PDA

View Full Version : TRA will not install

Poachie
1st Jun 2007, 18:34
Tried to install TRA on our brand new Dell computer with Vista, and nothing happens after clicking on "Install" button. I have seen other people having this problem as well. Could anybody help me please?

GoranAgar
1st Jun 2007, 18:53
You will find the solution in the First Aid thread.

Bullbreaker
1st Jun 2007, 23:24
Windows Vista Basic
P4 3Ghz Processor
1Gb RAM
Radeon X1600XT 256Mb running Catalyst 7.4 & DirectX 10

I had the same problem trying to install the game and so did another work colleague of mine. Basically the game would display the first pop-up window with the install button etc. but as soon as this button was pressed all install/DVD activity would stop more or less immediately. I tried hanging around for the vista run permission screen to appear but to no avail...

I tried the tech help First aid solution re Opening the task manager and ending the processes called SET58.tmp and/or *.tmp but neither were running on my PC.:mad2:

The only way I eventually got the game to install was to by-pass the autorun and first pop-up altogether by performing the following:

Left-clicking the start menu
Clicking "Computer"
Right-clicking the DVD drive containg the disc and selecting "explore"
Double-clicking the "setup" file manually

This way the game installed without a hitch and runs great just like the demo did before.

I hope this helps anyone like me and my mate who is having a similar problem under Vista and have failed with the other solutions on this forum:)

pleomax
5th Jun 2007, 03:19
I had the same problem install button wouldn't work. Under the autorun it says files folder if you open this and click the lara icon that says setup it will install.

mikeysg
5th Jun 2007, 05:40
Windows Vista Basic
P4 3Ghz Processor
1Gb RAM
Radeon X1600XT 256Mb running Catalyst 7.4 & DirectX 10

The only way I eventually got the game to install was to by-pass the autorun and first pop-up altogether by performing the following:

Left-clicking the start menu
Clicking "Computer"
Right-clicking the DVD drive containg the disc and selecting "explore"
Double-clicking the "setup" file manually

This way the game installed without a hitch and runs great just like the demo did before.

I hope this helps anyone like me and my mate who is having a similar problem under Vista and have failed with the other solutions on this forum:)Yep, that's the way to do it.:thumbsup: Got mine to install this very same way myself......I think it's a VISTA thang.:scratch: Game looks excellent even w/o 'Next-Gen' setting...