PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: A Realm Reborn – beware of scams

Grimoire
2nd Jul 2013, 03:39
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn – beware ‘fake’ emails (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/ffxiv-realm-reborn-%E2%80%93-beware-%E2%80%98fake%E2%80%99-emails)

It’s come to our attention that some Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn players are receiving emails claiming to be from Square Enix, warning that your Square Enix account may be suspended if you sell it on to another person – and that you should verify ownership by following a link.

To clarify, selling accounts does indeed contravene the EULA that you will have accepted before playing the game; but in this case the email (printed in full below) is not genuine, and players should NOT follow the link it suggests.

The text of the email (minus the fake link) is reprinted below – please pass this onto anybody you know who is playing FFXIV, and if you are concerned about your account security or have any questions, please contact official Customer Support (Europe / North America).

“Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Square Enix Account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Square Enix Account's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with: [LINK DELETED]

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team

Thanks! --Square Enix Account”

---

I got a similar one, and I do not play any of the online games. Bought the PC version of Final Fantasy 7 yesterday. The email came in 3:26 pm today. I removed the links just in-case but regardless.. the links to not look right, and I can access my account just fine despite what it says.

Square Enix Account Management System
*Link removed*
-------------------------------------------------------

Dear Valued Square Enix Customer,

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account.

In order to regain access to your account, please do the following:
1. Refer to the FAQ below to ensure your account is secure
*Link removed*

2. Use the URL provided below to reset your password
*Link removed*

*If you cannot access a URL provided above by clicking the link, please try copy and pasting the URL directly into the address bar of your web browser.
*The password reset URL provided above will expire after one week from the date of the email or once the password has been reset successfully.

For more information about the login restriction, please refer to the following page:
*Link removed*

For inquiries regarding products and services, please visit the Square Enix Support Center.

*Link removed*

Rancyz
27th Aug 2013, 15:12
Look at the chatbox in the screenshot below. Some user with a random name has pmed me some random link to get free gil, which is obviously some sort of... scam?
Make sure to block their messages by typing /blacklist in your chatbox (or go to your social option and find the blacklist tab).
http://i.imgur.com/cDHfP5W.jpg

I hope this game will not turn out to have a bunch of people shouting random gil scam site like RF Online T_T ... At least these guys don't shout it, because that would be even more annoying!

kckris
27th Aug 2013, 15:46
Dear Lord. Already? That crap is so annoying.

Hippy_Pickle
27th Aug 2013, 15:50
Dear Lord. Already? That crap is so annoying.

I'm sick of the free company / guild recruiting messages already myself. I want more freaky 'adult' conversations in the shout box like I had come across on the beta lmao.
The censoring is also weird, it blocked 'hand job' (I was referring to being a certain level in disciples of the hand jobs and shortened this to hand job) but then allowed the 'S' word (naughty poo word with e on end lol)

kckris
27th Aug 2013, 15:58
Just so it's out in the open, you can turn the "censoring" off in the settings menu.

Gomly1980
27th Aug 2013, 16:08
Just to point out, that isn't for FREE Gil, it wants you to buy it from their website.

They won't steal your account information for free, it costs you good money to have them take it.

Laaperi
27th Aug 2013, 17:42
Why isnt there a quicker way to ignore people than opening and actually writing the name of the person who are spamming? you should be able to right+click and then choose to ignore, just like in ANY other games. And please add queue times, now i have to spam to get inside my server to play.

Rancyz
28th Aug 2013, 12:37
Well this user hasn't shown up on the /shout or /tell chats, so I guess the account was banned! Awww yeah!

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 12:46
Well this user hasn't shown up on the /shout or /tell chats, so I guess the account was banned! Awww yeah!

Ok total noob question from me (it's my 1st MMO after all), I get /say which is nearby players, /shout I assume is for everyone in that area i.e. central thanalan but what is /yell for?

