PDA

View Full Version : Heroes and their swords

member_10637174
24th Jul 2012, 23:36
How all the characters know how to use swords ? I mean really not to be rude, but I'll the characters I seen from Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts never have a reason as to why they know how to use swords.

Take Final Fantasy X for starters Tidus just knew how to use a sword does anyone think that's werid ? Because I'm sure in tidus timeline he would have just used a gun.

And others who magicly learned how to use a sword over night does anyone think this is werid ?

I'm just saying it would help move the story somewhat like

were they solders, a samuri, or learn how to use a sword from some where ?

and P.S check out my channle on you tube trying out for a voice acting spot.

letsplaysurvivalmode

member_10078668
24th Jul 2012, 23:53
Warrior of Light, Firion, and Bartz are assumed to have learned swordsmanship by the time you start playing them. They seem old enough to have learnt it (late teens-early twenties).

Tina/Terra probably had some swordsmanship training when she was under control of the Gestahlian Empire. They're militaristic enough to have trained their soldiers in it.

Cloud had some sword training while in Shin-Ra. Last Order showed that even low-rank Shin-Ra soldiers can use swords, too, so it's assumed that swordsmanship is part of their basic training.

Squall had weapon training as a SeeD cadet. Swords and gunblades fall under that.

Can't speak for Zidane as he's a thief class character so swordsmanship wouldn't do anything for him. Daggers don't look that hard to learn.

Tidus is an interesting case, though, as his limit break centers around Blitzball so it doesn't really make sense for him to use a sword. I guess he picked up something from Auron and improved as he went along.

Automaton
25th Jul 2012, 00:04
Initial "lack of combat skill" doesn't mean that anyone can't improvise. (What would you do if you were attacked by monsters and someone came out of nowhere and handed you a sword?)

Swords and weapons are staples of the fantasy genre. There doesn't necessarily need to be a good personal reason.

For Sora and Riku by the way... playfighting each other with wooden swords.

member_10123947
25th Jul 2012, 01:30
Yeah, I think Tidus should've just used his fists and body instead of a sword.

Bluehurricane11
25th Jul 2012, 01:35
Is Quina a boy or girl. She is from IX

Grimoire
25th Jul 2012, 04:35
It's a s/he.

member_10074094
25th Jul 2012, 09:22
Is Quina a boy or girl. She is from IX

it is described as a s/he throughout the game, and its left unknown on purpose.

on topic, I think Tidus using the sword made sense. Wasn't it his father's? also, he could barely lift it when Auron handed it to him. The point of levelling up and character progression is to convince the player that the character is getting stronger as the game progresses... even if the attack animations look the same at the end of the game as they did at the start, if you use some imagination, you can say that Tidus was a more deadly swordsman at the end that he was when Auron first handed him the blade.

aaronwebb91
1st Aug 2012, 03:34
I think tidus can use a sword because the fates gave him the knowledge. see he was a dream of the fates so they just dream that he has a sword and can fight with it simple as that .

member_10637174
1st Aug 2012, 22:17
I think tidus can use a sword because the fates gave him the knowledge. see he was a dream of the fates so they just dream that he has a sword and can fight with it simple as that .

Dream Of Fates ?

LennethLionK3
1st Aug 2012, 22:24
the "Fayth" I think he means.

member_10637174
1st Aug 2012, 22:59
the "Fayth" I think he means.

Aw okay thanks

aaronwebb91
2nd Aug 2012, 00:26
yeah my bad. but yeah he probably knows how to use a6 sword thanks to the fayth at least thats all i can think of.