PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Minimap

MakaHost
22nd Oct 2013, 19:37
Hey guys,

I found it quite hard to orientate in/right after a fight via the minimap.

I think a rotating minimap instead of an rotating indicator would improve the experience. What do you guys think?

Xaragoth
22nd Oct 2013, 19:56
You are probably right in that, yes. Though I admit I do not use the Minimap. There was a Minimap?

I just orientate myself by climbing points and Visual POIs. The maps are small after all :)

MakaHost
22nd Oct 2013, 20:03
I played for the first time today,so I used the minimap as a human to find the nearest place to heal myself. :)

Xaragoth
22nd Oct 2013, 20:05
I played for the first time as well, but I did not even realize there is a minimap. Weird.

But once again showing how different the experience and approach in a game is! :)

Lomonop
23rd Oct 2013, 13:17
I think a rotating minimap instead of an rotating indicator would improve the experience. What do you guys think?
I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

MoKillsBoi
4th Dec 2013, 03:09
I found that since the minimap is in the bottom right corner, I use it a lot less than if it were in the upper left corner like CS:GO. I feel that since players are always looking up and around (checking roofs for vamps) it makes it unlikely that they'd look bottom right. Even if the minimap was in the top left, it'd still be in players general peripheral.

So, Move the minimap up! lol

Strike5150
4th Dec 2013, 12:45
I would really like some kind of way to tell my friends what direction a vampire is coming from. Its really silly to say "from the left". And I'm having a lot of trouble giving a compass direction based on the minimap. It takes too long to look a the minimap, figure out my orientation and then figure out where the vamp is coming from. By that time I could have killed a vamp or have been killed.

So changing the minimap to facilitate this or add a compass to the screen at the top.

lucinvampire
4th Dec 2013, 13:04
Strike…this idea – compass on the minimap is pure gold! :D

blincoln
4th Dec 2013, 15:22
I just noticed late last week that the minimap displays an area name at the top, like "residences" or "marketplace", so if you know the maps well enough, you can tell your teammates that you are in "the marketplace", or that's where the other team is hiding out.

Oroibahazopi
4th Dec 2013, 15:36
I can rarely differentiate between the healing stations and the players. Healing stations need to be different colours to players.

Saying that though I rarely even look down there.

When the VGS gets added I would hope there would be a spotting mechanic. I.e. hit "alt" or something when you have a target in your sights and then send a team message.

lucinvampire
4th Dec 2013, 15:46
Blinc I'll have to keep my eye open for that tonight :D good spotting!

Completely agree about the colours Oroi, think I mentioned it somewhere else to that they need to be more prominent/variety of colours so you can tell your team mates, enemies, healing stations apart...at the moment it just looks like the map has chicken pox.

LOFO1993
4th Dec 2013, 16:38
Hey guys,

I found it quite hard to orientate in/right after a fight via the minimap.

Came here to say exactly the same. The minimap is very hard to use right now, a rotating one with something pointing the North would be definitely better.

Also, I don't know if it was a bug or I just couldn't get the key, but my minimap always showed my comrades in white, myself in yellow and then many other "myselfs" idle in random spots (where, of course, in the real game scenario was absolutely nothing). I noticed it happens since the start of the match, so I tend to imagine it's not where I died or something like that.

Strike5150
4th Dec 2013, 16:49
Alt targeting to ping them on the minimap would be freakin cool.

LOFO1993
4th Dec 2013, 21:15
Ok, I've found out why multiple icons appear.

BUG FOUND: during some matches, the icons for refill stations (crosses) are replaced by icons just like mine (orange cursor).

Oroibahazopi
4th Dec 2013, 21:33
Yeah that's a known issue.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7843&p=72318#post72318

LOFO1993
4th Dec 2013, 21:34
Ok, cool.

r0ckwolf
4th Dec 2013, 21:52
Never noticed a Minimap.....:scratch: will check tomorrow....

P.S.: Never missed it either!