View Full Version : Tomb Raider: Legend 2

dstone
6th Apr 2007, 15:25
The sequel to TR Legend is already being made and will be out next year. :cool:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0972844/

Lo
6th Apr 2007, 15:42
I'm still lost somewhere in the first Legend :lol:

Thanks for that - I am a member of IMDb and thought it was all movies and not games as well! There is a free 14 day trial too :thumbsup:

Phlip
6th Apr 2007, 15:46
I don't like that it's gonna be called TRL II, shouldn't it be TR 8? That sounds much better. TRAOD was a continuation of TR4(&5), so I think they should change it to Tomb raider 8 :rasp:

dstone
6th Apr 2007, 15:52
I don't like that it's gonna be called TRL II, shouldn't it be TR 8? That sounds much better. TRAOD was a continuation of TR4(&5), so I think they should change it to Tomb raider 8 :rasp:

TR Anniversary, which comes out next month, May 2007, is TR8. :cool:

TR Legend 2 will be the 9th game in the series so it's TR9.

It's called TRL2 because it continues the story where TRL ended at.

Lo
6th Apr 2007, 16:07
Well, perhaps in that case, they could be inventive and have called it

TR9 - The Legend Returns :lol: (Now even I am confused!) :nut:

dstone
6th Apr 2007, 16:16
OR

TR9: The Legend Continues

TR9: The Legend will never die

TR9: The Legendary Lara Croft

TR9: The Legend of Zelda :lol:

TR9: Lara does Legend 2 , with an 18+ rating , :D

TR9: One Legend is not enough

etc...

Coutou
6th Apr 2007, 17:43
The name will change no doubt.

dstone
6th Apr 2007, 19:01
Yeah, I read on another forum that it might be called "Tomb Raider: Avalon"

But it doesn't matter what they call it, I just hope it's a kickass game.

Lo
7th Apr 2007, 06:25
I just hope it's a kickass game.

And therein lies a brilliant title for it: TR9 - A kickass game :D

tombraider123
7th Apr 2007, 14:43
hi, i finished the game a long time ago so now im just wandering around. i have tried doing the time trials but i find them impossible they only gave me 12 minutes to do the first one! anyway is there anything else at the manor to do? i think i have found all the rewards in the rooms! but is there any other secret rooms?? please write back! i need help!! :thumbsup: :D :confused: :(
thanks,

Tombraider123

Mertz523
7th Apr 2007, 16:26
That name will definitely change. I highly doubt it will be Legend II.

And this will in fact be number 8. I don't think they are counting Anniversary as part of the continuing series as it's a remake of the first game. So it's actually still considered the first game, and the game to be released in 2008 will be TR8.

NightRain'06
7th Apr 2007, 17:37
And this will in fact be number 8. I don't think they are counting Anniversary as part of the continuing series as it's a remake of the first game. So it's actually still considered the first game, and the game to be released in 2008 will be TR8.

My thoughts exactly.

dstone
7th Apr 2007, 18:00
That name will definitely change. I highly doubt it will be Legend II.

You are correct, I just found this out myself, sorry for the mixup. :(

So TR Anniversary will simply be refered to as a "TR1 Remake", and TRL2 or TR:Avalon, or whatever they decide to name it will offcially be TR8.

[Angelus
7th Apr 2007, 21:37
I think 2008 is a bit unlikely... if it is being releasd in 2008, it'll be late in the year, or even early 2009.

Gamerking
8th Apr 2007, 06:33
Don't jinx it Angelus. I want it Now :( :o

TanaisRahn
9th Apr 2007, 17:45
I'd agree on late 2008, but then again - Anniversary hasnt taken too long.

Oh and a name,

Tomb Raider Legacy?

Tomb Raider: Even more adventures of Lara Croft:scratch:

SpyroTDragon
10th Apr 2007, 00:13

TR Legend 2 will be the 9th game in the series so it's TR9.

It's called TRL2 because it continues the story where TRL ended at.

Really? I thought Lara's mom died. Well, that would be great for Legend II. I hope the game is still exotic. Legend did well.

Naga
10th Apr 2007, 06:49
I'd agree on late 2008, but then again - Anniversary hasnt taken too long.

It took 5 years to get 6 TR games out, one ground breaking game 4 basic carbon copies and some unfinished innovation.

Anniversary will just be a carbon copy of Legend, dumbed down for a 12 year old game play. TR8 will probably be just like it.

Mertz523
13th Apr 2007, 02:20
It took 5 years to get 6 TR games out, one ground breaking game 4 basic carbon copies and some unfinished innovation.

Um, that's incorrect...

It was 5 years for 5 games (TR1 to Chronicles, 1996-2000) and then AoD in 2003.

aussie500
13th Apr 2007, 03:33
Actually they worked longer than one year on the first game

Phlip
13th Apr 2007, 09:11

I don't think so :) Eidos said this was a one off game, a sort of experiment. I don't know what they mean by that tho :scratch:

dstone
13th Apr 2007, 18:12
Yes, you're right.
I found out after I had started this thread that TR Anniversary is refered to as a "TR1 Remake".

TR Legend 2 will be TR8.

Again, sorry for the mixup on my part. :(

LisaB1962
13th Apr 2007, 20:36
I don't think so :) Eidos said this was a one off game, a sort of experiment. I don't know what they mean by that tho :scratch:

Heh, it means they're going to see if they can make money off re-doing old games. If they can, you can bet we'll see more.;)

PittyPack
16th Apr 2007, 02:57
Im going to play Legend Again...But, Im almost positive it said to be continued @ the end, am i mistaking? and is TRA gonna be a remake of TR1 or is it the continued version of Legend:scratch: ...because thats the one Im waiting for, I felt cheated at the end of Legend.:mad2:

StarChampagne
16th Apr 2007, 12:03
Heh, it means they're going to see if they can make money off re-doing old games. If they can, you can bet we'll see more.;)

Lisa, you beat me to it :cool:

ElevenTR
16th Apr 2007, 13:18
Im going to play Legend Again...But, Im almost positive it said to be continued @ the end, am i mistaking? and is TRA gonna be a remake of TR1 or is it the continued version of Legend:scratch: ...because thats the one Im waiting for, I felt cheated at the end of Legend.:mad2:

If you dont know now, i neednt tell you, its a remake of TR1!

and it didnt say to be continued at the end, no.

PittyPack
16th Apr 2007, 16:30
If you dont know now, i neednt tell you, its a remake of TR1!

and it didnt say to be continued at the end, no.

Thankyou:lol:

owen10
21st Apr 2007, 17:49
There is no way in Hell they will call it Tomb Raider 8, or 9 for that matter. There hasn't been a numbered Tomb Raider game title since 3, and to go back to the numerical system would be confusing and redundant. Legend II with a subtitle is my guess.