PDA

View Full Version : random freezes!!!

dcw123
1st Jun 2007, 21:58
After an hour or 2 my computer just freezes and the sound carries on..:mad2:
My PC CAN run TRA perfectly and has no graphical glitches.
But why is it freezing? Is my PC overheated???:scratch:

Loni
1st Jun 2007, 22:10
Hi,

why you make a Post i made it earlier then you you had write something in that you have the same Problems. By me it append at different Times anything is ok then the Game freez and the Sound stand i can only turn off PC and start him again that has nothing to do with overhead. Its a Problem of the Game

Greetings

Loni:o :o :o

tr1xp
1st Jun 2007, 23:12
Creative Labs sound card? There was another thread where someone fixed a problem by reducing the hardware acceleration slider to "basic". This was something I did at all times when I had a Creative Labs card because they were unstable otherwise.

Loni
1st Jun 2007, 23:50
Hi,

i made it on Basic but same Problem that at different Time it freez. I have with my Soundcard on no Game Problem so put the Problem not allways on the Hardware its a Problem from the Game....

Greetings

Lonestarr:o :o :o :o

tr1xp
2nd Jun 2007, 01:05
I have no such problem. So I have to think it is a problem with the way something is configured on your PC. The driver's settings, drivers used, overheating hardware, other software running like virus scanners...something.

Loni
2nd Jun 2007, 10:33
Hi,

i have with no Game Problems Legend runs good no Probs but with all other Laras Games was something not OK. When other have the same Problems it cant be something with the PC and when other Games runs without Probs its a Prob from the Game.....

Sorry but that was the last Time i bought the Game next Time i lean it from Shop.

Greetings

Loni:( :( :( :(

Xcom
2nd Jun 2007, 14:34
Is my PC overheated???:scratch:

It is possible. Did you check the temperatures (after an hour or so)?

Loni
2nd Jun 2007, 19:32
Hi, my CPU is not overclocked when i get throw out of the Game the Temp is by 61 Gread Celsius that cant be the reason why the game Freez nothing on my System is overclocked i use AGP x1950pro. TR-Legend runs normaly on my system without Patch....

CorwinB
3rd Jun 2007, 12:25
Same problem here (random freezes and crashes to desktop, both in the demo and the final game).

Configuration is :
Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz
Asus P5WDH Deluxe motherboard
4GB DDR2-800 RAM
GeForce 8800GTX (latest drivers)
Realtek HD integrated soundcard
Running Vista 64

Nothing overclocked or overheating.

Loni
3rd Jun 2007, 23:07
My System:

Ahtlon 3200+ Barthon
AGP ATI x1950Pro
1 GB Ram DDR2-400
Soundcard: Audigy2 ZS
XP-Profession
MSI-Board dont know at the Moment

My System is not overclocked or overheat but at diffent Time the Game freez and the Sound stand then......:o :o :o :o

Loni
5th Jun 2007, 19:01
I have still same Problem i installed again SP2 for XP, driver Soundcard and G-Card, DirectX has someone an Idea what the Problem could be why the Game freez at diffent Time HardwareAceleration from Soundcard i take on Normal had chance nothing.....:o :o :o :o

mikeysg
5th Jun 2007, 19:12
If it's a problem with the game engine itself, as some say here, then the issue would present itself to most people. I myself have had no such issue with TRA, and I'm running one of the worst OS for games - 64bit VISTA HP.:mad2: I wish all my games run so smoothly like TRA actually....:whistle:

Loni
5th Jun 2007, 19:31
Friend has same OS wtih SP2 but Radeon 9800 Pro he has no Prob too i think too that its a Problem from the Game and not with my PC....:rasp: :rasp: :rasp: :rasp: