PDA

View Full Version : Mention of the human citadel in the blog:

Vampmaster
30th Oct 2013, 11:56
I noticed that the latest blog makes a reference to the construction of the human city and it got me thinking some more about an idea mentioned in the game modes thread.

Someone had suggested a game mode revolving around capturing/destoying the glyphs from SR1 and I responded with the idea that the statues in the places the glyphs were found were representations of the vampire who sealed it away or the human who used it to win a great battle.

Including some story based around those characters would be a great way to add more lore to the game and after hearing about the human citadel, I'm even more convinced.

It's very unlikely that the water glyph statue was constructed any earlier than the citadel itself, although I suppose it could have been moved there from somewhere else. Anyway, I was thinking if the statue was build around the same time as the citadel, maybe it would be someone important like it's queen or something.

EDIT: Had to submit here, while my machine keeps crashing. Continuing...

The same thing goes for the warp gates. If one was built into the citadel, then that too would likely have been constructed at the same time. If so, maybe they were used in this war as a way of getting around without running into any vampires. Securing the gates would be great strategical advantage for either side. That could be involved in the game as well.

One thing that suggests they might be build by the humans is that the symbol on the doors kind of resembles the sun symbol the humans are painting around everywhere. Maybe it represents sanctuary or something.

EDIT 2: Looking at this image, I'm wondering if she might have adorned herself with the remains of a fallen Razielim. I imagine she'd be a particularly brutal monarch. (The devs like to say brutal :p)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130624201019/legacyofkain/images/thumb/c/c2/SR1-Screenshot-Location-WaterGlyphAltar.png/250px-SR1-Screenshot-Location-WaterGlyphAltar.png

EDIT 3: I was also wondering if there was a connection between the Sister of Anachrothe and the sunlight forge. The triangle symbol appears to be there:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130825014437/legacyofkain/images/thumb/0/05/SR1-Texture-SunlightGlyph-MainSymbol.png/185px-SR1-Texture-SunlightGlyph-MainSymbol.png

Monkeythumbz
30th Oct 2013, 13:03
Interesting thoughts... ;) Although I'd got the timing of the Citadel's construction muddled up, so I've removed the reference so as to preserve accurate chronology.

Lord_Aevum
31st Oct 2013, 12:22
It's very unlikely that the water glyph statue was constructed any earlier than the citadel itself

In the SR1 manual these are all described as "ancient altars", so I wouldn't be considerably surprised if this one is even older than both the empire and the Citadel. The Stone Glyph for instance is hidden is what looks like an almost prehistoric cave.

The same thing goes for the warp gates. If one was built into the citadel, then that too would likely have been constructed at the same time. If so, maybe they were used in this war as a way of getting around without running into any vampires. Securing the gates would be great strategical advantage for either side. That could be involved in the game as well.

We know from DCab (http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2204#p2204) that all of the warp gates were built in ancient times, and fell under the Elder God's complete control, serving his purposes. Human mooks in this era may be using them, but they didn't create them and they're only allowed under his auspices.

Sluagh
8th Nov 2013, 20:17
Hmm...it does make you wonder in this game where l'il Cthulu is hiding out. I'll be expecting his tentacled eye to pop up round every corner.

The_Hylden
8th Nov 2013, 21:43
The thing about the EG is no-one can see him. Raziel can, but others can only do so when their sight is purified. This era is the most unpure yet in Nosgoth, so it's unlikely to see any of him.

The Warp Gates and the Forges of SR1 are like those found in newer structures built over top of similar ones in Defiance. Vorador's mansion, Avernus Cathedral; these places were built over top of the warp gates to the forges deep within probably long after these were constructed. The fountain warp gate in Vordador's mansion might be the exception to that rule.

Vampmaster
9th Nov 2013, 11:16
It would be interesting if he had some influence, though. He still managed to convince Moebius to do his bidding even though Moebius wasn't able to see him. And he does have many other servants besides him.