PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot Competition

Lo
8th Apr 2007, 20:24
Please enter your name if you would be interested in us having an ongoing screenshot competition.

Levels can be chosen for subsequent rounds of the contest by the person who wins each time. Either we can select a screenshot from a particular level OR we can just adopt themes such as 'Lara near water' or 'Lara tackling an enemy' for examples as not everyone has all of the games.

All suggestions welcomed and the voting can be done by a points system, maximum of 3 points for the best entry, 2 for the runner up and 1 for the third favourite. Voting can be hosted in a different thread and you don't have to enter the contest in order to cast a vote.

If anyone would be interested in such a competition please add your comments below and we'll see if it is likely to be a viable idea depending on how many members would wish to participate.

Moderators and admin staff are welcome to participate too but don't expect any favouritism LOL ;) :D

I'm game if anyone else wants to join me. I will post a new thread with all of the rules if we have enough contenders.

Thanks for reading,

Lo :)

Treeble
8th Apr 2007, 20:34
Sounds like fun. With TR1-TR5, I'm in. :thumbsup:

Lo
8th Apr 2007, 20:37
Nice one Treeble! Hopefully Seth and Shrensh will sign up among others :thumbsup:

SethKoopa
8th Apr 2007, 23:29
Thank you Lo. I'm in.:cool:

Headache
8th Apr 2007, 23:55
HOLY CRAP IM SO IN!

Im a screenshot fanatic :D

Unfortunately though, only TR4 and Legend work on my computer.... I've tried tweaking my system a bit and re-installed a few other TR games, but to no avail... :(

Shrensh
9th Apr 2007, 00:00
I'll give it a shot if I have time :)

Lo
9th Apr 2007, 09:46
That's great, thank you guys!

If there are not many of us to start with we'll opt for just one vote a piece - maybe once the contest starts we will attract more contenders ;)

I am going home on Thursday this week for ten days so this gives us all a chance to prepare any existing shots that may come in useful.

I figured we ought to run each level contest for a total of seven days which gives everyone ample time to get to the required level and experiment with some shots. This allows for days of absence. Thereafter we will run the voting for 7 days so effectively, only two screenies per month will be required which I feel is fair considering folks have lives away from the computer ;)

It's quality, not quantity and once again, I'll post in all the rules upon my return on or after Monday 23rd April and maybe a moderator would consider making the new screenshot thread a sticky to enable new members to locate it easily and hopefully join in! :D

I can't wait to play. I don't know about current contenders but would you prefer to omit AoD and Legend from the contest? I ask only because it is not possible to level skip and could prove to be too time-consuming if folks don't have a save on each level. I also think that bug shots should be omitted along with Photoshop adjustments/enhancements. This makes it an all-round fairer platform for not everyone knows how to edit shots or are adept at exploiting bug moves. :)

The simpler we keep it, the more likely it is that people will join in if the requirements are kept fairly simple! Hope that sounds fair and agreeable to all. We can afterall always display our wackier screenshots on the Bug thread and such at any time :D

Thanks again for reading,

Lo :thumbsup:

Lo
9th Apr 2007, 09:53
HOLY CRAP IM SO IN!

Im a screenshot fanatic :D

Unfortunately though, only TR4 and Legend work on my computer.... I've tried tweaking my system a bit and re-installed a few other TR games, but to no avail... :(

Ah, what a shame. Maybe we can make allowances somehow and set themed shots as well as individual levels in each round - for example 'Lara on transport' or 'Lara in Venice, TR2' could be one round.

I'm sure we can incorporate two choices to accommodate those with just a few of the games - we wouldn't like to exclude anyone. It's only for fun afterall ;)

StarChampagne
9th Apr 2007, 15:14
I'm in :)

I love to take screenshots! Although cataloguing ever single area of the Tomb Raider universe in an artistic way might take forever... :rolleyes:

Lo
9th Apr 2007, 15:22
Thank you kindly to all for your enthusiasm. :)

Here is a current list of contenders:

Lo.
Treeble
Seth Koopa
Headache
=Shrensh=
StarChampagne

Six to date - roll up, roll up Raiders, plenty more room on the upper decks :lol:

Captain Mazda
10th Apr 2007, 17:35
Roger that, sounds good.

Legend mostly, still got AoD purring though.

Lo
10th Apr 2007, 18:30
Thanks! Will get it underway when I get back from hols :)

Lo.
Treeble
Seth Koopa
Headache
=Shrensh=
StarChampagne
Captain Mazda