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 12:57
Or they logged off again quickly. This is often how spammers last longer in other MMOs, games like Rift reply on multiple reports before their systems take action, the spammers may be seeing if XIV is the same.

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 12:59
Ok total noob question from me (it's my 1st MMO after all), I get /say which is nearby players, /shout I assume is for everyone in that area i.e. central thanalan but what is /yell for?
I *think* it goes to nearby zones as well, or maybe /shout doesn't cover the entire zone while /yell does.

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 13:00
Look at the chatbox in the screenshot below. Some user with a random name has pmed me some random link to get free gil, which is obviously some sort of... scam?
This isn't 'free gil', it's a 'gold seller', while both sorts are pretty despicable they are actually quite a bit different.

Hippy_Pickle
28th Aug 2013, 13:10
on a separate note that's vaguely related to this topic I just saw this: http://eu.square-enix.com/en/jobs/game-master-frenchgermanenglish
It's like the dream job, playing (in a fashion) FFXIV at work and then playing at home, if only I'd actually have paid more attention in my German class (I was actually top set!) but alas I just kept translating dirty phrases like 'Do you have hairy testicles?' and writing them on the blackboard before the teacher came in! lmao

Rancyz
28th Aug 2013, 23:20
Well I wish I was a GM for the NA server I am on, Adamantoise... Just look at this image below, another one of them :(
http://i.imgur.com/rBy6vcV.jpg

SethTP
29th Aug 2013, 02:06
They should adopt the same thing SWG had at the end, If enough people /reported them they could speak and see their own txt but no one else could see it. That way it wasnt a kick and remake, they would stand there until they figured it out with another character.

ryekel
6th Sep 2013, 17:27
I logged on today to play and all i see in shout is spamming of gold selling >.<..... Is anyone going to do something about this .... wheres the active gms on this game >.< starting to look like Cabal online with all the spam >.<

PoppaDoc
6th Sep 2013, 18:32
my blacklist is full of them ><

Clay51
7th Sep 2013, 01:43
Read the announcements, they have even banning the Gold sellers for this.

TiffTaro
9th Sep 2013, 02:46
This is just getting ridiculous. I keep black listing them but the blacklisting process is way too manual. I should just be able to click on their name and bam, blacklisted. Then I realized there was a cap on blacklisting! I currently have 14/31...eventually I'm going to reach that cap and I'll be forced to just ignore all Tells and Yells. Which is really crappy.

It sucks even more because to get their stupid names on the blacklist you have scroll up to their name and then FFXIV automatically scrolls down as soon as someone says something. Which is normally just more gold spamming.

Eventually gold spammers are going to make talking impossible. I spent half my game last night just blacklisting gold spammers.

Clay51
9th Sep 2013, 03:04
This is just getting ridiculous. I keep black listing them but the blacklisting process is way too manual. I should just be able to click on their name and bam, blacklisted. Then I realized there was a cap on blacklisting! I currently have 14/31...eventually I'm going to reach that cap and I'll be forced to just ignore all Tells and Yells. Which is really crappy.

It sucks even more because to get their stupid names on the blacklist you have scroll up to their name and then FFXIV automatically scrolls down as soon as someone says something. Which is normally just more gold spamming.

Eventually gold spammers are going to make talking impossible. I spent half my game last night just blacklisting gold spammers.

There are 200 blacklist spots, not just 31. I totally agree on the"click name & blacklist" I mean the functionality is already there, since invites & tells work that way.

TiffTaro
9th Sep 2013, 04:13
There are 200 blacklist spots, not just 31.
Oh I see, you can add 31 ppl at a time. You're right there are 200 spots.

I just got a private message from someone I've already blacklisted. WTF. Is there a hack or something for being blacklisted?!

YuriSensen
9th Sep 2013, 05:46
It is pretty obvious that an anti-bot system needs to be placed, even if it's a temp make-shift one until a more solid one can be put in place. There isn't even a delay in shouts either, so unless you can manage to catch the name in between shouts as it floods the screen, since the shouts also forces you to scroll back down to the bottom of the chat, you won't be able to stop it.

