PDA

View Full Version : Thief 3 Crashes when I save in clocktower

Xtermy
9th Apr 2007, 00:43
Hi,

I've already played Thief 3 - Deadly Shadows twice, and reached the same point where it crashes when I try to save.

It happens when I'm in the Clocktower, in Stonemarket Plaza, just after clearing a room where you meet the first mechanic (an unarmed, bold guy). I can save a few times in this level without any trouble whatsoever, but once I'm past this particular section, saving the game causes a freeze, and then a crash to the desktop.

The worst part is that when I start up the game once again, the 'Load Game' option is grayed out, as if I've never played the game before. It’s as if the Savegame has been corrupted. But I still see it in the Savegame directory in 'My Documents'.

Can I somehow repair / recover / resurrect this Savegame file? Or is there no choice but to start all over, again? (I already tried that...)

My game is patched to v1.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can I somehow repair / recover / resurrect this Savegame file? Or is there no choice but to start all over, again? (I already tried that...)

My game is patched to v1.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tombraiderquan
9th Apr 2007, 03:54
here is what i did go to options and find where it says display and something else put it on 1200 x 800 or 600 x 800 of those dont work then your game is messed up or you might need a new grahphic card :)

Xtermy
9th Apr 2007, 10:53
OK, that has absolutely nothing to do with my problem.

Thanks for being absolutely useless.

Anyone who is a little bit more serious than this clown has anything more constructive to add?

theBlackman
9th Apr 2007, 15:29
Is it a QS or a normal save? The QS often does get corrupted. No one has come up with a solution yet. So make normal saves now and then.

As for your problem try this: http://www.fileplanet.com/169722/160000/fileinfo/Thief:-Deadly-Shadows---Savegames

And pick a Save to start the Tower. Then make a save or two in mission for future referrence.

Good hunting