PDA

View Full Version : Sound effects issue

TOTB
28th May 2007, 13:18
Hi guys,
I'm currently working on a new project (hopefully it will be ready in a few weeks time), but I'm encountering some issues regarding sound effects... That is, during playback certain SFX are missing. So far I've counted;

Drawing pistols
firing pistols
inventory scrolling
flare lighting

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the cause of the problem here?

Many thanks,

TOTB (Tombs on the Brain)

GeorgeMaciver
28th May 2007, 16:01
Hi TOTB, yep, an easy one to fix. This is caused when sounds are missing from your samples folder which your WAD requires. The editor even lists missing sound samples when you convert your level.

So, to fix, convert your level, read through the build report, find which sounds are missing, stick them in your samples folder, convert again and the missing sounds will be back. One missing sound is enough to cause this problem.

If the missing sounds are TR3 sounds, then you'll maybe have to ask around to get them. I keep a stock of TR3 sounds in my TR misc folder for just such eventualities.

:)

TOTB
28th May 2007, 18:16
Cheers GM :)

I've only used TR4 WADs for the level, so it should be a fairly easy job. Many thanks for the help :)

TOTB

EDIT:
Ok, I've had a go at this, but I can't see what I'm looking for in the build list... It doesnt say anything about missing samples :(

GeorgeMaciver
28th May 2007, 21:02
Well, if there is nothing listed as missing sounds in here, then I'm not sure what the problem is.

http://209.85.48.10/8878/198/upload/p8448300.jpg

You've not added anything to your WADs at all eh? I've only ever heard of this problem with missing sounds samples after adding objects to your WAD. Maybe someone else can shed some light.

One thing you could try, which wouldn't affect anything as you're only using the official editor stuff, is to bin your samples folder and replace it with an original back up. Only takes a second and it might work.

Driber
29th May 2007, 10:55
howdy TOTB! it's been a long time, good to see ya back :)

TOTB
30th May 2007, 19:40
Hi Driber :) Good to be back :)

TOTB
30th May 2007, 19:46
Okey Dokey...

Here's a shot of the convertor after its done its job...

http://www.geocities.com/neijiakungfu/screenshot.gif

I can't see a problem with it :scratch:

Anyone got any ideas?

TOTB

aktrekker
31st May 2007, 09:25
Maybe the sounds aren't in the wad. You could try rebuilding the SFX file.