PDA

View Full Version : Need help collecting a Relic on Palace Midas

PSP595
3rd Jun 2007, 20:02
The one Relic I am looking for is the one in the room with all of the columns that you need to move around to get the Lead Bar. I know where it is but how do you get over there?

thomaswest8t
3rd Jun 2007, 20:04
That is the hardest one in the game to get, im struggling to get it myself.

Scott =]!
3rd Jun 2007, 20:23
Pull the lever

Jump to the first colum

Turn to your left and jump to grab the edge of that colum infront of you

Shimmy round to the other side of the colum

Jump back to the slope

Jump from the slope to the platform

Run to the edge infront of you

Jump to the cervice

Shimmy right

Pull up

Go behind the bricks and pic up the relic

:D :) :p :D :) :p

Special_K
3rd Jun 2007, 22:16
!;653360']
Pull the lever

Jump to the first colum

Turn to your left and jump to grab the edge of that colum infront of you

Shimmy round to the other side of the colum

Jump back to the slope

Jump from the slope to the platform

Run to the edge infront of you

Jump to the cervice

Shimmy right

Pull up

Go behind the bricks and pic up the relic

:D :) :p :D :) :p

that nuh work for K =[

Lara refuses to grab the ledge =[

Yourgrandad
3rd Jun 2007, 22:18
Think the best way to get over there is basically just to go from ledge to ledge.

gopher666
3rd Jun 2007, 22:49
that nuh work for K =[

Change the angle you go at it from. Honestly its the only way to get it, theres no way of getting it normally cos the sloped one at the end goes down on its own too quickly

demolition09
3rd Jun 2007, 22:58
Yeah, I tried going all the way round for the slope a few times too, but no matter what I did it was always too low by the time I got there. That first platform that moves in is the only way I see too. If you climb on the platform quick and jump from as far away from the wall as possible, still angled at the grab-able ledge, you should make it with a one-hander where you must use the interact button to get Lara stable again.

Sorin
3rd Jun 2007, 23:15
You know that box you moved away from the switch? And you know that sloped column right before the relic? It's got a notch at the bottom. A notch that, quite conveniently, is big enough to shove a box under.

Do this. It prevents the column from sinking back into the floor and you can go get the relic at your leisure.

Sorin
3rd Jun 2007, 23:27
Made a screenshot to show:

http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/midasrelic.jpg

Nefarian
3rd Jun 2007, 23:45
I bet this is the Owl relic issit?

For me this is not the hardest one, another one in the fire columns room (Griffin Head if not mistaken), I almost pull my hair off when trying to get it. The level which hide the relic has time limit and will close back in a short while. You will need to get Lara there fast enough (which is hard!) and aviod being toasted... Imagine you "finally" jump onto the column which has the relic, and your lovely Lara jsut being toasted by those fire... ... (hitting keyboard)

But yeah, feel very happy after getting it ;)

demolition09
4th Jun 2007, 00:09
You know that box you moved away from the switch? And you know that sloped column right before the relic? It's got a notch at the bottom. A notch that, quite conveniently, is big enough to shove a box under.

Do this. It prevents the column from sinking back into the floor and you can go get the relic at your leisure.I forgot about the box altogether. Great alternative!

For me this is not the hardest one, another one in the fire columns room (Griffin Head if not mistaken), I almost pull my hair off when trying to get it. The level which hide the relic has time limit and will close back in a short while. You will need to get Lara there fast enough (which is hard!) and aviod being toasted... Imagine you "finally" jump onto the column which has the relic, and your lovely Lara jsut being toasted by those fire... ... (hitting keyboard)

But yeah, feel very happy after getting it ;)I got it, then straight after the fire came round and finished my health off... fortunately once you have a relic or artifact that's it, else I would have had to do it all again :nut:

george_tbt
4th Jun 2007, 01:59
Made a screenshot to show:

http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/midasrelic.jpg

dude that's one nasty screenshot! are you still running windows 98 or one of the first ati radeon cards invented :scratch: no offence but i see alot of ledges maybe u could do what she does in every level use the ledges ...

