PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a laptop that plays Thief?

glotowle
21st Apr 2007, 10:29
Hi friends,
could you please recommend a computer, laptop or desktop that plays Thief 1, 2 & 3 please? I am in need of a new one. I have played 1 & 2, but been dying to play # 3 ever since it came out and haven't been able.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

Glo

Komag
21st Apr 2007, 16:47
Just follow the system requirement/recommendations, and possibly you'll just have to try a few different driver sets, but it should work fine. I've run Thief 3 on three different laptops, no problem. I've heard of others having some trouble, but I don't know the details.

glotowle
23rd Apr 2007, 09:58
:) Glo

littlek
24th Apr 2007, 00:06
I play on a Toshiba Satellite P25. It's 4 years old, cost a lot and I am now having problems with a $35 part that allows me to play using electricity and not the battery but other than that and a 1 hour play window it works just great...:mad2: So save your cash and get a desktop but if you travel a lot I can understand wanting a laptop so you can play while away. I saw that Dell released a surprisingly a great gaming laptop.

bikerdude
27th Apr 2007, 11:10
Hi friends, could you please recommend a computer, laptop or desktop that plays Thief 1, 2 & 3 please? I am in need of a new one. I have played 1 & 2, but been dying to play # 3 ever since it came out and haven't been able. Any help will be greatly appreciated! :) Glo

I can play T1/2 on my Dell D400 (14", P4 1.4ghz, Intel 855GM(gfx) 512mb, onboard sound). got it for £250 on ebay

biker

Hey Komag nice to see you around btw ;-)

Komag
27th Apr 2007, 18:20
My current laptop is an Acer something, dual core, with and ATI X1600 card. My last laptop was a Dell Inspiron 8600 (IIRC) with a GeForce FX Go5650 card.

bikerdude - yeah, I post on Eidos Thief forums sometimes, and also on the Dark Mod forums. I've removed all direct referenced on my websites to "unsavory" files and such, but still TTLG ignores my communication attempts. I guess I'll just have to wait longer :)

bikerdude
27th Apr 2007, 21:25
I guess I'll just have to wait longer :)

I sincerly hope so, but you know as well as I do, hell may have to freeze over first me thginks..

biker

Peter_Smith
28th Apr 2007, 02:53
Hey Biker. Welcome to our humble forum.:) FYI, I got my computer gear. Unpacked and ready to assemble.

Hey Komag. Keep the faith while you wait for the freeze.:)

FriarTed
17th Oct 2007, 17:23
I've posted this on several forums, so I'll copy & paste this...

My GF's new Gateway laptop can't won't run any of her Thief games. Her system specs are below. She's tried setting Affinity, the Compability drive, the patches for Thief to run on Duo Core, new drivers, etc. but she keeps coming up with a black screen along w/ an error message asking if a report should be sent to Microsoft (she's not on the Net so she can't do that). Her SIMS 2 games & other games play but not the Thief games or her Alice game. Guess which are her favorites. Please help! Thanks.

Gateway NX860
Model #M685 T5500
Display: 17" WXGA Widescreen (1440 × 900 Max Res)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 (1.6GHz)
Memory: 1024MB 667Mhz DDR2 Memory (2-512MB)
Hard Drive: 120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Optical Drives: CDRW-DVD Combo Drive
Video: nVidia GeForce Go 7600 (128MB)
Sound: Integrated Sound
I/O Ports: (4) USB 2.0 Ports - (1) IEEE 1394 FireWire Port
Network: 10/100/1000 Ethernet
802.11a/b/g Wireless
Pointing Device: Touchpad
Media Reader: 6-in-1 Digital Card Reader
Battery: 8 Cell Li-Ion Battery with Power Adaptor
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2)
Software: MS Works Suite 8.5

Added message- She decided to uninstall & reinstall it, and tho there was an icon for it, it seems it may not have really installed, so she's trying it now using the "":\setup.exe - lgntforce".

And she just called to tell me it stalls installing at 94%. She's stopped & started it over three times & it stalls right there. No error message or anything indicating that it can't go further though. Should she just be patient? (THAT is not her long suit *G*)