosgames.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#thumb) for larger pics.

I can't wait for the final Blood Omicide to be finished :) You guys have done a fantastic job. (I did prefer the darker Kain pic the same artist did before this latest one in the menu, though, but that is still a marvelous upgrade).

ZeroFernir
11th Nov 2013, 02:08

BO1 HD or something is already being made, by the name of Blood Omnicide.

Please use the thumb code (http://forums.eidosgames.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#thumb) for larger pics.

I can't wait for the final Blood Omicide to be finished :) You guys have done a fantastic job. (I did prefer the darker Kain pic the same artist did before this latest one in the menu, though, but that is still a marvelous upgrade).

You will have to wait a lot, Hylden. The work around here is goind slooooooowly, since there is little people working in the project, and it is meant to be free, so we can't take full time in it, cause we have to get money to eat =P also, besides the money we gave ourselves to the project until now, we've got around 200 dollars from donations, witch is kinda little for the things we want. But, even though all of that is true, we are still compromised with the project and working it out so it may come out rather soon (but I aware you, I think it will keep being a dream for us for a loooong time seeing it ready to play). But I assure you it is looking pretty great!

Chulo86
11th Nov 2013, 03:00
You will have to wait a lot, Hylden. The work around here is goind slooooooowly, since there is little people working in the project, and it is meant to be free, so we can't take full time in it, cause we have to get money to eat =P also, besides the money we gave ourselves to the project until now, we've got around 200 dollars from donations, witch is kinda little for the things we want. But, even though all of that is true, we are still compromised with the project and working it out so it may come out rather soon (but I aware you, I think it will keep being a dream for us for a loooong time seeing it ready to play). But I assure you it is looking pretty great!

OFF TOPIC:
what I never understood about game development was,
why exactly does it cost money? is it to program and add new content towards the games? or is it to pay the individuals who work for the company? and or the electric bill for the actual building/company : /

ON TOPIC:

Nah, although i do feel the fonts were a pain to find most of the time

I much prefer the method that was implemented in defiance, in which you could once you possessed them swap between enchantments at will.

I would have like to have seen the Sound Forge though, that could have ended up being a heavy metal gothic section, much like brutal legend section of the game, where Raziel has to get the forge to resonate a mighty rift to aquire it.

to be honest with you man,
I think I would much rather have the games in there released form, then in their original content form.
from the response that Psyonix_Eric gave, I can already tell that with my original request sounds already too much of a hassle to even bother with, let alone having the team search the archives for all the deletead content.

in my opinion: I would just be happy to re-play the 4 games in one disc (or digital ) 60fps 1080p :)

Edit: no bugs please, that includes Blood omen 2 :P

ZeroFernir
11th Nov 2013, 06:32
OFF TOPIC:
what I never understood about game development was,
why exactly does it cost money? is it to program and add new content towards the games? or is it to pay the individuals who work for the company? and or the electric bill for the actual building/company : /

To program and add the content. The arts, specially, will cost us a big amount. In Blood Omnicide site you can see a list of what we have got and what is still needed, and how much it costs. The work we are doing for free until now, and there wasn't a single commentary that I can remember about getting money for us. Plus, we put a lot of money from our own in the project.

The_Hylden
11th Nov 2013, 23:12

Ah, yest I know how much time it takes, for sure. Just doing retexturing for Defiance on my end took the better part of a year, and I've only managed most of the characters and a little bit of the first stage, but then the learning process of it was also at play. I wound up redoing the characters a couple of times, since I had better software to do it finally later (and some of them still need another redoing). I'm on to doing ... an even better upgrade to things than just textures, but that is also a learning process and tons of time. I can imagine programming the entire game, and the audio restoration you've been doing (excellent stuff) takes just so damn much time. Yes, if being without funds was not the problem, or other commitments, oh the possibilities! I totally feel your pain :( Signed: a fellow broke fan artist, lol

ZeroFernir
11th Nov 2013, 23:56
Ah, yest I know how much time it takes, for sure. Just doing retexturing for Defiance on my end took the better part of a year, and I've only managed most of the characters and a little bit of the first stage, but then the learning process of it was also at play. I wound up redoing the characters a couple of times, since I had better software to do it finally later (and some of them still need another redoing). I'm on to doing ... an even better upgrade to things than just textures, but that is also a learning process and tons of time. I can imagine programming the entire game, and the audio restoration you've been doing (excellent stuff) takes just so damn much time. Yes, if being without funds was not the problem, or other commitments, oh the possibilities! I totally feel your pain :( Signed: a fellow broke fan artist, lol

Thank you for the compliments! In fact, we are trying to do the best with the things we have disponible right now, and the team is just exellent to work with. But there is little time to do all the stuff, and then there is the lack of money issue. But we are having good time working on it, for sure! About the progress: the AI and the sistem things is our priority, so it's almost done... But the re-doing of the visuals (stages, enemies and stuff) is taking the shape we want now. It is slowly taking more of our time, now that the sistems are almost done. The AI is really better then the old one, as you can see in the demo version on our site! =P

lordbane2110
14th Nov 2013, 10:54
maybe you should have a donatations button on the blood omnicide website, i'm sure there's a lot of us that would donate to help speed up the completion

