PDA

View Full Version : 256MB nVidia Geforce 7300LE TurboCache

glotowle
21st Apr 2007, 11:46
Does this graphics card play Thief 1, 2 & 3 please?

256MB nVidia Geforce 7300LE TurboCache

Thanks!
Glo

Peter_Smith
21st Apr 2007, 16:51
I think so, but it is a poor performer and not a card for gamers. I suggest a 7600 GT or better. Or Radeon X1600XT or better. GT cards are the "fairly high performance" (best value for money) versions of various Nvidia numerical offerings. Same concept as "XT" for ATI. The 7300 GT is still fairly weak. The graphics card is the most important component of a gaming computer. You should not try to be too thrifty about it. The 7600 GT is a good compromise.

I know you are trying to scope out a gaming computer. Please start a single thread on that subject, say "What components should I buy for new computer?" and ask all your questions there, in one thread. You should not start a new thread for every specific question. Cheers. :)

In the thread, you might want to state your overall budget and objectives, such as, do you need a monitor. Only then can one find a balance.

Xcom
22nd Apr 2007, 16:31
256MB nVidia Geforce 7300LE TurboCache

Don't buy this. TurboCache means the card will use system RAM instead of its own video memory which isn't good for gaming.

As Peter pointed out, the choice of video card much depends on your available budget plus your gaming preferences. I mean if you are only interested in playing Thief games, then you don't need a lot of power. Thief 1 and 2 will play on virtually any hardware from 21st century (these games are old). Thief 3 requires more power, but still not that much by current standards. If I'm not mistaken, you need a minimum of nVidia 4 series. In fact, I played it on 4200 Ti, and it wasn't that bad. This, however, is not what I'd recommend for a NEW computer.

7600GT seems to be a nice choice for a new, budget card.
If you have extra money, go for 7900GT. I currently have it, and it rocks. If you have even more extra money, go for GTX version.

bikerdude
27th Apr 2007, 11:14
Does this graphics card play Thief 1, 2 & 3 please?
256MB nVidia Geforce 7300LE TurboCacheThanks!Glo

DONT GET THIS CARD, UTTERLY CRAP

Instead get yerself a nVidia 6600GT/6800GT or Ati X800 GT/XL/Pro/, cheap enough with enough juice to play T3.

biker