TheRealKraggy
9th Sep 2013, 06:38
I just never enable /shout or /yell except if there's a reason for me to think anything in there is of interest, I don't waste my time on watching endless kid-speak, insults and other 'trash talk' even if there is no seller spam.

@TiffTaro: never seen that and just tested it myself (from one account to the other) and the blacklist blocked it. Don't know if deleting and recreating a character with the same name may defeat it, not impossible I guess but AFAIK the blacklist is per-toon not per-account (sadly the latter would be highly welcome).

Hippy_Pickle
9th Sep 2013, 07:31
I'm tired of these buggers too but I'm taking the time to fill in the reporting form and then blacklisting them. It's a pain to fill in the form but hopefully SE will actually block the SE IDs associated with the IGNs if enough people are sending the reports in. This way it may calm it down somewhat, hopefully!

TheRealKraggy
9th Sep 2013, 09:41
Certainly SE should have learned from Blizzard how you provide players with an EASY and quick way to block and report this crap, especially with SE's long anti-RMT war in FFXI.

Zephar
10th Sep 2013, 22:24
seriously this is a lame way to put the name in blacklist SE, PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

dexterreading
13th Sep 2013, 07:21
it seems really good, i have bought some ff14gold from the site your suggested, their customer service is better than others, i have add it to my bookmark, thanks

Skwarski
14th Sep 2013, 16:20
Oh yes do, my blaclist would be full in a matter of days - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUP_61ap7so&feature=youtu.be this is currently chat in all 3 cities, even sanctuaries look the same on cerberus >.>

Heroesjourney
15th Sep 2013, 18:14
I stumbled on this link this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OquP44peuCM

Jesterious
16th Sep 2013, 07:13
It's already so bad shout is an utter joke.............Way to let the game flounder with gold spammers Squeenix.................

Grimoire
16th Sep 2013, 14:53
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Heroesjourney.

Lars39
16th Sep 2013, 15:13
yeah i stumbled over that one myself a few days ago but didnt bother to say anything since you already did......i just stumbled over this site where they are selling CD keys for FF XIV http://www.allcdkey.com/Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-CD-Key.html
just curious if its legal or not...to expencive for me (60 dollar) so i will wait...just hoping they (that be SE) will start selling the digital download.I havent seen any pc version where i live...yet...only ps3...sucks

nm the last....they finally started to sell the digital DL but i still wonder if its legal for them to sell the cd keys like that

Grimoire
16th Sep 2013, 15:34
Thanks, Lars39. The team is looking into it.

xandramas
24th Sep 2013, 02:47
So two nights ago I was suspended because some gil spammer somehow got into my account, on my character and spammed the server.

This thread is not about why I got hacked. There are plenty of threads about why it happened and prevention this thread is about why its taking square-enix so long to process these problems. Today I woke up the moment customer support was open, waited in the long queue to only be told I am going to have to wait for support to even get to my claim. I've read places where it can take up to a month and a half to process this problem?

Why the hell is this even an option. Yes there are hundreds of thousands of complaints a day. But you completely lose customers by bypassing them in this regard. Blocking the players account for a month and a half in an mmorpg is unrealistic especially if the player (Like myself) was competitively trying to play. Whats the point in playing a month and a half from now when I literally spent the first month of gameplay online 10is hours a day.

You need to prioritize the people who cant log into your game with the people who have stupid problems like glitchy software issues. The software issues are on your end and are not easily rectified. Banned players because of a hacker is a 20 minute ip address check, or quick chatlog check by the player within a timeframe.

My question is, how many other ppl are still locked out of their account? I havent even recieved a confirmation email that my ticket has even been looked at just the word of the tech support guy who said to check DAILY at my email and mog station. DAILY?! Thats absurd. Meanwhile my paid sub is dwindling down.

