PDA

View Full Version : Weird Display

JunoJIm
23rd Apr 2007, 22:50
Well, I posted this in the Technical section, but nobody's interested...

When I use Alt+Tab to switch to my desktop during a TR game, I sometimes return to a display like this:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/JunoJim/WeirdDisplay3.jpg

Lots different colors and little colored squares - psychedelic !!! Still playable, if you're stoned...

Anybody know the solution ???

Lo
24th Apr 2007, 09:05
I have had something similar but a lot worse than the example you have given! My screen pixelates and everything that is supposed to be of a darker hue comes out in small white blocks, dotted with bright yellows, blues and pinks!

I have found that a reload solves the problem :thumbsup:

Lo
24th Apr 2007, 11:18
Ha, funny thing just happened! I have TRII loaded as I was making a screenshot for the competition earlier and just exited the game and returned to Windows.

Just went back into the level and found this! :D Check out the waves below and the pink walls & floors!

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6766/pixelatedqm4.jpg

JunoJIm
25th Apr 2007, 00:50
The same thing !!! I've found that if I put the game in "Pause", it does it less.

I'm playing Osiris, and I need to refer to the walkthru - it's just too confusing sometimes.

I recognise the game you're playing, but forget the name - good game tho'

Treeble
25th Apr 2007, 00:59
It's TR2 actually. :p

I don't think there's a solution for the alt+tab problem other than not alt+tabbing at all.

Lo
25th Apr 2007, 10:35
Yes it's TR2 near the end of the level The Wreck of the Maria Doria :)

It isn't quite as bad as I have had it go before. Sometimes it goes so bad that even Lara is unrecognisable and gameplay is impossible! It can be quite pretty but not very practical :p

JunoJIm
25th Apr 2007, 21:40
I just played TR 2 a while ago - it's one of the best !!! Never did get that one secret behind the door...

Yes, Treeble, I had it with my other game card, but not as bad.

I tried "matching" the game's screen res with my desktop's, and scrambled all my icons :nut:

Treeble
25th Apr 2007, 21:50
I've only had this happen with TR3 and TR4/TRLE. Not as much because I don't alt tab much, but it seems to happen only if you leave the game idling on the background over a few minutes. :scratch:

Nevertheless, if you run the game at a lower resolution than your desktop, it definitely messes up the latter when you shift between the applications.

Lo
25th Apr 2007, 23:11
I just played TR 2 a while ago - it's one of the best !!! Never did get that one secret behind the door...

Which part of the game was the secret in if you can remember? :) I think there was one medpack in the Temple Of Xian level high above that is arguably impossible to reach, but then medpacks are not secrets in TR2, all the secrets are dragons.

I agree, one of the best games in the series :thumbsup:

JunoJIm
26th Apr 2007, 21:12
Thanks, Treeble - but I think you have to set the res every time in setup, right ???

Lo - it's near the shot you sent, you get a flash of it, at one point in the game. It's behind one of a row of doors, like restroom doors - something like that...

Lo
26th Apr 2007, 21:30
Ah that one yes! I always used to forget about it by the time I had left that area. I thought it would be accessed further on in the level!

To get to it you go to where the broken chairs start. There is a particularly dark corner there with a gap in the ceiling that you have to climb up through, along a corridor then drop down. There are two gun-wielding baddies waiting though - one each way :thumbsup:

JunoJIm
27th Apr 2007, 00:30
GOOOOOD gamer !!!