PDA

View Full Version : Proof Tomb Raider Legend 2 Was Confirmed

tranniversary119
22nd May 2007, 02:54
Earlier this year, Eidos' stagnating Tomb Raider franchise pulled a critical turnaround with the release of Tomb Raider: Legend. The first game in the series since 2003's critically disappointing Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, Legend was also the first game in the series from Legacy of Kain developer Crystal Dynamics.

Eidos has made no secret of its desire to keep the Tomb Raider brand healthy, and the company's product acquisition director Ian Livingstone told GameSpot that part of that agenda means making the Crystal Dynamics-Lara Croft relationship more than a one-game stand. Livingstone confirmed the news while discussing the publisher's plans to mark the Croft character's 10th birthday.

"Tomb Raider 8 is also in development at Crystal Dynamics, but again, I can't say anything about that right now," Livingstone said.

Eidos parent company SCi has previously said that multiple versions of the next Tomb Raider game were in development for release in its 2008 financial year (July 1, 2008 through June 30, 2009). The company noted that a PlayStation 3 version was planned, but did not detail other platforms on which the game will appear.

Provided by Gamespot.com Note: This post is from November 2006 so it's old. But for those who are saying it hasn't been confirmed

Dutch_Croft
22nd May 2007, 09:22
Now that would be great news! Do we have a link pls? :D

tranniversary119
22nd May 2007, 10:47
Yup i do http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161724.html ;)

Dutch_Croft
22nd May 2007, 12:21
Well, although it's an older post at Gamespot..it still gives us fans a whole lot to look out for!! Thank you for sharing and ofcourse for the link tranniversary119, you've just made my day! ;) :thumbsup:

Advent-Lara
22nd May 2007, 14:05
beeh...We get anniversary and we are supposed ot play with it for 2 year till next game? lmao...

tranniversary119
22nd May 2007, 21:21
Your welcome guys. Yeah at least we know were getting a sequel. And 2 years is a while from now. I think it means this game is going to be alot longer and funner.

aussie500
22nd May 2007, 21:36
This news is so old it should be mummified :scratch:

Mertz523
22nd May 2007, 22:00
It says that the game will be released between July 1, 2008 and June 30, 2009. They have already stated that they are aiming for 2008, so I don't think we will have to wait 2 years.

But, 2 years would give me ample time to acquire a Sony PlayStation 3. Hmmmmmmm...:scratch:

tranniversary119
22nd May 2007, 23:19
I know it is old. But it's been confirmed at least. :thumbsup:

Dark Era
21st Jul 2007, 08:02
Yep and Lara will look even more realistic than now. It's like watching/playing a movie said Livingstone in an interview.

Phlip
21st Jul 2007, 09:42
:scratch:

Below Zero
21st Jul 2007, 13:51
This is great news, thanks tranniversary119 for the info. ;)

Shaidester
21st Jul 2007, 14:02
Like I said earlier, on another topic, I think most classic Tomb Raider fanatics will be craving for a TR2 remake. On the other hand, there is Legend Two for the newer fans. If CD really wants to make money, I hope they consider a TR2remake. I could imagine the profit they would make :eek: .

ElevenTR
21st Jul 2007, 16:56
To be quite honest i dont want it to be like a movie - i wont be able to get it on PS2!!!

Atheist
22nd Jul 2007, 16:35
I dont see how this proves anything.
All it says is that a new game is being made. Oviously, we know they're going to make a enw game.

It does'nt say anything about it being a sequel of Legend? :confused: :scratch:

cazzer
22nd Jul 2007, 18:19
I reckon it is one of those games that aren't prooved just taken into consideration , i dont think they would go and make TRL2 , they would most probally made a different game.;)

Tara C
25th Jul 2007, 01:58
I have just been looking for anything on legend 2 and i found on wikipedia that there is plans for a follow up to legend

After the success of Legend (more than 2,6 million units sold worldwide in five weeks), Crystal Dynamics will return with an eighth installment in the Tomb Raider series. The game will be a continuation of the Legend storyline. In one of its press release of May 2007, SCi Entertainment has revealed that Tomb Raider 8 will be released on Playstation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360 during the year 2008

and i shall pass on the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Raider_series#Future_installments

just go to future installments and thats where i got the text from...whether its 100% true i have no idea...like people say anyone can edit wikipedia so...i have no idea...just passing on what ive read =D

(If this text has been used somewhere else on the forum i apologise =D )