PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Anniversary: First Aid - Read this first

GoranAgar
27th May 2007, 13:29
Troubleshooting

Q: The game/demo is not running on my computer. What do I do?
A: Update your drivers. Graphic, Sound and AGP drivers. After installing those new drivers reinstall DirectX.

If that doesn't help use the search function to find out if someone else has a similar problem which was already solved in another thread.

If you can not find anything that matches your problem post and ask for help. Make sure you give us enough information to help you. (post the results of your DXDiagnostics)

Click Start, then run. Type dxdiag and click ok. In the new window click save information as... and save the file to your harddrive by clicking ok again.

In that file you have now everything you need to know about your computer. Post those information (all of it) in your thread.

Q: How do I get my DXDiag.txt?
A: Click Start, then run. Type dxdiag and click ok. In the new window click save information as... and save the file to your harddrive by clicking ok again.

Q: Do I need to update all my drivers?
A: Yes

Q: Are you sure?
A: YES, update your drivers. Graphic, Sound and AGP drivers.

Misc. problems

Q: I am having problems installing the game / The install does not finish
A: Try one of the following:
-Open the task manager and end the process called SET58.tmp
-Open the task manager and reduce the priority of the install process *.tmp

Or cancel the automatically appearing install screen and start the setup.exe manually
Left-clicking the start menu
Clicking "Computer"
Right-clicking the DVD drive containg the disc and selecting "explore"
Double-clicking the "setup" file manually

Or copy the content of the DVD EXCEPT the Directx folder onto your hardrive and run installation from there.

Q: My savegames do not work anymore
A: Go to C:/.../MyDocuments/Eidos/Tomb Raider - Anniversary and rename the Eidos folder to Eidosold.

Start the game again (it will of course start a new game), go to the first checkpoint and save the game. Load that newly saved savegame to make sure it works.

Then you copy the content of your old Tomb Raider - Anniversary folder into the new Tomb Raider - Anniversary folder and you should have your savegames back working.

Sound problems

Q: I'm getting static from music and ambient sound in the game, though have the latest sound drivers.
A: Reduce Hardware Acceleration in Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices to Basic

Known Issues

*If you experience any issues in game this could be linked to your sound card, Microsoft XP users should try to fix the problem by reducing the hardware acceleration option within the DXDIAG tool – To Run DXDIAG see the `Technical support section` below, once loaded select the SOUND tab and move the slider option (Hardware Sound Acceleration) to the left. Please note, this option is only available to Microsoft XP users.

* Nvidia GeForce 4, Geforce 3 and GeForce MX240

If any visual or performance issues are experienced whilst using these types of graphics cards the problem is regularly fixed if the Full Screen Effects in the Display Options Menu are disabled. Please also ensure that you are using the latest available drivers for your graphics card.

* GeForce MX Series

If any visual or performance issues are experienced when using this type of graphics card please also ensure that you are using the latest available drivers. The problem can also be alleviated by disabling various options in the Display Options Menu.

* Graphics Cards lacking Hardware TnL support

Users with graphics cards that lack hardware TnL support may experience low frame-rates during certain sections of the game. If this is the case, ensure that you have the latest drivers installed and that you are following the recommendations detailed above.
N.B. It is highly recommended that your computer meets the minimum specifications as detailed below.