PDA

View Full Version : Demo Running Slow Help!

Tomb_Raider346
28th May 2007, 21:25
Hey Everyone.

Just a quick question regarding the demo running slow

Ok it starts of and plays fine then when i get to a certain part its starts going in slow-mo i have updated my graphic drivers and its stills slows down i have heared people say turn some things off like water effect but i dont wanna do that because i wont get the full graphics and effects off the game does anyone know what i can do??

Thanks

simulation
28th May 2007, 22:26
It is probably running slow because your graphics card isn't up to it.

What is it?

If your not sure run diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) and post the results.

Mr.LadyCroft
28th May 2007, 22:27
that was happening to me like when i got real close to the waterfall or something but it was just a few seconds and then was fine. oh sorry can't help.

Phlip
28th May 2007, 22:32
This should go in technicle forum. ;)

Leak
28th May 2007, 22:52
If you could tell us what stuff your computer is made of I'm sure we could give you more and better suggestions...

np: The Cinematic Orchestra - Time And Space (Ma Fleur)

Tomb_Raider346
29th May 2007, 01:18
Ok my graphics card is a NVIDIA GEOFORCE FX 5800 ULTRA Hope that helps

Leak
29th May 2007, 07:13
Ok my graphics card is a NVIDIA GEOFORCE FX 5800 ULTRA Hope that helps
Not really - the FX 5x00 series was probably the crappiest line of nVidia cards ever made...

That, and you didn't say what CPU and how much RAM you have...

GoranAgar
29th May 2007, 07:24
Not really - the FX 5x00 series was probably the crappiest line of nVidia cards ever made...
It was. :nut:

Tomb_Raider346
29th May 2007, 14:38

That, and you didn't say what CPU and how much RAM you have...

How do i find out how much RAM and CPU i have

Leak
29th May 2007, 14:47
How do i find out how much RAM and CPU i have
Right-click on your "My Computer" icon and select "Properties", or press the Windows key together with the Pause key.

Your CPU and amount of RAM should be listed in the bottom right corner of the "System Properties" window.

Tomb_Raider346
29th May 2007, 17:06
Ok

CPU - 2.60GHz - 2.59GHz

Ram - 512MB

Hope that helps

Xcom
29th May 2007, 18:44
i have heared people say turn some things off like water effect but i dont wanna do that because i wont get the full graphics and effects off the game

Your system is not exactly "high end"... I don't think you can expect great performance with every feature turned on.

Rascalius
29th May 2007, 18:51
I was messing about with the graphics settings yesterday and I noticed that if you disable 'full screen effects' it greatly increases the framerate of the game. You could try that I guess, but of course you'd lose the volumetric effects, like smoke and beams of light from above, but it's worth a try and still looks pretty great.

Tomb_Raider346
29th May 2007, 19:34
Well thanks for all your help everyone. I have a PC man coming to fix my PC for the game on friday LOL

Thanks for all your info