PDA

View Full Version : I Just Have to Ask This...

Emplehod
6th Nov 2013, 18:55
So, is this like WoW?

:)

Monkeythumbz
6th Nov 2013, 19:24
No, Nosgoth is not an MMO. Please read our FAQ (http://www.nosgoth.com/faq)for more info about what the game is and isn't :)

lordbane2110
7th Nov 2013, 10:27
Although you could imagine a LoK MMO happening at some point, you pick your side, then which clan you want to belong to

actually the more i think about it the more I kinda want a LoK MMO, starting of as a fledgling with no memory of who you were, then a complex story of damnation, sadness and redemption as you level, plus the whole gaining abilities slowly

and it could be set over many different era's, with the landscape changing in regards to the corruption of the world. the only problem is Tony Jay sadly passed away, because who else would be awesome as a narrator for this

Sluagh
8th Nov 2013, 20:11
Hm...the whole MMO thing is tempting...sort of. The only thing is MMOs have kind of a rubbish lore (no offence WOW players). The whole thing is about ambling around, creative freedom, being a hero, gold etc. I always thought LofK was about fate, dramatic overblown (but great) voice acting, ghastly and ironic ends, a gothic landscape and Nietzsche-an values. So I don't know how you could do LofK: The MMO it would seem weird unless:

- It was very restricted to one specific lore period (which is kind of what is being done here sensibly)
- It was very adult. I don't mean kinky, but hey, maybe there's room for that.
- It was not very progressive. There's no apparent progress in Nosgoth, everything is decaying. Everything any anti-hero in it has ever done has been a radical cure that has created new problems. You could get around the whole plot progression issue by making it quite live and introducing some very petty characters to the plot (which is what is being done here at some point...isn't it?)
- It didn't introduce a whole bunch of races/factions who didn't fit into the plot.

Maybe you could do an MMO in the Hylden realm in the future? The end goal is to get transported as a revenant into SR: Defiance era. A suitable and rewarding obliteration.

ZeroFernir
11th Nov 2013, 02:28
Although you could imagine a LoK MMO happening at some point, you pick your side, then which clan you want to belong to

actually the more i think about it the more I kinda want a LoK MMO, starting of as a fledgling with no memory of who you were, then a complex story of damnation, sadness and redemption as you level, plus the whole gaining abilities slowly

and it could be set over many different era's, with the landscape changing in regards to the corruption of the world. the only problem is Tony Jay sadly passed away, because who else would be awesome as a narrator for this

LoK has such a deep story, and you want to take it to MMO? Nosgoth is enough, don't you think? I hope the next games of the franchise would come back to the single player story-based campaign.

Bazielim
16th Nov 2013, 16:49
I'm amused we're still on this particular point after about five or six months of "not MMO, not RTS, not MOBA" being confirmed, it's still being used as if that's what's happening.
No, Nosgoth is not any of these and personally they aren't my favourite genres and I might not be so enthusiastic had they headed down that route. But I do think there is plenty of room for them and the series has got enough of a strong history and lore that you could potentially pick any era or indeed genre or medium to cover it in. I know Daniel Cabuco used to say he'd quite like to have done an MMO; had that happened, I might not have enjoyed them personally but I'd probably have supported them. Of course I'd love the big SP return, but I also love the expansion; so whilst I want story driven sp lok back in my life, I really wouldn't be too offended if a Nosgoth 2 popped up ....and here's to getting both. :)