Jorzies
24th Sep 2013, 04:12
I've got the same problem, although my account has been both suspended and terminated while a ticket has been open. Beyond frustrating!

xandramas
24th Sep 2013, 06:30
wow, thats ****ty.

xandramas
24th Sep 2013, 06:49
Good news! Just got an email, I was also terminated. Hopefully thats just some bull**** automated crap that they send to us.

xandramas
24th Sep 2013, 06:53
Jorzies have you attempted to contact them yet? As after my suspension my characters were fine until like 2 hours ago (After customer support left) which now my characters aren't even on mog station. I'm about to send my incident to the better business bureau. I also have a relative who is a lawyer who might find this to be a case he'd possibly be interested in taking.

sh4do4ce
25th Sep 2013, 14:12
Hi I got banned too!

First i couldnt login the game (Code 3102 was shown)
i wrote to the support and asked them for help.
than i got an email that i have been banned for gold selling or some other things like this.
Awesome is that i have been banned AFTER i wrote the first mail to the support.
I also joined the Live Chat, thinking i'll get some answers.
After i made clear the i am the real owner of the account i was told that i was automatically banned by the system.
They told me that they have to check this but they couldnt tell me how long it takes and what will happen with my free playtime.
Iam wondering how long it will take to check the ips ... real it could be so easy
but hey it was an automatic ban so ...... what should i think ^^

Angelmichu
25th Sep 2013, 17:37
This is exactly the same reason why I am very upset at the customer support of this game. It makes no sense to ban a player for gold spamming when its OBVIOUS it wasnt the player and that the account was compromised. It's my opinion that SE needs to revamp their customer support and train their people for this type of problems which are prevalent in EVERY MMO. It's incredible that something that can literally take 1 mins to do and 5 mins to confirm has taken me more than a week.

On monday I received an email saying that within 2 days they will address my issue... well its wednesday... already 2 days have passed since I received it, from the time i received it, and I have not been contacted by anyone from SE.

I am very upset. Right now, I really want to play again, but already the friends that were playing with me are all telling me that they might not want to keep playing and if they don't play its likely I wont either.

Razerzone84
25th Sep 2013, 18:26
I've got the same problem, although my account has been both suspended and terminated while a ticket has been open. Today one guy spammed gold messages with my account, too. I hope it want take so long with the support.

gemmibear666
26th Sep 2013, 05:24
I purchased Realm Reborn less than 24 hours ago through digital download. Almost immediately I got an email saying there was suspicious activity when I tried to register the serial number. I thought nothing of it, downloaded the game and fell asleep. This morning I went through the character creation screen, but then realizing I didn't know which server my boyfriend was on, canceled it. I have not seen a single square inch of this game. Not a single thing beyond the beginning of a very long cut scene to which I closed my client out of because I had to go. I attempted to log on today and my account is suspended. No email explaining why, no reason. Thanks for nothing, Blizz... I mean Square Enix.

sh4do4ce
26th Sep 2013, 13:34
Yeah yeah a new day without an answer from the support or any changes in my account....
another lost free day .....
i cant understand why someone put an automatic ban system on a mmo.... oh yeah normal support costs money ^^ a bad realy bad automatic system is for free ......

TheRealKraggy
26th Sep 2013, 14:43
i cant understand why someone put an automatic ban system on a mmo.
Really? You really don't understand why all MMOs I have ever played ban then investigate apparently stolen accounts?

Sadly it seems there are large numbers of players who have carelessly allowed their account details to become known to others, or as SE have already noted use the same login details on several sites so that one site compromise means several of their accounts are vulnerable, meaning SE is now snowed-under with tickets and it's taking them a long time to deal with them.

And yes, I KNOW this doesn't apply to anyone in this thread, it never does apply to people posting in threads like this .. the facts however speak differently, MANY people do this.