Nefarian
4th Jun 2007, 04:37
I forgot about the box altogether. Great alternative!

I got it, then straight after the fire came round and finished my health off... fortunately once you have a relic or artifact that's it, else I would have had to do it all again :nut:

Oh you're the skilled player... I re-do it for that relic untill I almost give up!

Big big kudos to Crystal Dynamic on this relic/artifact setting. After we get it we no need to worry that we got to re-do all the super hard jumping to get it back if we die before the next check point.:thumbsup: (And big big **** **** to Crystal Dynamic for not doing Legacy Of Kain series anymore :mad2: )

sophie22
4th Jun 2007, 06:44
in all honesty i have given up for now on getting relics, i was at my wits end after midas, so im going to get as many artifacts as possible and then i figured once i complete it i can replay the levels i want and spend time just going for relics, i hope you can do it like that...

Nefarian
4th Jun 2007, 08:01
Haha don't worry the reason why I can find those relic/ artifact in first play is because I always roaming aroudn teh level, watching the nice environment instead of rushing that. So I always "accidentally" discover thsoe artifacts and relics!

Sorin
4th Jun 2007, 09:11
I found the relics in TRA noticably easier than in Legend. The only relic I MAY not have found, would probably be the one in Natla's Mines. The rest were unfortunately easy. Compare that to Legend, where I never would have found Bolivia, Peru, Kazakhstan, and possibly England and Nepal without a walkthrough. Bolivia was particularly evil. In TRA, I had no such trouble. Except for maybe the relic mentioned here in Midas' Palace, which I eventually figured out with the box in the notched column.

demolition09
4th Jun 2007, 10:12
Oh you're the skilled player... I re-do it for that relic untill I almost give up!Well they are the ones who make it like that... I would have happily tried it again to get the relic without dying straight after, but once you have it you can't get it again (unless you restart the level or make a new profile or something like that) :nut:

@Sorin: Yes I have found they're pretty easy to spot in TRA, but for many of them you have to give quite a lot of thought to how you're actually going to get them, especially when they are on a time limit. A few artifacts follow this too, but mostly the artifacts are a bit easier than relics to spot and obtain.

Miss. Croft
4th Jun 2007, 10:57
I suggest youtube just type the level in the search box with walkthrough coz ive seen a walkthrough and it shows you were all the relics are.

Hope this helps:)

Miss. Croft

Scott =]!
4th Jun 2007, 16:05
that nuh work for K =[

Hmmm.. try running right in at the wall

Scott =]!
4th Jun 2007, 16:07

Do this. It prevents the column from sinking back into the floor and you can go get the relic at your leisure.

oooo smartie :rasp:

i never would have seen that :D

Special_K
4th Jun 2007, 17:44
ooooh nice - that's the way to do it =D

thomaswest8t
4th Jun 2007, 18:50
I knew that damn box would come in useful, thanks for the tip!
...too bad it unlocks ones of the most hideous outfit that has ever touched lara's skin...

rsdigi
4th Jun 2007, 18:51
I found the relics in TRA noticably easier than in Legend. The only relic I MAY not have found, would probably be the one in Natla's Mines. The rest were unfortunately easy. Compare that to Legend, where I never would have found Bolivia, Peru, Kazakhstan, and possibly England and Nepal without a walkthrough. Bolivia was particularly evil. In TRA, I had no such trouble. Except for maybe the relic mentioned here in Midas' Palace, which I eventually figured out with the box in the notched column.
I never noticed the box way. I just jump from the retracting ledge to the crevice then shimmy over. It took a bunch of times and angle changes but she WILL grab it. I don't think the developers meant for it to be done this way, as she just barely makes it. It's obvious they actually meant for you to go around the whole room, as you can see a slope-topped pillar before it.
Also this took me a second to realize we're talking about the spear room (some say spikes but they're spears) relic (the owl) as the rooms sound almost the same when you don't menton spears or fire