PDA

View Full Version : Official Kane and Lynch Q&A thread v1

Keir
21st May 2007, 19:54
Hi all,

Got any questions about Kane and Lynch: Dead Men?

Please post them here, and I'll answer them as soon as I can.

1. When is it out?
The game will be out before Christmas, this year.

2. Which platforms will the game be on?
PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

3. Who is developing the game?
IO Interactive, the esteemed developers of the acclaimed Hitman series.

4. What's the game about?
Videos on GameSpot (the interview is particularly good) (http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/kanelynchdeadmen/media.html?sid=6169957&autoplay=6169957&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;2)
First impressions on GameSpot (http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/kanelynchdeadmen/news.html?sid=6170035&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;1)
Screens on GameSpot (http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/kanelynchdeadmen/images.html?sid=6158893&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;5)
More screens over at IGN (http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/842/842693/imgs_1.html)

5. What's the official site?
www.kaneandlynch.com. Watch this space, as the site is being updated and it promises to be amazing.

ltolman
30th May 2007, 17:01
1.) Hype:
a.) When will there be new screenshots, all the others were taken before Oct 06

b.) Articles; I noticed there was a new article on May 2nd 2007 with interview but any ETA when more articles will be released via Gaming magazines?

c.) Videos; there was a video that everyone got to see back in September of 06, any idea when there will be more?

I'm presuming that as it gets closer to release then you will have more advertisements for it, just wondered though

2.) Gameplay:
a.) Any idea how the gameplay is, is it like SWAT 4, where you are 1 person and you can control your members with a few orders? Can you switch back and forth like Vampire the Masquerade. If you play Lynch are all the other members AI only?

***Edit***

b.) Can you toggle between characters in the middle of the mission or do you have to wait til the mission is over to switch between Kane or Lynch or even let alone (play entire game as Lynch, then switch by replaying the game as Kane)

Keir
1st Jun 2007, 12:45
a) There will be some new screens on kaneandlynch.com coming very soon. I'll keep you posted.

There are also some new screens in print too, if you're in the UK check PSM3 Mag - May 07 and 360 Mag - April 07.

Also check out www.playstadium.dk

b) Hands on coverage will be in print over the next few weeks. Look out for the next issue of OXM in the US.

c) LOOK OUT FOR SOMETHING NEXT WEEK! :whistle:

2)
a) You are one person and you control the others, you can choose to control your crew members or leave them to work in mimic mode. Both Kane and Lynch can control the crew.

In single player you can only play as Kane. In Co-Op, one person plays Kane and the other plays Lynch.

b) See above. At the start of each level you can chose if you want to play single player or Co-Op so you don't have to play the whole game in the same mode.

I hope that helps. Keep an eye on here, I'll be linking to coverage and assets as and when they're released. It'll start getting a lot busier here on in :thumbsup:

ltolman
2nd Jun 2007, 04:24
Yes thank you for the input, I'll try and keep an eye out here.

I have this game reserved already via Gamestop back in Jan of 2007 hehe.

But whats this OXM magazine?

I subscribe to: PCGamer, Games for Windows and Game Informer

cazzer
2nd Jun 2007, 19:21
I have only one.

1. What sort of genre is this game in?(what i mean is is it an adventure shooter or criminal shooter)?:scratch:

Keir
5th Jun 2007, 11:08
Yes thank you for the input, I'll try and keep an eye out here.

I have this game reserved already via Gamestop back in Jan of 2007 hehe.

But whats this OXM magazine?

I subscribe to: PCGamer, Games for Windows and Game Informer

Cool.

Sorry, I meant Official Xbox Magazine.

I have only one.

1. What sort of genre is this game in?(what i mean is is it an adventure shooter or criminal shooter)?:scratch:

I'll let one of the dev guys do the explaining. Check the interview here. (http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/kanelynchdeadmen/media.html?sid=6169957&autoplay=6169957&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;2)

Arsh
11th Jul 2007, 18:26
Hey there... this is my first time here, so hello.

I did have a couple of questions

1) Are there any differences between the PS3 and X-Box 360 versions? Is one any "better" over the other, or are they the same experience?

