PDA

View Full Version : A shining hope for Neku (or somthing like that) and the gang.

Bluehurricane11
25th Jul 2012, 00:17
In the game and demo, in Dream Drop Distance, you meet Neku in Traverse Town I think this is a sign of a new "The World Ends with You". If you have never played or herd of it, try buying on ebay or another used games place because it is an older ds game. It is pretty good and pretty different from other games. Any way, i would like to know what you think, if it means anything or if they just needed another character.

cky182dude
25th Jul 2012, 01:05
Kingdom Hearts is known to throw SE characters in their games. We had Zack in Kingdom Hearts BBS, Cloud and Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1-2, as well as other Final Fantasy characters. Seem to always have Moogles. You have to remember that in Kingdom Hearts they travel to other worlds so they could pretty much throw anyone in their games. They should remaster 1-2 in HD for the PSN. That would be great. (My PS2 is broken)

FrozenReine
25th Jul 2012, 02:09
Where have you been, dude--fans have been theorizing about that since Neku was revealed to be making an appearance in the game. Honestly, though, as much as I'd love to see another TWEWY, I wouldn't think it'd be centered around the same characters, so why would you promote the characters of the old game? ...Oh well, if it does mean something, we'll find out in due time.

Bluehurricane11
26th Jul 2012, 00:18
Yes i have feard i am just seeing who actually thinks that

new_tradition
26th Jul 2012, 01:42
I gotta find the article, but I remember a while ago Nomura commented that he was working on something TWEWY-related. I have no idea what, so if could be something really small like a web browser game for just Japan instead of a sequel or something more desirable like that :/

EDIT: Found it, here (http://andriasang.com/comy9y/)

member_10078668
26th Jul 2012, 15:37
Kingdom Hearts is known to throw SE characters in their games. We had Zack in Kingdom Hearts BBS, Cloud and Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1-2, as well as other Final Fantasy characters. Seem to always have Moogles. You have to remember that in Kingdom Hearts they travel to other worlds so they could pretty much throw anyone in their games. They should remaster 1-2 in HD for the PSN. That would be great. (My PS2 is broken)

Correction, they've only used Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts up until now. (Moogles are part of the Final Fantasy franchise, no other Square game has them.)

Kingdom Hearts has always been a Final Fantasy and Disney crossover (nostalgia, magic, adventure, fantasy). Now that they're throwing TWEWY characters into the mix, the KH franchise is turning into a melting pot and that just doesn't sit well with me. Don't get me wrong, I like TWEWY, too, but tossing them into KH is a stretch. Those characters don't share anything common with Final Fantasy and Disney.

WhitePrism
28th Jul 2012, 14:53

Correction, they've only used Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts up until now. (Moogles are part of the Final Fantasy franchise, no other Square game has them.)

Kingdom Hearts has always been a Final Fantasy and Disney crossover (nostalgia, magic, adventure, fantasy). Now that they're throwing TWEWY characters into the mix, the KH franchise is turning into a melting pot and that just doesn't sit well with me. Don't get me wrong, I like TWEWY, too, but tossing them into KH is a stretch. Those characters don't share anything common with Final Fantasy and Disney.

Well, they're Nomura's characters, and KH is his game so that's probably why. I've read Nomura likes to throw things in his games to see how players respond to them. Then he uses what he witnesses to enhance his games in the future. So I guess he put in TWEWY characters just to make sure it was for real with people, that it wasn't just a momentary " oh that's a nice game," that it will carry on to be worth a sequel. Anyways, I do hope he makes another TWEWY... they were just getting into the angels and higher ups at the end of the game and I wanted to see more of that.

member_10078668
29th Jul 2012, 01:19
Well, they're Nomura's characters, and KH is his game so that's probably why. I've read Nomura likes to throw things in his games to see how players respond to them. Then he uses what he witnesses to enhance his games in the future. So I guess he put in TWEWY characters just to make sure it was for real with people, that it wasn't just a momentary " oh that's a nice game," that it will carry on to be worth a sequel. Anyways, I do hope he makes another TWEWY... they were just getting into the angels and higher ups at the end of the game and I wanted to see more of that.

Just because they're his characters, that doesn't mean he should just toss them wherever and hope for the best. I'd rather he just make a sequel to TWEWY already instead of inserting the characters into a more popular game. It just feels like he's using Kingdom Hearts to advertise TWEWY.

FrozenReine
29th Jul 2012, 03:16
It just feels like he's using Kingdom Hearts to advertise TWEWY.

Well it's certainly worked in that way as well--I know friends who love Kingdom Hearts, yet had never heard of TWEWY until Neku showed up in the game. Because of it, they went out, hunted down the game, and fell in love. Certainly hope it means something more than advertising, though--especially considering how TWEWY's age makes copies of it more difficult to find, from what I've heard.

Bluehurricane11
29th Jul 2012, 10:09
especially considering how TWEWY's age makes copies of it more difficult to find, from what I've heard.

[/quote]

yea when i got it a few years ago i bought a used one in a small gamestop and it was its only copy. Every other store did not havee it

Azure
29th Jul 2012, 11:52
if you pay attention in KH , most of the FF character in Kh game is Tetsuya characters . Only Vivi and Setzer are lucky enough to appear or just a mere trick to make people think that this is a crossover between Disney and FFs . The Fact, KH is a cross Over between Tetsuya Character and Disney

iambasho777
29th Jul 2012, 14:43
Actually, Nomura created Setzer. That's what got him promoted from monster design to character design. Vivi is the only Square character in KH that Nomura hasn't created, and he entirely ruined Vivi's character in KHII.

Automaton
29th Jul 2012, 14:45
OK, so the grand majority of Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts were originally designed by Tetsuya Nomura. It doesn't mean that he was exclusively involved in their development in their original gamesL he was a character designer first and foremost before he stepped up to become figurehead of the First Production Department. Convenient? Possibly, but it doesn't make it "Nomura x Disney".

And Moogles.

member_10078668
30th Jul 2012, 00:04
Regardless, using a popular game to blatantly advertise a less popular game in order to get sales is in truly bad taste. (Disney does the exact same thing with their rides and it pisses me off!) If Square wants to make a game with TWEWY characters, than just make a TWEWY sequel already. Don't just lose hope in the franchise and think "oh, I want to do more with these characters but I don't want to have to develop a whole new game, let's insert them into another unrelated title for LOLs!"