PDA

View Full Version : The demo is too slow!!

Atheist
26th May 2007, 12:59
I would really now like to comment on the demo, now I've downloaded it and started playing, but I had to exit the game because it was unbearable to play! :(

It running really slooooow, it takes about 5 seconds for help just to climb up onto 1 ledge.

Why is it like this?

Scott =]!
26th May 2007, 13:15
if i new how to take videos id show you that its realy not slow its quite fast but legend is that bit faster... besides its not going to make a big difference

and if you remember TR1 was alot slower

Atheist
26th May 2007, 13:21
I rokz my sockz off!!!!, I'm not talking about the game's speed, I'm talking about the speed the game is playing on my computer. It's slow, very slow. It's not normal play.

And It's all fine, working perfectly, at a good speed until I get to the top of the waterfall. Then she runs like she's on the moon and her jumps are like in slow motion. Even the bats flap thier wings really slowly.

Well, what kind of setup are you running it on.

The game runs flawlessly with all options turned on except for Anti-Aliasing on my Athlon 1800+ with a GeForce 4 Ti 4800Se and 256MB of RAM.

Display Adapter: RADEON 9250
Resolution: 1024 by 768
Refresh Rate: 43

Contrast: 3rd mark out of 5 on the bar
Brightness: 1st mark out of 5 on the bar

Anti Aliasing: -

Fullscreen Effects: enabled
VSync: not enabled
Shadows: enabled
Depth of Field: enabled
Reflections: enabled
Water Effects: enabled

Scott =]!
26th May 2007, 13:24
I rokz my sockz off!!!!, I'm not talking about the game's speed, I'm talking about the speed the game is playing on my computer. It's slow, very slow. It's not normal play.

And It's all fine, working perfectly, at a good speed until I get to the top of the waterfall. Then she runs like she's on the moon and her jumps are like in slow motion. Even the bats flap thier wings really slowly.

oh, ok sorry i didnt realize thats what you ment =P could you please call me Scott not I rokz my sockz off!!!! i hate it and i dont know what i was thinking when i typed it... do you know how to change it?

RobertCAyres3
26th May 2007, 13:25
oh its sounds like maybe your computer is having problems with water effects try turning that off :cool:

Atheist
26th May 2007, 13:26
Scott, you can't, you need to make a new account :(

Scott =]!
26th May 2007, 13:27
Scott, you can't, you need to make a new account :(

oh ok =[

Atheist
26th May 2007, 13:27
Okay, RobertCAyres3 and JuXXY, I'll try that! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help so far, brb.

LegendLost
26th May 2007, 13:29
I had the same problem, only it wasn't THAT slow, but yeah. The second I'm on top of the waterfall it goes really slow, but soon as I pass a certain spot it goes a little faster. oh well. I'm getting the PS2 version so I don't have to worry.

GoranAgar
26th May 2007, 13:31
oh, ok sorry i didnt realize thats what you ment =P could you please call me Scott not I rokz my sockz off!!!! i hate it and i dont know what i was thinking when i typed it... do you know how to change it?
Send me a PM with your new name.

Scott =]!
26th May 2007, 13:34
Send me a PM with your new name.

too late hehe i made a new one =P

Atheist
26th May 2007, 13:36
Okay! I disabled both water effects and fullscreen effects and it worked perfectly!

I did'nt really mind the absence of the water's sound effects and graphics, but I could'nt tell where the water surface was.

So I turned water effects back on and played the game -seeing if the water effects made any difference to the game speed- but I notaced the water effects were not back on.

And what difference does disabling fullscreen effects make? :confused: (apart from helping me with my speed problem)

GoranAgar
26th May 2007, 13:49
!;647356']too late hehe i made a new one =P
I merged those two accounts.

Atheist
26th May 2007, 13:52
Wow, awesome Mod magic, Goran! :thumbsup: :lmao:

demolition09
26th May 2007, 15:01
And what difference does disabling fullscreen effects make? :confused: (apart from helping me with my speed problem)It disables the depth of field option and turns it off (depth of field on makes things in the distance more blurred), and removes bloom effects.