Angelmichu
26th Sep 2013, 19:02
I don't understand it Kraggy. I can see why an MMO would put an automatic account lock, but not a ban... and not just a temp ban but a full on ban.. to the point where you don't even have a character anymore (at least it doesn't show up in the mog station). That to me seems unreasonable.

Paleoak
27th Sep 2013, 03:01
Gil spammers are getting ridiculous. Has SE announced anything about how/when they are going to address this issue?

A blacklist option on a right click of a name would be nice, rather than trying to manually punch in their name into the Blacklist function meanwhile they have 4 or 5 spammers going hard at spamming making next to impossible to catch their name. Or maybe a limit as to how much you can post per second like they have in pretty much every MMO.. A report button?

All of the above?

Links to SE posts about the issue would be appreciated!

Angelmichu
27th Sep 2013, 03:07
As far as I know, they have not said anything about how or when they plan to fix that. They did however add a news in the launcher one time of a macro to quickly blacklist ppl. You could try searching for it.

TheRealKraggy
27th Sep 2013, 06:55
They're "working on it", not very well it seems.

The only macro I know is this:

/blist add <r>

which works when the spam is a /tell but is useless to block /yell spammers. Easiest way to handle the chatlog is to select then CTRL-C the text with the name then CTRL-V that into the name box in the blacklist dialog and cut out the crap leaving just the name. It's a pain but all you can do.

As with so many things, SE know they need to do something which should have been done before the game launched, they have said a few times this is one of their priorities, hopefully it'll be in the first content patch if not earlier.

TheRealKraggy
27th Sep 2013, 07:03
SE have a group they called the Special Task Force Unit, set up years ago when RMT ruled FFXI (SE used to call it the STFU but dropped the 'U' ;) ), which did a pretty good job at cleaning up that game, although they never eliminated fishbots and some other things RMT's control of the AH got stomped on, but it took some time: SE never added an 'easy to report' mechanism.

This comment was posted over-night in reply to a post on the game forums about RMT:

The Special Task Force is not only combating RMT solicitation, but they're also taking action against users who use teleport cheats to gather and battle over and over. The team has been looking over every report submitted and taking action against users found to be involved in RMT activity, so we greatly appreciate you continued efforts in reporting these players.
So yes, there is active work being done to deal with this problem, as a few folk in my FC on Phoenix commented they'd seen fewer mining bots outside Ul'dah (FEWER, not an absence of). It's slow, far too slow, but having not put any meaningful anti-RMT mechanics in the game before launch SE have a big hill to climb to get control back.

Hippy_Pickle2
27th Sep 2013, 07:26
I've noticed several accounts that I had blacklisted have now been deleted so they are slowly but surely getting there with banning these accounts.

TheRealKraggy
27th Sep 2013, 08:23
I've only seen 2 marked '(deleted)' across the several characters I have on two servers, I have a total of at least 100 across them all, hence my belief little concrete is being done. Of course, if people weren't careless and let their accounts get stolen in the first place we'd be a lot better off.

sh4do4ce
27th Sep 2013, 13:35
i have played wow and gw and gw2 and in more than 6 years mmo playing time any of my accounts has been hacked. but hey the ff arr acc was hacked after 8 days or so! maybe it was a se database witch was hacked. and just maybe it is to hard for se to do the job they are paid for!
btw no i dont use the same pw on every acc ^^
and an automatic ban system oh yeah just let it become stuck or bugged and ban every player from one country or every play with the same provider ..... yeah automatisation is nice but its only there to make human lives easier. but this time it just couses trouble se get sad users and maybe looses potential players. if 1 of 10 players of a group premades is banned like this the other 9 wont play further.

btw: two days ago i couldn't see my chars in the mogry station
yesterday i could see them
today i cant see them again ^^

Hippy_Pickle2
27th Sep 2013, 15:21
I do notice more sellers on Gilgamesh than on Odin, maybe they are attracted to the name GILgamesh lol

KyotoKisses
28th Sep 2013, 09:00
If you received a friend request in-game and decided to accept it, thinking that person was your friend? And all of a sudden he starts sending you lots of gils? You know you're in need of gils and this random friend request turns out to be a lifesaver.

