PDA

View Full Version : NDA removed for beta?

GeorgeCST
29th Oct 2013, 22:08
Hi, i'm just wondering .. Is the NDA going to be removed once the game enters BETA? So at least those who are not fortunate enough to get access at least see how the game is progressing?

TenebraeAeterna
30th Oct 2013, 14:41
Closed = NDA
Open = No NDA

Pretty standard procedure. There won't be an NDA when it's open to the public, but any private testing is just that...private and privileged to a select few. Open beta rarely has an NDA because that's the point where they want those partaking to help generate hype for the final launch, which everyone does through youtube. Closed alpha, and beta, are points where they're still not confident with their work and fear that hype generated may be, "This game sucks" based upon roughly fleshed out gameplay, visuals, etc.

GeorgeCST
30th Oct 2013, 16:21
As far as I knew Closed meant that they select testers and Open is well, open to all applicants. I'm preety sure i saw footage from Closed Beta's in the past. And yes obviously they shouldn't lift the NDA before they're safe from "This game sucks" comments.

Psyonix_Eric
30th Oct 2013, 17:46
And yes obviously they shouldn't lift the NDA before they're safe from "This game sucks" comments.
This is the internet - we're never going to be safe from that comment. ;)

TheIrtar
30th Oct 2013, 22:08
And yes obviously they shouldn't lift the NDA before they're safe from "This game sucks" comments.

Because no one ever judges a game until the finished product is done.

I'll just go and look back at those first few days the forums were open and-*face is melted off by hate*

TenebraeAeterna
30th Oct 2013, 22:15
Because no one ever judges a game until the finished product is done.

I'll just go and look back at those first few days the forums were open and-*face is melted off by hate*

*Staples a new face on.*

There ya go ol chap.

lordbane2110
31st Oct 2013, 09:56
Although you might want to stock up on spare faces, after all there are a lot of LoK fans that want a sequel to defiance

I'm personally willing to wait and see if the face melting is required, after all this game is most likely to be the linch pin of to which the future of the series rests and should this do well, and there's no reason so far as to why it shouldn't.

then who knows we could still get our true sequel (Rubs hands with glee).

Reidbynature
31st Oct 2013, 17:11
This is the internet - we're never going to be safe from that comment. ;)

Also it's a game about vampires so there will always be discussions about it 'sucking' in one form or another. :naughty: