PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler] Will Kain end up killing himself?

The DarkOne
22nd Apr 2007, 00:49
Well....he did, didn't he? (sort of) When Moebius summoned his future self to fight him in BO1 ?????:confused:

Turel99
23rd Apr 2007, 16:00
Well....he did, didn't he? (sort of) When Moebius summoned his future self to fight him in BO1 ?????:confused:

not played most of BO1, watched all the cutscenes. Why on earth would future Kain Listen to Moebius and attack himself. Surely just a lie by Moebius?

The DarkOne
23rd Apr 2007, 22:15
Why on earth would future Kain Listen to Moebius and attack himself.

Well.......he did.

shlmysfb
23rd Apr 2007, 23:35
That was presumably an apparition created by Moebius. Anyway, it doesn't look a thing like Elder Kain. Besides, that kind of defines "fatal paradox."

FearGhoul
24th Apr 2007, 01:49
Yeah, I think it was just a spell by Moebius, that he created some magical being based on a future form of Kain maybe. It can't actually be Kain. Remember that in that timeline Kain dies at Raziel's hands about 30 years before. Of course, looking at Blood Omen itself, it could be Kain for some reason from the future if you choose not to sacrifice yourself. But then, you also have the choice to die for the Pillars.

The-director
24th Apr 2007, 06:20
Was it ever actually mentioned that it was kain? All i remember was Moebius saying... "blah blah, enemies from the past, *summons enemies* from the present *summons enemies* and from the future!" *summons aleged kain* or something like that.

FearGhoul
25th Apr 2007, 01:49
Well, it looks exactly like Kain and it's "the future", so I think it's pretty obvious that it's supposed to be a future from of Kain.

WraithStar
27th Apr 2007, 15:06
I don't know how it was originally intended since BO1 was meant to be a stand-alone game. In the context of the rest of the series, it doesn't look like Elder Kain. Therefore either Elder Kain devolves somehow and then gets summoned back, or it wasn't really him because we know he survived long enough to become Elder Kain. Moebius has created apparitions before (at least, I think the Moebius in the future of SR2 was an apparition...) so I think that the future Kain is also an apparition.