Would you: -

1. Immediately take the gils then delete him off your friend list?
2. Report him immediately for given you too much money?
3. Return him all the money and remove him off friend list?
4. Take the gils and continue keeping him in the friend list?

KyotoKisses
28th Sep 2013, 09:21
I got suspended for suspected gil purchase cos I added someone into my friend list, not known he was a Gil seller. Now my account is full of gils and SE thinks I purchased them. I got suspended based on SE's suspicion just because I failed to report a Gil seller. Yep, my fault. Maybe I shouldn't have been greedy and took the gils. I'm sorry if some pure innocent an well brought up kid is gonna go saying "but you shouldnt have been greedy, you should have reported him."

Got thrown out of Titan HM 16 hours ago, account still suspended. Way to go SE! Now my weekend is ruined cos you decided "hey let's ban this account cos it has lots of gils suddenly." I know a bunch of people with hundreds of millions of gils, 1 with at least 1b, why aren't they banned yet?

Taz45103
29th Sep 2013, 05:03
I am in the same boat.. I have called support everyday asking to speak to a supervisor and he is always out or just stepped out.. I called thier NA corporate number and the receptionist that answered gave me a phoney email address.. She said she would forward it to the appropiate person.. I have wrote a complaint to the BBB, which they alrdy have around 25 complaints since this game came out.. I have also contacted a lawyer to see what I can do because the way they are doing this is a ripoff.. You pay for a game and the game comes with free 30 days but yet they wont replace those days.. I understand that "yes" i should have had a longer password or the one time security but things happen and for them to just cancel your account,especially if u were like me u have only been playing for 6 days.. That's just completely wrong and like most gamer's know that all it takes to figure out if someone was really hacked is a simple IP check from the days before you were hacked.. Of course the game was only 30$ but 6 days of time for 30$ is a ripoff..

Hippy_Pickle2
30th Sep 2013, 07:34
Choices choices, well given that SE have started to ban/suspend account with large amounts of Gil then option 3 maybe the way to go but personally I'd probably take it, blacklist them and either invest the money in a FC or store it in a retainer lol

TheRealKraggy
30th Sep 2013, 07:53
If I valued my game account I'd return the mail and remove him from my friends list and /blist him. I think I'd also report him as a suspect gil seller who got the name wrong of his customer to whom he was sending their 'goods'.

Keeping it is simply an account ban waiting to happen, eventually SE WILL get round to the gil sellers and SE have in the past banned buyers as well as sellers.

Hippy_Pickle2
30th Sep 2013, 08:14
I have a friend who was asked to craft some gear for someone, he did 6 items and this random dude gave him 25k per item! He quickly invested the money in his FC so it wasn't on his account, just in case.

TheRealKraggy
30th Sep 2013, 10:25
That wouldn't protect him, SE's logs show all gil transfers (among other things) so they'd know where it went. I'm trying to get a grip on the current hysteria over allegations SE are suspending all accounts with over 8m in their attempts to investigate RMT, as per the threads on reddit and the XIV forums.

As usual, no word from SE at all simply feeds the fires of rumour, SE really that unbelievably uncommunicative company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with: I play their games in spite of SE, not because of them.

Hippy_Pickle2
30th Sep 2013, 12:00
In that situation though where someone has paid for items then they shouldn't be banning people for receiving the money even if it's well over the going rate but as per the numerous threads on the lodestone, genuine crafters who have made a lot of money through legitimate crafting are getting banned. SE really need to be wary of alienating players who have done nothing wrong.

For example if you sell a high quality item for a large sum of Gil and the buyer happens to be either a gil seller or someone who has bought gil then why should you be penalised/banned for it? You can't control who buys items from the market place.