I know I would

LOFO1993
14th Nov 2013, 21:30
maybe you should have a donatations button on the blood omnicide website, i'm sure there's a lot of us that would donate to help speed up the completion

I know I would

We do have one.

http://omnicide.legacy-of-kain.ru/en/game/supportus.html

(hope putting this link here doesn't upsets the mods for whatever reason)

Chulo86
14th Nov 2013, 23:00
We do have one.

http://omnicide.legacy-of-kain.ru/en/game/supportus.html

(hope putting this link here doesn't upsets the mods for whatever reason)

Off topic:
man just looking at that makes me feel like it's some form of vending machine O.o
it's like please insert $200 for beautiful graphics :P

On Topic:
question for the devs, hypothetically speaking...... if this project is in the process of being made - wich it's not ;)
would something like this be in the same development cycle as a fool blown retail title?

or is it because they are lower in poly count,
does that make the hd collection easier/faster in being made? :)

your answer/s will neather be confirmation or putting you on the spot.
it's just a guesstimate. :P

LOFO1993
15th Nov 2013, 06:53
On Topic:
question for the devs, hypothetically speaking...... if this project is in the process of being made - wich it's not ;)
would something like this be in the same development cycle as a fool blown retail title?

or is it because they are lower in poly count,
does that make the hd collection easier/faster in being made? :)

your answer/s will neather be confirmation or putting you on the spot.
it's just a guesstimate. :P

I thinks it really depends on how the old games where programmed and if the original assets are still available to the team that would make the port. The games are already done, that is just a port work, but it's usually harder than a normal port because of the change in technologies over the time.

I guess making an HD Defiance would be way easier and faster than making an HD Blood Omen, because with 3D engines you can just enhance a bit models and textures and optimize the code and it's pretty much done, while for Blood Omen they would have to upscale or do all over again every single sprite/tile, which is actually what's happening with Blood Omnicide.

Infernius
15th Nov 2013, 10:03
Hey guys , i made a facebook page called Legacy of Kain HD collection.It is a petition for an HD collection of every LOK game.
Here is the link : https://www.facebook.com/LegacyOfKainHdCollection

If you like the page i'll keep you informed about Nosgoth and everything new you might want to know.

I hope you sign this petition too: http://www.change.org/petitions/legacy-of-kain-the-hd-collection-make-a-new-lok-hd-collection-inclunding-every-lok-game.
Please share and like my page if you want a Legacy of kain HD collection

P.S I'm sorry if there's anything wrong with my english(It's not my native language).

Vanyelxp5
15th Nov 2013, 14:09
Even if they just re-released Blood Omen in a way that would run on modern systems it would be amazing. That's the only game NOT on Steam right now, and the only one I don't have a physical copy of. (There are however, currently 2 I cannot play. Blood Omen, and Defiance... Defiance due to selling my original Xbox, because I was under the mistaken impression that the 360 would be backwards compatible with all xbox games once it had a hard drive in it. :( )

LOFO1993
15th Nov 2013, 14:17
Even if they just re-released Blood Omen in a way that would run on modern systems it would be amazing. That's the only game NOT on Steam right now, and the only one I don't have a physical copy of.

The game is indeed unavailable from any digital platform, but it works itself on PC, if you use a fan patch called "Patch 2.0" or something like that. Not one of those patches that "work", this one works for real, they re-wrote part of the executable code for modern systems.

Of course you can also see Blood Omnicide as a way to play the game on modern PCs once you have the original CD (even the PS1 copies work). The developers were contemplating the possibility to use the new engine to import the original map tiles, so that even if the 3D world is not complete you can play the whole game using the original backgrounds. It's not something actually possible or, for what I know, in active development, but I get it's more than possible to do.

(There are however, currently 2 I cannot play. Blood Omen, and Defiance... Defiance due to selling my original Xbox, because I was under the mistaken impression that the 360 would be backwards compatible with all xbox games once it had a hard drive in it. :( )

Not the first time I hear this music play...

Vanyelxp5
15th Nov 2013, 15:17
The game is indeed unavailable from any digital platform, but it works itself on PC, if you use a fan patch called "Patch 2.0" or something like that. Not one of those patches that "work", this one works for real, they re-wrote part of the executable code for modern systems.

Of course you can also see Blood Omnicide as a way to play the game on modern PCs once you have the original CD (even the PS1 copies work). The developers were contemplating the possibility to use the new engine to import the original map tiles, so that even if the 3D world is not complete you can play the whole game using the original backgrounds. It's not something actually possible or, for what I know, in active development, but I get it's more than possible to do.

Not the first time I hear this music play...

