PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Unable to activate the game

Mrbanana_King
27th Jun 2013, 23:48
ok i download the game and when i put in my registration code it says its invalid? any suggestions?

pprincess
27th Jun 2013, 23:52
You have to register your code before you download the game.

Andryste
27th Jun 2013, 23:57
Register your code www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta/inde... (http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/preparebeta/index_na.html) here and then download from forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/7... (http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/7065-Download-and-Install-the-FFXIV-ARR-Beta-Test-Software-%28Windows%29) there if you are downloading a PC version or follow the instructions forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/3... (http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/threads/37371-Download-and-Install-the-FFXIV-ARR-Beta-Test-Software-%28PlayStation-3%29) for the PS3 version.

GaBacon
22nd Aug 2013, 16:33
Ok, i have entered my preorder code and the game code... i went to download the patcher with success. I open the patcher and it said it was under maintenance, got it. But the the problem is now when i open the patcher and enter my log in info, it tells me that there are no valid accounts even though i have entered all the codes and the game shows up under my profile :-/

so im not sure if i am ready to go or not.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 16:37
Have you registered here yet: https://secure.square-enix.com/accout ? This account and that one are not one and the same. Also, did you register the code you were given after redeeming your Pre-Order code (It's a 20 digit code, 5 groups of 4 numbers) already or did you wait on that?

GaBacon
22nd Aug 2013, 16:39
that link you posted said it was under maint so i cant tell but yeah. after getting the XXXXX-111-XXXXX-111 code, i received the 20 digit code and redeemed it too. I am sure it will work out eventualy but i am just concerned that something isnt right here. It all can be a bit confusing compared to other games i have signed up for before.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 16:42
that link you posted said it was under maint so i cant tell but yeah. after getting the XXXXX-111-XXXXX-111 code, i received the 20 digit code and redeemed it too. I am sure it will work out eventualy but i am just concerned that something isnt right here. It all can be a bit confusing compared to other games i have signed up for before.

You should be fine. Make sure you're using the information you used when you redeemed the 20 digit code rather than information you use for this website (i.e. A username for the log in instead of an email address or a different password if you use different ones between the two accounts)

GaBacon
22nd Aug 2013, 16:44
Ok, Thanks for the replies Mashr :D

Eaze702
24th Aug 2013, 04:46
Installer giving me error about the 2gbs needed in the My Documents folder. I've got 80 gb's left on my ssd and over 500 on my regular HDD. Not sure what the issue is here. :confused:

Eaze702
24th Aug 2013, 07:59
Bump

Whippyice
24th Aug 2013, 08:00
run the installer as admin,

Ozma92
27th Aug 2013, 10:43
Just tried it out, I'm in New Zealand and picked the Limited Edition up this morning. My code wasn't working all day, but I tried it about 5 minutes ago to surprising success. Perhaps everyone else will now have the same luck?

Hippy_Pickle
27th Aug 2013, 11:01
My copy just turned up but I'm at work atm, just out of interest where did you use the reg code? Was it the SE account management page or the mog station?

DawnNoMoreRises
27th Aug 2013, 12:16
my SE Management Page key still doesn't work...
MOG Station code works perfectly fine

Hippy_Pickle
27th Aug 2013, 12:23
my SE Management Page key still doesn't work...
MOG Station code works perfectly fine

So which one are we actually supposed to do it on? One or both?

Sleepingforest
27th Aug 2013, 12:34
MY CODES FOR PS3 STILL ARE NOT WORKING I got this game a gamestop last night and 12:00 and waited till this morning to play and still can not play dose anyone kno why any info would help id rather know than be pissed bc I feel cheated out of my money

Hippy_Pickle
27th Aug 2013, 12:39
MY CODES FOR PS3 STILL ARE NOT WORKING I got this game a gamestop last night and 12:00 and waited till this morning to play and still can not play dose anyone kno why any info would help id rather know than be pissed bc I feel cheated out of my money

Is this the game registration code you're on about and not a PS3 download code? If so where are you trying to use it?