TheRealKraggy
30th Sep 2013, 14:56
I'm not disagreeing with you Hippy, SE seem out of control ATM I suspect they're in panic mode. I'm not prepared to take what I read on Reddit at face value, nor what is posted on any forums, however the reports are so numerous I wonder what hell IS going on.

Hippy_Pickle2
30th Sep 2013, 15:46
I know you wouldn't, we're on the same page us two lol. It just is rather worrying but like you said you can never really know if said persons have done anything wrong but I'm inclined to believe some are being banned through association (unwitting at that), like being gifted money for making items or doing melds or just selling things on the market place.

I also think that just having large amounts of money isn't a reason to ban without investigation, I think that the people who have done nothing but craft (and reach level 50) could have easily made millions legitimatly through the markets.

But SE aren't exactly being forthcoming with information again and these are mainly rumors (minus the few people who have posted pics of bans).

As for reddit, I never got on with that place, it's just too messy looking lol

sh4do4ce
2nd Oct 2013, 13:45
Still any anwer, any changes, awesome SE.
For sure this was the first and the last MMO out of this kitchen for me .....

btw here a defination http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Support

Hippy_Pickle2
2nd Oct 2013, 14:44
Here's the latest details about recent bans which can be found on the Lodestone forums Here (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/100226-EU-Regarding-Actions-Taken-Against-In-Game-RMT-Ads-and-Illicit-Activities-%28Oct.-1%29)

Regarding Actions Taken Against In-Game RMT Ads and Illicit Activities (Oct. 1)

RMT and other illicit activities upset the balance of the game and, as such, are prohibited under the Terms of Service.

Because we have confirmed the existence of players who are engaging in these illicit activities, we have taken the actions listed below.

- Date: Sep. 12 – Sep. 30, 2013
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT site advertisements: 6,154 accounts
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for illicit activity: 156 accounts
- Action Details: Termination from FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

- Date: Sep. 28, 2013
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT/illicit activities: 568 accounts
- Action Details: Termination/Temporary suspension from FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
* Accounts of egregious violators will be terminated.

- Total Frozen Gil: Approximately 367,700 million Gil
* Gil of temporarily suspended accounts will be confiscated.

Included in the above are players who used/obtained gil, items, or actions through fraudulent means. Although we are taking the utmost care and attention to prevent such actions, players who discover any confirmed cheats should, under no circumstances, exploit or disseminate such information. Instead, we ask that players file a report by using the in-game command [System Menu] -> [Support Desk] -> [Contact Us] -> [Report Cheating].

In addition, the recent maintenance operations have implemented countermeasures to nullify the effects of the aforementioned cheats.

We will continue to take stringent disciplinary action against any accounts with confirmed involvement in RMT/illicit activity; players should take care to steer clear of any activity that violates the Terms of Service. Please be forewarned.

* "Cheating" consists of using third party programs or tools to conduct actions players would not normally be able to do in the game (for example, obtaining gil or items through illicit means, traversing at extremely high speeds, warping, using automated means to operate your character while you are away from the game).

This doesn't specifically mention the threshholds for 'too much gil' and only vaguely references that you could receive a ban (temporary or perm) from unwittingly buying or selling goods on the market to anyone involved in RMT activities which then makes you a money launderer :o

alva90
20th Oct 2013, 07:27
Lots of RMT's bots in guildhests and dungeons:auto open the treasure chest and get reward gil.
For example, four archers use hack auto teleport underground(avoid damage ),once every one minute to complete guildhest.
It is said that 100,000 gil one account one day in level 10 guildhest,
500,000 gil one account one day in level 35 guildhest,
get lots of philosophy buy peacock ore in level 50 dungeons and so on.