2) Have you guys already planned a sequel?

3) The story looks to be excellent... which is my primary reason for picking it up (for me, it's story first, gameplay second... wierd, I know). Who wrote the story and who are the voice actors for the game?

4) How much stuff will be released at E3?

Thanks for reading

lightspeed
21st Jul 2007, 06:13
Is this game kinda like Max Payne? The video of it reminded me of Max Payne....

Jeron
21st Jul 2007, 07:18
Waaaay NOT like max payne, no way.

You want max payne? watch Stranglehold!

This game is like Freedom Fighters (which is from the same developers btw).

The Hessian Horseman
25th Jul 2007, 03:25
Hi :)

So, there are some questions adding up in my busy head. They might be more in depth, I hope they can be answered already. I know, this game's still got a long way to go until completion, but - hey - I'll just try ;)

1) Just being curious: As a Hitman-fan of the first our, I recognize most (not to say ALL) of the weapon-models shown in Kane & Lynch trailers and ingame scenes, as being used before by our bald friend in that expensive smoking. So, are the developers still working on that one, or will the weapon models be the same, once the game's released? Not, as if I'd bother, since these models still rock ;)
Leading right over to my second question:

2) What about the handguns? I didn't fail to grasp, that most of the shootouts will be really intense and you wouldn't want to lower your chances to survive, by using only pistols and/or revolvers, but the ONLY handgun, I could see so far was the USP (already being used in Hitman: Blood Money ;P ). Still there are gunslingers like me, who hope to get to see some good ol' wild west action ;)

3) And finally - keepin' it real to my topic: How many different guns will there be in the final game? So far I've seen two assault rifles, two SMGs, one handgun and a sniper rifle - just being curious again :rasp:

Alright, 'tis is it for now ... greetings from Germany,

The Hessian Horseman

Fleur de Lys
29th Jul 2007, 09:08
Hey Kier, the only thing I'm wondering with many others is:

For PC, is it Vista and DirectX10 based? Can I play it with XP and a DirectX9 card? Thanks.

Jeron
1st Aug 2007, 16:06
Good question.

I'm pretty sure tho it will still support xp and dx9.
IOI's games always supported high end pc while still working properly on mid-range pc.

darkwolf1987
7th Aug 2007, 01:17
I know that it said that the co op would be off line so here is my question...

Will the co op be split screen :thumbsup: , or via system link?:mad2:

HeinzHarald
7th Aug 2007, 07:56
I've seen the game advertised on Steam so I was wondering if it's been decided if the retail product is going to use Steam for activation as well? I'm not looking to make a statement or start a discussion on distribution and/or copy protection methods, I only ask because it's of interest to me when I decide whether to buy directly from Steam or order the retail product.

hello
14th Aug 2007, 12:28
Hi kier I was wondering about how the mulipayer will be like would it be like Rainbow 6 vegas where you can play on xboxlive and play
-co-op
-team geames e.g. capture the flag etc.?

Please tell me because the gamplay reminds me of bits of rv6

Vannarchy
17th Aug 2007, 01:47
I've wanted to know for a while now, but how were the wallpapers created? Are they purely CGI or actors, or are they a mix of both? Because they look ridiculously well done if they aren't real people.

Meluiloth
18th Aug 2007, 07:46
I've wanted to know for a while now, but how were the wallpapers created? Are they purely CGI or actors, or are they a mix of both? Because they look ridiculously well done if they aren't real people.
Thank you for asking that! Exactly, are these guys real or CGI? o.O
My sister and I had an argument about it.. I said they were really well-done CGI, she insists they're actors. :confused: What are they?
And, if they're actors, who are they?

Never mind. :whistle:

RageW
22nd Aug 2007, 17:02
Question 1: Will there be a Limited or Collectors edition released aswell? (pleassse)

Question 1½: If a Collectors/Limited Edition will be released, what is it going to contain?

Question 2: Will the Orginal Soundtrack be released on CD?

Scruffy
28th Aug 2007, 14:28
As I could find no definate answers I would like to know some things about the coop mode:

1. Will coop be available on pc?
2. In what form will coop be playable on a console? Splitscreen, System-Link or online?

Jeron
29th Aug 2007, 08:01
Is online coop possible over Hamachi?

Fully
8th Sep 2007, 05:11
Online co-op ? if not dont bother releasing this game Im sorry but its true.

Taxidriver
25th Sep 2007, 19:53
Hy, I'm new, ad I want to ask if you know what kind of saving system will have this game.
I hope there will be a quicksave/quickload feature or at least a checkpoints-save feature.
I loved Hitman series but I think the limited save system was awful.
Can you help me please ?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

silentassasin24
21st Oct 2007, 16:36
is there going to be a kane and lynch demo on the 360 before the game releases?

Unstoppable
1st Nov 2007, 02:03
I'd like more clarification on the co-op mode. Is it online only or can it be split screen. Specifically an answer in relation toward the PC. Thanks.

silentassasin24
2nd Nov 2007, 01:17
the game is not going to have online coop, its going to have offline coop, and multiplayer online, i think the game is going to be awesome, even if it dont have online coop.

Kostchtchie
3rd Nov 2007, 04:30
1. can i use my ps3 Bluetooth Wireless Headset with the game?

2. what sort of online servers will there be for each format? any cross format between pc & ps3 as we dont pay for subs? will there be a ps3 dedicated server?

3. was Kane and Lynch: Dead Men ported to the ps3 or built up?

4. can 2x ps3 lan link up ? just curious

thanks for any replys

Kost - Uk

Templar895
9th Nov 2007, 22:38
Will there be dinosaurs?

The Hessian Horseman
9th Nov 2007, 23:56
Will there be dinosaurs?

ROFL, you really got me laughin' out loud on that one :D
Will you be able to unlock Chuck Norris as a playable character???

SpecSniper
16th Nov 2007, 13:01
How Long Till we get some downloadble content IE New Maps and Guns. Even some character customization wouldent be bad:) Id Feel kinda bad if they take longer then 2 weeks or a month to come out with this. I mean they scraped the netcoding on Coop Online and theres only 4 maps. Im a loyal guy and been with eidos since hitman 47 just my feelings are kinda hurt instead of making a release date time they should of added more to the game to keep the replayablity of the online running. Thanks and im not bashing eidos here im just a sad panda :(

karvin
17th Nov 2007, 16:38
I Just Bought This Game Yesterday And Haven't Played It Very Long At All And I Am Stuck I Have Tried A Thousand Times And Still Can't Figure It Out. Well Here Is The Spot It's Called "looking For My Car" I Meet The Vaultbreaker Then I Climb On The Dumpster And Jump Over The Wall Then I Can't Figure Out What To Do Next The Cop Keeps Spotting Me And Failing My Mission. Please Help

PariahMessiah
20th Nov 2007, 18:09
When will there be a patch the game for online or at least LAN multiplayer so you can play a PC game using PC controls (read: mouse and keyboard) and not on the world's most expensive Xbox?

Harold23
22nd Nov 2007, 00:24
I have a question

Was it the developers or publishers idea to screw us with this 360 controller non-sense/game for windows/windows live bs and how do they feel about forcing consumers to run out and buy useless peripherals to gain full functionality which wasn't stated in the system requirements on the back of the box?

Thank You.

NovaBlack
23rd Nov 2007, 11:43
can i just ask what hallucinagenic substances you were taking when you decided it would be a good idea to :

a) decide pc player could ony have SPLIT SCREEN COOP!

b) tell players that the pc DID HAVE lan coop.

c) make it so pc players required XBOX CONTROLLERS ... what the heck...

d) decide pc players didnt want dedicated servers to play on

e) decide that we needed xbox live accounts to play the game.. WHY?? i DONT WANT LIVE, i want to enjoy multiplayer with my friend SITTING IN THE SAME ROOM NEXT TO ME BUT I HAVE TO NOW GO ONLINE AND PAY FOR A LIVE SUB!

f) decide that your pc fans were worthless, and really really destroy all the faith of those (including me) that pre-ordered this game

g) decide that it was best NOT TO MENTION ANY OF THE COOP - SPLIT SCREEN - CONTROLLER ISSUES ON THE BOX SO ID BUY IT NOT KNOWING. that is what i FEEL is very deceptive.

DJ2liveUK
24th Nov 2007, 07:13
can i just ask what hallucinagenic substances you were taking when you decided it would be a good idea to :

e) decide that we needed xbox live accounts to play the game.. WHY?? i DONT WANT LIVE, i want to enjoy multiplayer with my friend SITTING IN THE SAME ROOM NEXT TO ME BUT I HAVE TO NOW GO ONLINE AND PAY FOR A LIVE SUB!

f) decide that your pc fans were worthless, and really really destroy all the faith of those (including me) that pre-ordered this game

g) decide that it was best NOT TO MENTION ANY OF THE COOP - SPLIT SCREEN - CONTROLLER ISSUES ON THE BOX SO ID BUY IT NOT KNOWING. that is what i FEEL is very deceptive.

---

Would like to say that you don't need a paid sub to play with Windows Live a silver account will do.

halflifedave
25th Nov 2007, 08:05
1. Now that Kane and Lynch is out, are there any plans to revive Freedom Fighters 2?

2. Do you intend to support the modding community

3. Are there any plans to add an online feature to Coop

4. Are there any plans to add dedicated servers to non-gold Live servers?

SmokenJaket
26th Nov 2007, 01:40
Hi. After reading many, many forums on this game for the XBOX 360, I came to the understanding :scratch: that Co-Op LIVE doesn't really exist nor does it work as stated on the game and several websites. I want to know if there will be an update for this in the upcoming future.

ALSO, I can't get Co-Op to work OFFLINE either. Is that another problem this game is having? :confused:

I purchased this game so that I can play Co-Op and neither the ONLINE or OFFLINE work. It's very disappointing but I'm not alone in feeling that way after reading the many other disappointed buyers & users out there.

Please advise as to how to get this to work or perhaps my game copy is one of the copies that was published incompletely. ****

Thanks! :(

Hi all,

Got any questions about Kane and Lynch: Dead Men?

Please post them here, and I'll answer them as soon as I can.

1. When is it out?
The game will be out before Christmas, this year.

2. Which platforms will the game be on?
PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

3. Who is developing the game?
IO Interactive, the esteemed developers of the acclaimed Hitman series.

4. What's the game about?
Videos on GameSpot (the interview is particularly good) (http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/kanelynchdeadmen/media.html?sid=6169957&autoplay=6169957&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;2)
First impressions on GameSpot (http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/kanelynchdeadmen/news.html?sid=6170035&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;1)
Screens on GameSpot (http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/kanelynchdeadmen/images.html?sid=6158893&om_act=convert&om_clk=gsupdates&tag=updates;title;5)
More screens over at IGN (http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/842/842693/imgs_1.html)

5. What's the official site?
www.kaneandlynch.com. Watch this space, as the site is being updated and it promises to be amazing.

fury_161
28th Nov 2007, 05:12

Yeah. That about sums it up.

Stooge
18th Dec 2007, 11:11
Yeah. That about sums it up.

i got a question how do i get my money back for this POS?

Potentialkilla
30th Dec 2007, 20:19
yea i got the question how do i get my money back for the dam game

newky
2nd Jan 2008, 04:00
I Just Bought This Game Yesterday And Haven't Played It Very Long At All And I Am Stuck I Have Tried A Thousand Times And Still Can't Figure It Out. Well Here Is The Spot It's Called "looking For My Car" I Meet The Vaultbreaker Then I Climb On The Dumpster And Jump Over The Wall Then I Can't Figure Out What To Do Next The Cop Keeps Spotting Me And Failing My Mission. Please Help

OK WAT YA GOTTA DO IS RUN UP TO THE COP AND PRESS A THEN GO INTO BUILDING AND SHOOT THE OTHER COP AND MAKE YA WAY UPTO ROOF AFTER THE FLOOR 3 PART ON THE STAIRS U WILL FIND 1 MORE GUY BEFORE THE ROOF EITHER SHOOT HIM OR PRESS A FOR STEALTH ATTACK AS I CALL IT :) HOPE THIS HELPS YA :):thumbsup: