PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Today's Closed Alpha Session

Monkeythumbz
5th Nov 2013, 10:33
The next Closed Alpha play session (http://nosgoth.com/servers) for Nosgoth will take place today at 17:00 GMT/18:00 CET/12:00 EST/09:00 PST.

Please be aware that you may potentially encounter server problems during this session, for which we apologise in advance. It’s important we have this session so as to identify what's causing the problem so that we can resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Looking forward to seeing you all in-game!

hirukaru
5th Nov 2013, 12:25
Apologise in advance for what.
Server problems are a part of a closed Alpha, thats why we are here right?

Hope to see you in game Monkey.

Thanks for the heads up.

Xaragoth
5th Nov 2013, 16:03
Imma Echolocate your face! :)

No apologies needed. The sooner you find what's irking the servers, the better!

Strike5150
5th Nov 2013, 17:41
Perhaps for the next playtest we could make the windows icon flash when the game is ready. That would really make the waiting in lobby thing a little less painful :).

Strike5150
5th Nov 2013, 18:17
Are you guys restarting the servers again? I can't connect at all now and the game is telling me there are no servers.

Ligkvaern
5th Nov 2013, 18:31
Game is telling me there are no servers and that the next session is right now. Still won't let me connect or join games though, i was fine the first session but it's been this way ever since. :(

Psyonix_Corey
5th Nov 2013, 18:33
There seems to be some issue with Steam and the servers. There's a few full matches going on just fine; I played in one earlier, but I'm unable to find a match now like you guys. We're looking into it.

Ligkvaern
5th Nov 2013, 18:35
When i log in, it tells me only one player is online and that the servers are down, if i click play it tells me to wait till they are available and then tells me when.

If it's any help I'm located in Denmark, i saw a post on the technical forum that it may be related to countries.

Psyonix_Corey
5th Nov 2013, 19:19
Ligkvaern, it's purely a bug with matchmaking.

If you keep trying you may succeed in finding a server. The "no servers" message during live playtests seems to be occurring because the client is getting unexpected data from Steam and not handling it correctly, causing the matchmaking search to fail.

hirukaru
5th Nov 2013, 19:38
Ligkvaern, it's purely a bug with matchmaking.

If you keep trying you may succeed in finding a server. The "no servers" message during live playtests seems to be occurring because the client is getting unexpected data from Steam and not handling it correctly, causing the matchmaking search to fail.

+3 gaming hours then ? ;)
Played against a dev just a couple of rounds ago.
He cheated. Don't cheat against us ;)