PDA

View Full Version : Do it yourself modding

Texas
14th May 2007, 23:01
I'm not familiar with modding and have never done it before, but is there some application that will permit me to make my own simple mods? For instance, could I modify the soldiers' uniforms by bringing them up on another program, like, say, paint brush?
Additionally, is there a do-it-yourself way of changing the number of soldiers per unit?

officerpuppy
15th May 2007, 14:59
Paint works, you'll also need a program to change the files into .dds format.

Search around the threads for some info on editing the unit stats.:thumbsup:

Texas
16th May 2007, 02:09
thanks

Texas
16th May 2007, 02:23
Actually, I am having some difficulty finding a program to change the files to .dds format, and I'm not sure I would even know how to do that. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, as far as the unit stats, I had downloaded a program that allowed you to change the stats, but I was having difficulty with running it. I'll try to see if I can remember what it was.

officerpuppy
16th May 2007, 02:47
DDS Converter 2.1

Texas
16th May 2007, 21:52
Thanks. I just downloaded DDS Converter 2.1. What's next? What files do I convert? Is there a way to reverse possible mistakes?
Sorry for the questions, but remember, I am technologically impaired.

Texas
16th May 2007, 21:59
When I click on the IG files in the DDS converter window, the only items inside are VIDEO and AUDIO. Should the other files come up?

Texas
17th May 2007, 23:40
I'd be grateful for any replies :)

officerpuppy
18th May 2007, 23:17
Only after have you extracted the files from the data folder will you see the character files.

These are located in IG/models/
There you would see a folder for every nation in the game. The files are in a .DDS format.