PDA

View Full Version : Does Anniversary scare you to death at times?!?!

LegendLost
3rd Jun 2007, 19:09
Throughout the series, numerous games had you scared to keep playing. You'd be playing and then WHAM something would fly out of nowhere, or some scary dude would be coming from a distance and you didn't know what to do. I think the original, Last revelation, and Angel of Darkness were the scariest Tomb Raiders out there. my question is , IS ANNIVERSARY ONE OF THOSE SCARY GAMES?, do you get so scared you pause the game and don't even move for a few minutes like the older ones? or are those days gone for good? I sure hope not, i loved that sense of being scared to death!
:D

3rd Jun 2007, 19:28
Yeah I've jumped out of my skin about twice. Once when the Qualopec mummy burst into life for a second, and afterwards when a raptor burst out of nowhere in a corridor.

LegendLost
3rd Jun 2007, 19:35
I don't have the game yet, but idc about spoilers, but try not to reveal tooo much if you catch my drift!

imported_Kurtis_Trent
3rd Jun 2007, 20:03
To be honest I think the only part that has really freaked me out so far is when the monsters kinda appear out of no where. It's just the way you can hear them coming but you can't actually see them til they're quite close. The T-Rex fight was a little freaky but also incredibly cool at the same time.

- K.Trent

Rascalius
3rd Jun 2007, 20:08
It does have its scary moments, and those gorillas are pretty fast too. You see them in the distance and the next minute they're on top of you, trying to peel you like a banana!! Mmmmmm bananas... D'oh! :nut:

Leak
3rd Jun 2007, 20:36
Well, the scariest thing tomorrow will be looking into our mailbox to see whether the game finally is in there or not... :D

np: Tied & Tickled Trio - Aelita 1 (Aelita)

Scott =]!
3rd Jun 2007, 20:47
yup it scared me quite a few times :D

rsdigi
3rd Jun 2007, 20:53
I don't have the game yet, but idc about spoilers, but try not to reveal tooo much if you catch my drift!
Dude, you live in Jersey and don't have the game? I'm from SJ and beat it yesterday.

lara-supreme
3rd Jun 2007, 20:56
Dude, you live in Jersey and don't have the game? I'm from SJ and beat it yesterday.

Okay I am in PA and I do not have my game yet. I am quite jealous.

From the demo, I have already jumped twice when the bear came charging and when a raptor appeared behind me. I think the game will be quite scary! :D

LegendLost
3rd Jun 2007, 20:58

I couldn't find any stores that have it and unfortunately I don't trust ordering offline after waiting 3 weeks for a movie that should have arrived after 3 days, I wasn't going to chance that with Tomb Raider. LOL, so Wednesday right after school I'm gonna hop in my car and head over to best buy and pick it up!!

rsdigi
3rd Jun 2007, 21:14
I couldn't find any stores that have it and unfortunately I don't trust ordering offline after waiting 3 weeks for a movie that should have arrived after 3 days, I wasn't going to chance that with Tomb Raider. LOL, so Wednesday right after school I'm gonna hop in my car and head over to best buy and pick it up!!
Where in Deptford? Or Mt Laurel? Anyway that's your best bet, it's only $20. Oh and I wouldn't trust ordering offline either since you won't get anything, you actually have to order ONLINE ;)

Laura Croft
3rd Jun 2007, 21:33
I end up getting so sucked into the game I think I'm actually there, and end up squealing when something jumps out at me. Darn these Tomb Raider creatures. Do they ever do things the easy way? :rolleyes:

Yourgrandad
3rd Jun 2007, 22:19
I got pretty scared when I got attacked by a T-rex with no *****, he done a 35-ledge combo on me :(

Bampire
4th Jun 2007, 00:23
HAHA!

When I was a kid I used to jump a lot when playing the game, because the animals would pop out of no where. Like when I bought TR 1 over the summer, I jumped like 5 times! XD

I love it when it grabs your attention like that, and startles you half to death.

LegendLost
4th Jun 2007, 01:08
HAHA!

When I was a kid I used to jump a lot when playing the game, because the animals would pop out of no where. Like when I bought TR 1 over the summer, I jumped like 5 times! XD

I love it when it grabs your attention like that, and startles you half to death.

Thats what I thought made a good Tomb Raider, so although Legend was fun, I don't recall being scared once, just frustrated with the camera control. lol

Bampire
4th Jun 2007, 01:18
Thats what I thought made a good Tomb Raider, so although Legend was fun, I don't recall being scared once, just frustrated with the camera control. lol
I didn't favor Legend.. It was nice playing her in different graphics, but it just didn't feel like you're playing as her.. Along with that, too many human enemies =/

Grieyls
4th Jun 2007, 06:51
The only things I really hated in Legend were those two motocycle rides. They were maddening frustratingly touchy to get through.

micrainia
4th Jun 2007, 12:14
when any of the animals pop out in anniversary with the scary music going on lol:eek: