PDA

View Full Version : no people for human side

DarkLordEus
24th Oct 2013, 02:42
everybody here are fans from LOK series, who in the hell gonna play as human in this game when all are vampire fans? honestly only way to make somebody play as human would be to make them op, and im sure thats what gonna happen, anyway do you guys even thought about this problem? no people for human side and to many on vampires? cause tbh for me is play as vampire or dont play at all

TheIrtar
24th Oct 2013, 02:49
From what I understand, it'll flip from round to round.

Psyonix_Eric
24th Oct 2013, 04:38
Each match consists of two rounds. You're assigned to a team and when that match is over you flip to the other race and fight against those same people. Whoever has the most points at the end of the two matches is the winning group. Neither side is intended to be OP so we've worked hard to balance them both.

So yes, we thought about this problem. :)

kainthekiller
24th Oct 2013, 07:21
I have No problem with Humans rather enjoy being human vs vampire aspect and gameplay no mater what side im on. But yes i can wait to fly :D

lordbane2110
24th Oct 2013, 16:34
I think we all can't wait for this clan or that clan and most seem to want to play as the razielium, I personally hope that they fix the look of the Razielium or a least give a reason as to why they look significantly more (d)evolved, plus why the turelium don't have the larger ears like turel, cause that's really bugging me at the moment

but as the no human players, I personally want to try out all 6 of the Class / Race / Clan combinations until I have found a favorite, currently leaning towards Razielium for the Vamps and the Alchemist for the Humans, but hey I haven't played it yet so this could easily change

lucinvampire
24th Oct 2013, 23:01
The humans are actually pretty cool - I thought I'd hate them and wouldn't want to play them "why the hell would I want to be human...I'm that in real life - I want to be a vampire and do some killing and drinking blood". Though when I got a-playin I actually preferred the humans *cough*. The team have done a great job on them - and their looks - more so I think than the vampires - those I was a little disappointed but meh that's astetic - they didn't have the full on LoKness but they are of course still epic and fun to play... oh... humans + vampires = goodness ...ok I shut up now :D

LordNekronom
25th Oct 2013, 19:56
I really dislike humans in any game that has race options :D, I prefer the supernatural it always looks badass

ZeroFernir
26th Oct 2013, 01:05
I really dislike humans in any game that has race options :D, I prefer the supernatural it always looks badass

We've played enough as humans, right? xD

Anansios
26th Oct 2013, 01:31
Normally I do not choose to be a human, but these humans seem to be particularly well crafted. Alchemist and Longbow welding humans sound quite exciting! They were clever to have the melee vs ranged, else your concerns about not choosing humans would be quite valid.

I can't say I'm thrilled with the idea of having to switch sides in one match. For development purposes it makes great sense; additionally, I could see that as being a good competitive game mode. That would not be my particular choice of modes, but both sides seem highly interesting to play as.

Regardless, I would be Very Happy to Play *sloppyily non-furtive and conspicuous hint* :)

ZeroFernir
26th Oct 2013, 01:44
Normally I do not choose to be a human, but these humans seem to be particularly well crafted. Alchemist and Longbow welding humans sound quite exciting! They were clever to have the melee vs ranged, else your concerns about not choosing humans would be quite valid.

I can't say I'm thrilled with the idea of having to switch sides in one match. For development purposes it makes great sense; additionally, I could see that as being a good competitive game mode. That would not be my particular choice of modes, but both sides seem highly interesting to play as.

Regardless, I would be Very Happy to Play *sloppyily non-furtive and conspicuous hint* :)

Surelly, both sides look quite amasing. Actually, the alchemist is the only character I didn't liked =P And I loved the idea of switching sides.

Anansios
27th Oct 2013, 03:41
Surelly, both sides look quite amasing. Actually, the alchemist is the only character I didn't liked =P And I loved the idea of switching sides.
Turncloak! :p
Swear your alliance or else you'll be considered part of the vampire cult! Loved by neither humans nor vampires :P
I'm quite interested in that switching mechanic. It gives lot's of practice with the different strategies.!

Swagraven
27th Oct 2013, 07:59
I'm actually excited to play a human, though. I wanna see what their weapons can do. :3

lordbane2110
29th Oct 2013, 13:52
That's personally what it sounds like, which is a nice idea, then we all get to play as both sides, what I would say is that they need to implement a system where you can't change teams mid or post match, otherwise you'll get people trying to stay on one side or disconnecting when they cannot

ghostlion88
24th Nov 2013, 14:10
Here's where LOK gets new fans. Lots of gamers like to play as humans killing monsters in various games. In fact, aren't most action games on the market centered on human characters? Assasin's Creed, Prince of Persia, Uncharted, etc. Most humans probably prefer to be humans in games.

I'm going to speculate that those who like to be vamps are sort of a unique minority. It just appears otherwise when you hang out with LOK fans, Vampire the Masquerade fans, Anne Rice fans, etc.

As I have been a vampire myself for quite a while (*aheam* in fantasy-world of course), I hope to see more humans enter worlds like Nosgoth.

LOK fans: Tell your HUMAN friends about the new Nosgoth! Let's lure in some cattle!! :3

Tube_Reaver
24th Nov 2013, 14:40
Frankly, as someone who has always loved the vampires in the LoK series, I was initially not interested in the human side at all. HOWEVER, Psyonix has done an amazing job in terms of their design (character, art and personality of each class) that I am actually equally interested to try out both sides.

So well done Psyonix on that :)