Atheist
26th May 2007, 15:03
What's a bloom effect?

demolition09
26th May 2007, 15:21
What's a bloom effect?It's where light bleeds over the edges of objects a bit. It's hard to explain... but if you have a quite strong light source behind a dark object, the edges of that object tend to look a little blurred as light looks kind of like it's over-lapping the edge of the object.

Atheist
26th May 2007, 15:25
Oh :eek: Wow. Well, I guess I could sacrifice it for now :p

Leak
26th May 2007, 15:36
What's a bloom effect?
This should explain things... :D (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=224)

Did anybody notice that the water effect looks weird if you stand in front of the pool at the beginning? When Lara's legs obscure the pool her legs start wobbling on the water's surface, even though she's far away... :lmao:

np: Vladislav Delay - Lumi (Whistleblower)

RAZMAT
26th May 2007, 15:41
i have a radeon 9250 also and eventually i turned off shadows and full screen effects and lowered my resolution to 800x 600, and now it works great.the biggest slows for me were the shadows and resolution.the game looks fantastic on 800 x 600 resolution for me.i may try to force the textures in catalyst control center though.the 9250 is a bit older these days but i only have a pci slot,so i don't have much choice.otherwise, i like the 9250 ,it ran games like gothic 3 well , where it seemed like other cards that were supposed to be better,were'nt running it that well.

Advent-Lara
26th May 2007, 16:14
It's like to fast on my pc , unbelieve-able i didnt even needed to shut off any effects!

Rai
26th May 2007, 19:12
I would just like to say 'thanks' to those who said to turn off the full-screen effects. I had a problem with the demo too. It would run properly in parts and all of a sudden Lara would be on slow motion mode. But I went with the advice and it works fine now!

This demo is great, now It makes me want the game even more!

Tomb_Raider346
28th May 2007, 21:30
Is there any other way i cant sort the problem out because if i turn things off i wont get the full graphics and effects of the game

Inn_Hevonn_Klann
28th May 2007, 21:35
I have Windows XP and a Pentium III processor. Could this explain my not-really-to-slow-but-close speed?

Leak
28th May 2007, 22:51
I have Windows XP and a Pentium III processor. Could this explain my not-really-to-slow-but-close speed?
Yeah well, a Pentium III is probably rock bottom as far as CPUs for this game are concerned - anything earlier and the CPU doesn't have SSE support...

np: The Cinematic Orchestra - Time And Space (Ma Fleur)

dstone
1st Jun 2007, 13:07
Set your game resolution to 800x600 and the refresh rate to as high as possible.

I always play games in 800x600, because my video card isn't the fastest, and this res. lets me enable all the FX.
Also a higher refresh rate should make the video smoother and flicker less.

Raziel_Requiem
4th Jun 2007, 12:37
Is there any other way i cant sort the problem out because if i turn things off i wont get the full graphics and effects of the game

You can't have your cake and eat it!
If your components are beneath the Recommended specs for the game, then it's extremely likely you will not be able to obtain some of the features of the game. Thi includes potential slow-down.

Although compared to many current games, the specs are extremely generous allowing for great-looking effects on some "under-par" machine setups.

Mercutio
5th Jun 2007, 17:56
Instead of making a new thread I thought I'd just post my question here.

Alright, the game plays well, but during game play it starts going really slow. It goes a lot faster when I'm not looking at the waterfall at least. I'm guessing it's my card and since I know nothing about them I wanted some help.

Here it is:Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller 64MB

I also have 512MB of RAM, a Pentium 4 with 2.00GHZ, and Windows XP. I know I don't meet the recommended requirements, but they meet or surpass the minimum.

I tried turning off water effects and all that stuff. Didn't help much at all. I've also tired different resolutions and they didn't do much either.

Thanks for any help.

Leak
5th Jun 2007, 23:27
I'm guessing it's my card and since I know nothing about them I wanted some help.

Here it is:Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller 64MB
Yep, that's your problem right there... it's a wonder that the game would even start with it.

The minimum spec says "3D accelerated card with TnL" - thus your card (http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/eg1/index.htm) is even below the minimum (http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-011910.htm?iid=graphics+845main&), I'm afraid.

np: Von Südenfed - The Rhinohead (Tromatic Reflexxions)

Mercutio
6th Jun 2007, 02:23
That's what I thought. Thanks.