PDA

View Full Version : Install problem

est1856
1st Jun 2007, 13:17
I successfully installed and run the demo, but now that I have the full game, I am having problems installing it.
The install bar almost reaches the end but just hangs there (waited 25 minutes)

GoranAgar
1st Jun 2007, 14:13
When that happenes, try the following:

Open your task manager and end the process with the name "SET58.tmp".

Let me know if this worked.

becksdawe
1st Jun 2007, 16:42
I'm having exactly the same problem but nothing with SET58.tmp appears.

Sharpedge
1st Jun 2007, 17:06
I've also been suffering the same problem.

Terminating "SET58.tmp" kills the install but you can then run the game from the .exe file in the directory.

The installer shell still thinks the game is not installed, however, and prompts you to install everytime you insert the disc... a minor annoyance though.

GoranAgar
1st Jun 2007, 18:27
Install DirectX from CD first and then install the game. Let me know if that works, please. :)

est1856
1st Jun 2007, 19:29
I have set65 this time, other times it was different numbers.
Just trying it again now.

EDIT: no, nothing works. Tried to install DX9c first even though I already have it. Killing the .tmp process just kills the instal but nothing is installed anywhere.

becksdawe
1st Jun 2007, 19:52
Install DirectX from CD first and then install the game. Let me know if that works, please. :)

Tried that to no avail :( Also when I tried what you suggested regarding ending the process "SET58.tmp" - exactly what happened with est1856 happened to me too.

GoranAgar
1st Jun 2007, 20:19
Open the task manager and reduce the priority of the install process. It is the one that ends on .tmp

est1856
1st Jun 2007, 21:07
Yeah tried that. I did get it working however, I copied all files to the hard drive, installed it from there. This time the game installed even though I still had the hang near the end of install, it was actually installed on the hard drive. I then made a shortcut for the desktop and ran it from there. Runs ok BTW. :)

There should be a cut off with the DX9 setup anyway if one already has it installed. Maybe that'll appear in the first patch. :scratch:

Thanks for your suggestion Mr Admin. :)

Terniz
1st Jun 2007, 21:10
Open the task manager and reduce the priority of the install process. It is the one that ends on .tmp

I just registered to ask this very question and it turns out I didn't have to. Setting the priority to low on the .tmp process enabled the installation to finish successfully. Thanx a lot!:thumbsup:

becksdawe
3rd Jun 2007, 11:09

Spot on :thumbsup: I now have a rather shocked boyfriend who didn't think I'd get it too work :lol: Thankyou!!