PDA

View Full Version : TR Locations You Have Visited

Lo
29th Apr 2007, 10:11
Hi all,

As we know, the TR design team are often taken on location to get a feel for the areas that are to be included in the game so that they can recreate some of the scenery and create the right ambience.

Have you been to any of the locations yourselves?

I have been to Venice as a child which is perhaps why Venice levels always appealed greatly. As for London, I lived there for 5 years so was equally impressed with the way they reproduced it, especially the London Underground - which incidentally, is a very haunted place so you wouldn't want to be alone down there of a dark night :eek:

The Barkhang Monastery and Temple of Xian in TR2 reminded me of my time spent in Singapore - that oriental influence of the bright colours and Buddhist influence.

The Highland Fling of The Lost Artefact, set in Scotland was also very impressive as I have been around a few Scottish castles.

I am yet to get to Egypt but plan on going to Luxor to see The Valley of the Kings - something I wanted to see long before I ever played TR. I have been to France many times but never Paris (yet!).

Which of the various locations have you visited or indeed would like to visit? :)

Headache
29th Apr 2007, 15:32
I've always wanted to visit Egypt as well! Pyramids and Egyptian history have always interested me.
Though I've never traveled anywhere near the locations Lara has been or places similar, I hope to soon change that.

Forum field trip! :D

Lo
29th Apr 2007, 16:19
Oh a forum field trip! How terribly cool that would be! :D :D :D

LisaB1962
29th Apr 2007, 16:30
Does London count? :D I've also been to Vegas and Arizona.

Hmmm. . . does Hawaii count as the South Seas?

NightRain'06
29th Apr 2007, 17:12
Don't have the money to travel to any of those places, but hypothecally (yes, I do love hypothetical situations. :lol:) if I had the money, um.... I would visit every location. :rasp:

SethKoopa
29th Apr 2007, 18:07
I've hardly ever been abroad, and the few places I have been have been one of the few places where Lara hasn't.:(

I did spend three days in Paris in 2000, but I haven't played Angel of Darkness to any remarks to that might not count.

The places I would particularly like to visit, thanks to the games, are London and Egypt. To get all that ambiance into my blood.

Mertz523
29th Apr 2007, 18:19
I've always wanted to visit Egypt as well! Pyramids and Egyptian history have always interested me.
Though I've never traveled anywhere near the locations Lara has been or places similar, I hope to soon change that.

Ditto. The Last Revelation contains so many Egyptian landmarks. Would love to go there someday and see them.

StarChampagne
29th Apr 2007, 19:42
I've been to Egypt :) It was pretty fantastic :thumbsup: But I lived in fear of being assaulted by a camel or an over-zealous salesman. There's no shortage of either, which Lara didn't have to deal with :rolleyes: Besides, I think you'd get shot for climbing the pyramids, judging from the guards.

London is pretty cool in places too. But I live relatively near to it, so I get to go quite a bit.

I'd really love to go and see America but it's so far. Maybe someday :)

Sophia Leigh
30th Apr 2007, 04:12
Basically I haven't been to any of the locations but would love to go to all... one day :rolleyes:

Lo
30th Apr 2007, 08:49
I think we should all nominate someone as a representative so that person could blag the tour company for a free holiday for a dozen peeps who are touring in the interest of photographing Egypt for the Eidos forum :D

If they buy that then all I have left to say is....don't forget to pack your insect and salesman repellant :lol:

Headache
30th Apr 2007, 20:33
I think we should all nominate someone as a representative so that person could blag the tour company for a free holiday for a dozen peeps who are touring in the interest of photographing Egypt for the Eidos forum :D

If they buy that then all I have left to say is....don't forget to pack your insect and salesman repellant :lol:
*eyes Lo*

...Thank you for volunteering!! You're a doll :D

Lo
1st May 2007, 07:34
The 'eyes' have it - right, which travel company shall I start pestering first? :lol:

Xcom
1st May 2007, 07:55
How about a survival trip to Kazakhstan in hot air balloon? Maybe Eidos can sponsor us. I mean advertising on balloons is great value for money. :whistle: :D

Lo
1st May 2007, 08:02
How about a survival trip to Kazakhstan in hot air balloon? Maybe Eidos can sponsor us. I mean advertising on balloons is great value for money. :whistle: :D

:lmao:

I could always ask Richard Branson - he loves me :D

We could visit Borat whilst we were out there :rasp:

Deekman
1st May 2007, 18:37
I live in Brooklyn, home of Von Croy Industries HQ.
The view of the Manhattan skyine in Chronicles could be from nowhere else.

I was in New Mexico in 1968.

Going to Rome in June.

Headache
1st May 2007, 23:24
We could visit Borat whilst we were out there :rasp:
:lol:

I dunno, he might bag you...

Lo
2nd May 2007, 11:11
Not if I get hold of his all in one thong/catapault he wears on the beach :lol:

Atheist
4th May 2007, 20:54
In my whole life I've only ever been to south of france, spain and portagal. So...no :(

Shrensh
4th May 2007, 21:07
Well, I live in London, and I went and found the entrance to Aldwych Station a couple of weeks after I arrived here, and I've visited St Paul's Cathedral :D

I haven't been to any other Tomb Raider locations unfortunately. My older sister went to Egypt once though, and she saw the pyramids. I'm so jealous, I'd love to do that...

ladylinnycroft
7th May 2007, 20:19
hatfield house is a stones throw from me...as you know it doubled as croft manor in the films.....it's a beautiful place with stunning gardens...

Lo
7th May 2007, 20:34
hatfield house is a stones throw from me...as you know it doubled as croft manor in the films.....it's a beautiful place with stunning gardens...

It is indeed stunning - a few pictures are shown here:
http://www.hatfield-house.co.uk/