DawnNoMoreRises
27th Aug 2013, 12:41
So which one are we actually supposed to do it on? One or both?
MOG station regulates if you have access of not, also payments are done through there.
the SE Management page is... well, I don't actually know what it's for...

Hippy_Pickle
27th Aug 2013, 12:48
MOG station regulates if you have access of not, also payments are done through there.
the SE Management page is... well, I don't actually know what it's for...

It sounds like they are just using mog station for FFXIV payments/subscriptions etc, whereas the SE management is probably for the wider range of SE products/subscriptions.

Mog station doesn't show my character data though, or does this only appear once you've registered the game?

Orodian_Nelus
2nd Oct 2013, 13:42
Why my ffxiv doesn't accept the codes? I'm instaling the game to ps3 disk...when it asks for a promotional code i use the code that the game has in the package...but it doesn't work at all...can anyone help me? i love final fantasy and it's my first time that i try the online version of this seiries...:)

Hippy_Pickle2
2nd Oct 2013, 14:38
The physical PS3 game comes with 2 codes, one of these is the PS3 registration code in the format of XXXX - XXXX - XXXX and you need to redeem this by going into the XMB Account Management > Redeem code. Then you can check your service list via Account Management > Transations > Services List, this should then show your FFXIV activation.

You should then be able to log in to the game launcher with your SE username and password (one-time password is not required so leave blank).

The other code that came in the box is just to add the game to your games list on this website.

Orodian
2nd Oct 2013, 15:12
you see i can't clearly understand...i have one code that says FFXIV registration code...and one with re code that says serial code...when i install the game it asks for redeem codes...i put the registration code but doesn't work...i just manage to add the game to my list here...do you have the link of this site wich i can redeem of the code?

Hippy_Pickle2
3rd Oct 2013, 08:38
How can you not understand? I said there are two codes, one of which you have obviously registered on this site but that is not the registration code (it is an SE members club code). The other code is a PS3 voucher that is redeemed on your PS3 in the method I have already described, you don't enter it anywhere but on the PS3 console.

Orodian
3rd Oct 2013, 13:49
But you see the code for the ps3 doesn't enter...i bought the game from america...but i live in europe...maybe there's some difference in the games from america and europe?

Hippy_Pickle2
3rd Oct 2013, 15:19
But you see the code for the ps3 doesn't enter...i bought the game from america...but i live in europe...maybe there's some difference in the games from america and europe?

You've just answered your own question really, if the game is from American then the code is the NA region which would only be valid on a NA PSN account. You can't redeem US codes on a EU PSN account. You would need to create an amercian PSN account (guides on creating accounts for different regions on the PS3 is an easy google search) to be able to use the code but then you may have a further problem if you SE account is also European.

Orodian
5th Oct 2013, 08:03
So i guess i have to re-buy the game for the stores here huh? sigh...what a lame...i though that every game can be played in every ps3 system no matter from wich country you buy it or living...anyway i guess i have to sell this one in some store...and buy a new one from here...thanks for all the help though :)

Hippy_Pickle2
8th Oct 2013, 11:35
You really didn't read what I wrote and you don't need to re-buy the game and you can play every game on any PS3 regardless to region BUT in the case of FFXIV the actual account management and registrations must match the region of your PSN account. You can easily create a NA PSN account (I have my main UK account but also have JP, NA, AUS, HK accounts as there are variations on store content).

So to clarify

1. You have a NA version of the game
2. You need to create a NA PSN account on your PS3 (google for easy guides)
3. You need to have a NA Square-Enix account
4. Use the NA code which came with your copy of the game on your new NA PSN account.
5. Start the launcher and link the game with your NA SE account
6. Enjoy the game :D

Just bare in mind that in the future you would have to buy any expansions for the NA region to match your original.

xAeivlx
8th Oct 2013, 17:20
i would have gave up in him, kudos for sticking in there and fixing his error, even after miscommunication on his part on more then one occasion.

Hippy_Pickle2
9th Oct 2013, 08:04
I don't mind and know that for PS3 users it could be confusing as you can normally import and play any regional game on any other region console but with FFXIV the account locations need to match and there is a difference when it comes to PSN voucher codes which are only redeemable on the correct regional PSN account. Like if I bought a PSN pre-paid card from the USA I wouldn't be able to redeem it on my UK account but if I log into my USA account it'd work.

Anatolij88
28th Oct 2013, 23:06
hallo leute wollte mal fragen ob mir hier einer helfen kann hab den code eingegeben aber da hört es dann auch auf er sagt nur das der code eingeben ist und spielen kann ich trozdem nicht

Edgetroll
29th Oct 2013, 20:49
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I'm having a bit of an issue and I'm at my wits end. I purchased a CE of FFXIV when the game launch and I was unable to get the code to work. I tried to return it to the retailer and they turned me away, saying that because this was an issue with a code then they wouldn't be able to do anything, so they directed me to contact Sony directly.

I went ahead and contacted them and after trying to troubleshoot the code, they told me the reason it didn't work was because the code was for a EU version of the game. I was a little confused by this considering I bought my game in NA. That said, once they found out the code was for another region, I was essentially told "not our problem." They told me to go back to the retailer and get them to give me another copy of the game. I went ahead and returned to them to be met with the same response, "Not our problem." Again I was told that because it was an issue with the code then they could not replace it. They told me to contact Square Enix directly because it was an issue with a code from their game.

Fast forward 2 months and I just got off the phone with Square Enix and the response I was given was another "Not our problem." After jumping through hoops for 2 months with them and not hearing from them for weeks after contacting until I myself contacted them first, I was simply told to take it back to the retailer because it was not their problem.

I don't mean to start a whining post but I'm a little frustrated that I haven't been able to play the game after 2 months =/ and jumping through hoops. At this point I don't even want any of the CE digital content, I'd be happy with just getting a copy of the game to work period! Can ANYONE give me any suggestions on what to do? It's already been over 2 months and the retailer won't take any returns, even with having escalated the issue to their offices, saying that now it's out of their return policy and that they have no control over incorrectly issued codes. Sony won't deal with it because they don't handle issues with incorrect region codes, and Square Enix won't deal with it because they say it's the retailer's fault. So aside from everyone just saying it's not their problem and passing the blame around, I'm essentially back to Square One.

Anything would help at this point =/

calviolin
3rd Nov 2013, 05:33
Dear All,

I've bought a disc and installed the game on my PS3,
I created Square Enix account and input the code provided in the game box when adding a game,
when i click on my ffXIV code, the page said that i dont have anycode,

then i link up my SE account to my PSN account,
it successfully shows my PSN account name as well.

however when i open the the game in my PS3,
it keeps asking me for promotion code / product code , i dun have any other code other than the code inside the game box!!

anyone have met the same problem with mine? thx!!

Dickchan
5th Nov 2013, 01:48
same me the problem! please help!

Hippy_Pickle
6th Nov 2013, 11:37
There should be 2 codes that comes with the physical disc of FFXIV, 1 of these is the square-enix 'members' code that is only to show that you have bought the game on your profile on this site. This is NOT the registration code for the game as every new game from SE comes with these 'members' codes now.

There should be a second code which is a PSN voucher in the format of XXXX - XXXX - XXXX, you need to redeem this code on your console either via the store or going to account management > redeem codes.

calviolin
7th Nov 2013, 03:19
so that's ... either i lost the 12digit code or the company mistakenly didnt include the code in my box!

kramned015
14th Nov 2013, 20:07
Good day!!

im having troubles regarding the installation i bought the game, digital copy..
thing is i have my gaming laptop... sad part is it doesn't have dvd drive, one of my friends tells me that your just only buying the cd
only for the registration code and product registration code, i have these.. he give me the link http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/ he said no need to find the external dvd writer, just go for this link download, register and completely register.. it will prompt you to download the game about 4gb size.. is this true?

how can i install the game without having the dvd driver TIA!!

