PDA

View Full Version : Most Satisfying Death!

Lo
23rd May 2007, 09:23
When you are annoyed at Lara (meaning yourself and your own shortcomings!!), which of the above deaths appeal to you most?

Or, if you aren't necessarily vengeful, which of the deaths listed do you think boast the best drama and graphics or is particularly comical to watch?

This poll was inspired by a thread about killing Lara in the Anniversary board so thanks to the OP for the inspiration:)

Dukem
23rd May 2007, 09:53
Well for me, it's gotta be the old fall and crunch :cool: Oh what fun me and Lara (mostly me :D ) had doing that in TRII & TRIII :lol:

Dukem :)

Lo
23rd May 2007, 09:57
I went for the train option - I think that this was definitely the most spectacular when first viewed. ;)

Incidentally, my apologies for the typing error in the poll - should read 'electrocuted' (I think?) :o

Rascalius
23rd May 2007, 10:43
It's gotta be when you accidentally touch the hand of King Midas and she turns to gold. I can't wait to see what that looks like in TRA. :)

Lo
23rd May 2007, 11:11
Dang, I forgot about that one and you're right - surely that has to be even more spectacular and it only ever happens in that one level so it never grows tiresome. It's awesome and I wish I had included it as I feel sure it would have gotten the most votes (Hand of Midas).

LisaB1962
23rd May 2007, 14:39
I picked the dinosaur because I ususally think I'm in a safe place and then CHOMP! I sit stunned with the controller for a sec, then bust out laughing.:lol:

Atheist
23rd May 2007, 15:17
Falling from a great height, always.

I have no idea why :scratch:

But everytime I get high (lol not like that :p ) I always save my game, and jump/dive off the end about 7 times. I just love it! The higher, the better. The swan dive is the most satisfing, because you can just imagine her neck braking at the end, but sometimes I jump off normally to hear her scream.

Even though it's not a death, I also love jumping into water from a great hieght too. I was playing TR4 just before I satrted Legend ages ago, and when I got to place with water and a ledge (even if it was like 2 blocks high) I'd make a save game and just return to it always to jump about.

Then, Legend in Ghana, I was like :eek: :eek: :eek: Yes...

That's what I most wanted to be in Legend. My two favorite things from TR1, a manor and a big jump into water. And Legend had both, but litteraly 100x better!! :D :D

Mertz523
23rd May 2007, 18:13
The one that is most appealing are the deaths that happen by accident when I go to dive into a pool of water, only to snap her neck just inches away from the water on the pool's hard edge.

Headache
24th May 2007, 00:02
I have a taste for when she crashes while on a vehicle. I get the most entertainment out of seeing her thrown like a ragdoll then come crashing down. :o

Though it was close to falling from a great height too...

SethKoopa
24th May 2007, 08:10
My Lo., such pessimistic threads you're making.:p

But for me, the snatching of a dinosaur. I mean, it's surreal enough not to be picturesque in an odd way. But if the dinosaur (T-Rex in particular) eats Lara, why spit her out again? Isn't she good enough for them?:rolleyes:

Lo
24th May 2007, 09:25
My Lo., such pessimistic threads you're making.:p

But for me, the snatching of a dinosaur. I mean, it's surreal enough not to be picturesque in an odd way. But if the dinosaur (T-Rex in particular) eats Lara, why spit her out again? Isn't she good enough for them?:rolleyes:

Hehe, quite the morbid one this week aren't I :rasp: Maybe it has something to do with me conjuring up a similar mental scenario for the new tenants below me who keep slamming their doors - so loudly in fact that I can feel the vibration under foot (annoying isn't it?) :(

I too always pondered why the T-Rex discards Lara after clutching her in his jaws. Maybe he's worried about getting all those little bones caught in his teeth :D

SethKoopa
25th May 2007, 11:38
Well, he ain't the only one; no shark or crocodile has ever gobbled her up, or at least proceeded to eat her after she's dead; they just leave her be.

Perhaps that is more realistic - get rid of her before she shoots us!:nut::rolleyes:

LegendLost
25th May 2007, 16:47
Her funny scream when falling is the greatest. The rest of the deaths are cool, but too quick!

cazzer
26th May 2007, 19:35
It is not in there but on legend when you have to avoid canisters on a bridge and if you dont well bye bye lara!:lol:

babyamy16
27th May 2007, 11:32
i like it when she gets eaten by the dinosaur!:D

RebeL_fARmeR
27th May 2007, 13:04
:( :( :( :( :(

Awwwwwww, I never like it when Laz dies.

Thought the most spectacular is TR Legend, in Japan, when she does the jump on the motorbike, swings on her grapple line, smashes into the light, falls back down onto her face and crumples with a crunch.

Ugh.
Nasty end.

If I tell her to jump one way and she jumps another, I'll sometimes punish her by throwing her off a roof!

Jewel
27th May 2007, 14:46
Ah, we are all so sadistic! What fun! :lol:

I went for the boulder...