The trouble with needing a physical copy is that... I don't have one... and people want an absurd amount of money for one.

I did just buy the 4 pack on Steam. It's been too long since I played Defiance... and not needing to switch systems for the others is a big bonus (SR and SR2 on PS2, BO2 on Gamecube.)

Vallass
17th Nov 2013, 00:11
To program and add the content. The arts, specially, will cost us a big amount. In Blood Omnicide site you can see a list of what we have got and what is still needed, and how much it costs. The work we are doing for free until now, and there wasn't a single commentary that I can remember about getting money for us. Plus, we put a lot of money from our own in the project.

I dunno if you have, didn't see it anywhere but still, but why don't you try kickstarter? I mean, Kickstarter's one of those things TONS of people know about, I didn't know until today someone was even working a redone version. I know you've already been working on it a long time, but I'd be willing to bet my paycheck for the next year that you'd get a lot of help from the LoK community alone. Granted you couldn't make any promises for like "If you give 100 dollars, you'll get a free copy", since it's free anyhow, but just to play the game with updated EVERYTHING would be awesome. Even 5 bucks from 300 people would go a long way I'd think. I never got to play BO1, but I watched my uncle play the whole thing as a kid and I'd play it even as it stands now. To play an updated version would be AMAZING.

LOFO1993
17th Nov 2013, 02:09
I dunno if you have, didn't see it anywhere but still, but why don't you try kickstarter? I mean, Kickstarter's one of those things TONS of people know about, I didn't know until today someone was even working a redone version. I know you've already been working on it a long time, but I'd be willing to bet my paycheck for the next year that you'd get a lot of help from the LoK community alone. Granted you couldn't make any promises for like "If you give 100 dollars, you'll get a free copy", since it's free anyhow, but just to play the game with updated EVERYTHING would be awesome. Even 5 bucks from 300 people would go a long way I'd think. I never got to play BO1, but I watched my uncle play the whole thing as a kid and I'd play it even as it stands now. To play an updated version would be AMAZING.

THEN Square Enix would have all the rights to shut us down probably. The donations we are getting right now are probably really borderline, a Kickstarter campaign without Square Enix's written permission would end up way sooner than you think.

To be honest, some form of crowfunding like launching a Kickstarter campaing or from trying to go through Steam Greenlight is still an option, but FIRST we need to make an agreement with Square Enix, and before that we want to release the 0.1 version at least. Then, the heads of the project will decide if it's something worth trying.

Mnkymn89
17th Nov 2013, 18:27
i would absolutely buy this

Vallass
17th Nov 2013, 19:42
THEN Square Enix would have all the rights to shut us down probably. The donations we are getting right now are probably really borderline, a Kickstarter campaign without Square Enix's written permission would end up way sooner than you think.

To be honest, some form of crowfunding like launching a Kickstarter campaing or from trying to go through Steam Greenlight is still an option, but FIRST we need to make an agreement with Square Enix, and before that we want to release the 0.1 version at least. Then, the heads of the project will decide if it's something worth trying.

Ahh, I didn't know that. Well then, I'll just be making donations to your site itself. :D

Chulo86
17th Nov 2013, 23:39
does anybody have professional photoshoping skills to do a ps4 & xb one cover for the HD collection?

preferably with the american rated M esrb rating.

I also would like if you give it the European art of blood omen 2,

the american cover looks a little generic in my opinion :)

thanks in advance, I'm just curious how it would look like if it ever was a reality, :D

EDIT: better yet, instead of collection have it say HD Anthology :P

lordbane2110
21st Nov 2013, 10:20
As much as i'd like to see this, I don't reckon it's likely to happen

considering most of the games are intellectual property of Crystal Dynamics and Eidos and there unlikely to re-release them

ZeroFernir
21st Nov 2013, 20:56

considering most of the games are intellectual property of Crystal Dynamics and Eidos and there unlikely to re-release them

May they give permission to SE, ow even to us in Project Blood Omnicide to sell it as a new HD game, instead of a mod (it would really speed up the process, and may we do the others in HD after, or show them it could be a good way to make money)... it would be great. BUT they won't. I doubt it a lot.

Chulo86
16th Jan 2014, 03:37
sigh......

seriously though, somebody needs to make one.
I would even pay extra if it was made exactly the way I asked for.

especially if there was a collectors version like how konami did with metal gear solid and zone of the enders.

EDIT:

maybe Square Enix should put crystal dynamics into doing so?
it'll be a great way for the new CD to familiarize themselves with L.O.K

that and give them a break from lara croft for once.

ParadoxicalOmen
18th Jan 2014, 20:54
Came here to say that :p

I'm eagerly awaiting Blood Omnicide by the way :)
I just hope they didn't take out the "Vae Victus" battle cry completely though...

LOFO1993
18th Jan 2014, 21:53
I just hope they didn't take out the "Vae Victus" battle cry completely though...

Don't worry, it's still there. It will just appear a little less often.