PDA

View Full Version : Help with Final Boss!

Dukem
6th May 2007, 12:22
Hi there :), am new to the forums and have a problem :confused:

I have read the Boss Strategies sticky and have even resorted to walkthroughs, but I can never defeat the final boss becasue in order to hit it with the green light from Excalibur I have to stand still, otherwise if I'm running for example, it's able to dodge them or the light hits a stone pillar instead. But if I stop running it can pretty much kill me in one go. :(
Also, if I take refuge behind a pillar it immediately takes me from the side.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help,
Dukem

Lo
6th May 2007, 12:34
Hi Dukem,

Welcome to the forum :) Sadly I haven't reached that part yet but I am sure many have and will be able to help you. In the meantime, I assume you have read the walkthrough on Stella's TR site?

If not, here is the index link to the Legend game. All levels are listed along with tips and strategies. Good luck!

http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/tomb7.html#walk

Dukem
6th May 2007, 12:50
I have read that walkthrough and pretty much all others lol, but thx all the same Lo. :) I hope I do get some more replies, casue it's a bit stupid that the boss can dodge 90% of my attacks :( . One thing I just tried is turning off Next-Gen content cause it slows down my comp by 5-7 FPS, but it didn't really help the problem. However it made it less strenuos to time my moves so I didn't get absolutely slaughtered. :nut:

Dukem

Lo
6th May 2007, 14:53
No problem let's bump this up a bit ;)

I just picked up the game again after over a year on since I last played - shameful I know and when I reloaded in Africa, I had forgotten how to even draw weapons the controls are that diverse :rolleyes:

I can play all of the games 1-6 without any problems but there are too many controls here - G for this, E for that and I hate, absolutely loathe having to keep moving the mouse for camera angling. It doesn't make any sense to me - you need to be an octopus to play this game under any sort of combat scene :eek: I can't even remember how to let go of a ledge if indeed I can - the manual is rather pathetic so I am going to Stellas for a 'proper' control run-down!

What I need to do is accept that I need to learn these controls and I need to stay in the beginning of Bolivia and practice until I become as adept as I am at the original games. I have recently been playing TR2 and 3 so my responses are automatic on the keyboard and need to be 'unlearned'!

Hope someone comes to assist you soon - many folk will be on later due to the differing time zones :)

Dukem
6th May 2007, 15:07
lol, how can you not like the controls in Legend **** they're awesome! Lara no longer moves like a robot :D That's why... dare I say it ...I hated all the other TR games :eek: I played TRI, II, III & the demo of AOD (which was awful :( ) and unlike many people; TR III was my favourite because it wasn't as "evil-feeling" as the others. I'm so glad that Crystal Dynamics have taken over. The only thing I can agree on is the mouse-camera thing, in most situations it amazing but when you have to jump backwards of something you have to change the orientation so that you can use the keyboard properly

Dukem

P.S. Thanks for teh bump :cool:

RaiderGirl#1
6th May 2007, 16:28
No problem let's bump this up a bit ;)

I just picked up the game again after over a year on since I last played - shameful I know and when I reloaded in Africa, I had forgotten how to even draw weapons the controls are that diverse :rolleyes:

I can play all of the games 1-6 without any problems but there are too many controls here - G for this, E for that and I hate, absolutely loathe having to keep moving the mouse for camera angling. It doesn't make any sense to me - you need to be an octopus to play this game under any sort of combat scene :eek: I can't even remember how to let go of a ledge if indeed I can - the manual is rather pathetic so I am going to Stellas for a 'proper' control run-down!

What I need to do is accept that I need to learn these controls and I need to stay in the beginning of Bolivia and practice until I become as adept as I am at the original games. I have recently been playing TR2 and 3 so my responses are automatic on the keyboard and need to be 'unlearned'!

Hope someone comes to assist you soon - many folk will be on later due to the differing time zones :)

Have you tried putting different keys for your settings? The mouse does get really annoying sometimes. Are you used to gamepads, you could always buy one. :)

I can't finish the last level either. I think it was the camera that made it so difficult for me. Just keep trying- that's the best way to beat the enemy.

Lo
6th May 2007, 16:58
Have you tried putting different keys for your settings? The mouse does get really annoying sometimes. Are you used to gamepads, you could always buy one. :)

I can't finish the last level either. I think it was the camera that made it so difficult for me. Just keep trying- that's the best way to beat the enemy.

Hi :)

My brother bought me a gamepad but I never installed it as when I tried playing AOD on a friend's PS2 I was all over the place with the camera angles!

I am getting used to the arrow keys to move Lara in accordance with the camera angles but as you say, when Lara is in combat, it becomes very difficult if you are facing multiple enemies AND running at the same time. It's just so confusing and yet yes, practice is the only way to become adept at this. I just get so fed up and down-hearted. Thats why I put the game back on the shelf last April. It was watching the first Anniversary level on Youtube that made me get the game out again this afternoon - it looks so good but if I don't learn these strategies in Legend then I am not going to be able to play Anniversary and any future games!

I feel really left behind :( I think I am going to have to stop playing games 1-6 completely until I have mastered Legend for playing them just keeps the old controls fresh in my mind and affect my reactions!

Trueform
6th May 2007, 17:04
evil-feeling is a good thing to strive for!

Dukem
6th May 2007, 18:49
evil-feeling is a good thing to strive for!

lol Trueform, not with Lara it isn't :cool:

With a bit of luck I defeated the final boss and finished the Game!! Thx to everyone that helped but obviously no more replies needed :) :D :)

RuumTaedor
6th May 2007, 20:08
Good for you, Dukem. I was going to reply with advice, but I see you finished it. I also turned down my graphics to improve response time, but when Amanda hits you with the triple combo, you're either dead or knocked off the edge (at least for me).

Dukem
6th May 2007, 23:20
Thx for the help that you didn't get to give lol :D

Btw, I defeated it with Advanced-Toggle combat mode on, which really helped although it made it so that the mouse no longer rotated the screen properly :( and Lara fell off the cliff numerous times lol. I was also playing on Hard and had only one Medpack :cool: hehe

Glad to see these forums have nice people on :D,
Dukem