Hippy_Pickle
15th Nov 2013, 10:43
Not sure on the PC process but I assume the download link should work and you just use the registration code you got with your disc version.

TheRealKraggy
18th Nov 2013, 14:36
I don't think I understand your problem. If you bought a digital copy you install it from a download, not a DVD, so why do you think you need a drive? Does your friend actually know what he's talking about?

As for the size, yes, I think 4Gb sounds probably right. The installer the link you have gets you a 109mb tool that downloads and installs the game itself.

ObjectiveC
23rd Nov 2013, 22:56
Thank you Hippy Pickle2. I understand now. Pretty comfusing kind of regional server authentication method.

Kasu04
24th Nov 2013, 05:53
so that's ... either i lost the 12digit code or the company mistakenly didnt include the code in my box!

I have the same problem here. There is only one code provided in the box, and that is the square-enix member's code... I have go through the whole packing and there is no 12 digit code anywhere...

keychan
29th Nov 2013, 00:53
Hi all, today i buy the digital download copy of the game from a website, they give me a 20 numbers key like this xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx, but when i enter my account and press "add new game" i'm not able to put in this code because is completely different:

XXXXXX - 000 - XXXXXX - 000 (6 letters + 3 digits + 6 letters + 3 digits)
XXXXXXXX - 0000 (8 letters + 4 digits)

then the website link me to a webpage called mog-station but i'm not able to register here because the system ask me a special password that i dont' have and i dont have idea how i can get this since i don't have a physical copy of the game.

I sent a ticket at support but any help here is appreciated too, maybe i do a mistake and purchase something different?

thanks.

Hodgebat
5th Dec 2013, 23:08
bought the game on download from square enix. registration code given is a block of 5 (ex xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) but to register on here to get my 1 time code it will not accept as my code is too long, it will only accept a block of 4 (ex xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx) Please help!

Hodgeybat
5th Dec 2013, 23:40
downloaded game, serial/registration code is 5 blocks long. realised i downloaded from the stupid Na one and i am in the uk. SO, created a stupid NA account, (even had to find a random address and zip from google to use) DAMN THING STILL ONLY HAS 4 BLOCKS TO REGISTER THE CODE AND MINE IS 5 BLOCKS LONG!!! NO reply from enix support, WTF? Can anyone help me out here I am confused as hell...

Hodgebat
6th Dec 2013, 00:46
OOO I FIXED IT! IF you have a 5 block code as I did you have to go to account.square-enix.com and create a NA account (as you downloaded and got a code for the silly NA version) Once you have made an account click home (sq Enix) at the top of the screen and go to the MOG station. it will ask for the 5 block code! enter and away you go! (note- if you do not live in NA the only way you can manage your subsciptions is via paypal, as it is based in the us, if you are going to use your card and are not in Na then it will not work and you have to ak for an EU code from the maufacturer which is not guarunteed) Now updating the game, only 37 more minutes and I can plaaay! SO... my first FF game... how do I get started? anyone? tips? :D Katie xx

body569
7th Dec 2013, 15:47
ok i bought this game from the playstation store it didn't give me any codes after i installed the game it ask for a code where can i get that code?

Hippy_Pickle
10th Dec 2013, 11:40
ok i bought this game from the playstation store it didn't give me any codes after i installed the game it ask for a code where can i get that code?

If you've bought this from the PSN store then it should automatically give you the license to play. Go into your account management>transaction management>services list. This should show FFXIV in there and be a valid access license, this would have been one of those 100kb quick downloads that come with most digital purchases from the store which validates your account. If it doesn't show in your service list then check your download log and there should be a small download as well as the several GB game download, just re-download it and try again.

If in the event that it is neither in you service list or download list then you would have to contact Sony customer services to find out what has happened.

The only difference between the physical copy and the digital is that the physical comes with a PSN voucher to redeem to grant access to the license download and the digital should just give you the same access to the license.

Hope this helps.