Grimoire
4th Nov 2013, 20:07
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn – beware ‘fake’ emails (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/ffxiv-realm-reborn-%E2%80%93-beware-%E2%80%98fake%E2%80%99-emails)

It’s come to our attention that some Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn players are receiving emails claiming to be from Square Enix, warning that your Square Enix account may be suspended if you sell it on to another person – and that you should verify ownership by following a link.

To clarify, selling accounts does indeed contravene the EULA that you will have accepted before playing the game; but in this case the email (printed in full below) is not genuine, and players should NOT follow the link it suggests.

The text of the email (minus the fake link) is reprinted below – please pass this onto anybody you know who is playing FFXIV, and if you are concerned about your account security or have any questions, please contact official Customer Support (Europe / North America).

“Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Square Enix Account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Square Enix Account's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with: [LINK DELETED]

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team

Thanks! --Square Enix Account”

Borgie18
12th Nov 2013, 14:20
But I didn't even want to sell my account.. can you tell me where to get the link so that I can fix this? thanks in advance.

Borgie18
12th Nov 2013, 14:25
Sorry to trouble you sir. they said I need to login to contact support.. how can I do that if my account is suspended?

Grimoire
12th Nov 2013, 15:29
If your account was suspended, did you receive an email concerning this (https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?ret=contact&p=1&kid=68235&id=5382&la=1&c=58&sc=348&subject=Account+suspended)?
If not, hmm...perhaps you could create a second account and use that in order to contact customer support regarding your original account?

Borgie18
12th Nov 2013, 17:41
I didn't receive any email regarding that, but I think I'll just try what you suggest.. I'll create another account and contact them. thank again sir.. I tried doing what they told me when I tried to login, an error message appears with a link of changing a password. i tried that but still the same.

Grimoire
13th Nov 2013, 17:33
There is no need to thank me, but since I am not part of the FFXIV team I believe the only thing to do is to try to contact customer support, one way or another. Best of luck now and feel free to keep us updated with your progress.

Shalindria
10th Feb 2014, 23:31
Are we going to expand the blacklist? Mine is full of gil spammers. And now have to tag myself as busy all the time just so I don't receive gil spam from tells. And constantly hear the (bling) sound. But cause I do that my PC friends can't send me tells. I suggest expanding the blacklist to at least 500. prefer 1000. as long as the game is running should have the option to blacklist all gill spammers. Also maybe delete characters names from banned accounts that way i could free up some space. Something has to be done. I don't want to constantly have to be busy cause of constant gil spammer tells. Minty Dragonflame - Zalera

Grimoire
9th May 2014, 07:30
[Important] Warning regarding phishing emails/messages (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/1279adbea7954975d5518e420313d4d3f70f07dc)
― please be very cautious as the contents of the fake websites and fake emails are being cleverly disguised.

RogueShadow75
25th Aug 2014, 21:47
I'm not sure about everyone else but i'm tried of reporting bots for SE to not do anything about. Why is it over the last year all but 1 company has been eliminated from selling gil? There's only 1 left still selling gil and people are still being banned for buying it. Yet no matter how many reports go into reporting bots, how many videos are taken of them being logged in 24/7 they are still there. It's starting to seem that Square Enix wants them there so they can ban people buying gil from them. Now in the U.S.A. that is called entrapment and illegal.

Is the company i've been supporting since 1988 just a bunch of fraudulent scum? Which of the gm's on that game is being paid by the gil sellers to look the other way?

Oh and don't think i like people buying gil either. I despise RMT's in any game and i especially despise the bots.

I feel Square Enix owes us yet another apology out of the many they've already owed the people that have supported them the many years they have been in business.

jakeg1210
18th Mar 2016, 00:03
Scams like you guys suspending me for 3 days for playing the game like a normal goddamn person and then disconnecting from my chats when I ask why.... GTFO

Anju1986
4th Jun 2017, 06:20
This is an ironic post considering I have a game that I paid for that won't let me play because of an invalid birthdate when I know it's not, and how they re direct me to a pay to call phone number instead of help me freely over email which they can do like other companies.