PDA

View Full Version : tomb raider confusion

doctor willard
21st Mar 2007, 13:25
On tomb raider 3, in antartica towards the end, lara goes to meet doctor willard (me, kinda, lol) in a small wooden hut, and as soon as she enters they start chatting about some biologist and how he mutated...or so i think...but i dont have a clue who they are on about. so far, lara hasnt met any of the mutated RX-tech guys yet, so who is she talking about?

does any1 here know?

barabora
21st Mar 2007, 14:57
Normally, TR_03 story-line is not 100% perfect.
Furthemore, broken(?)-story-line methode there.
But I like more this type of story-line than long story
connecting like TRL. So you don't understand only about
Wilard but there are too much things that impossible understanding...
What is jungle BOSS(=Tony Loon)? I didn't understand at all
at that time what was he talking about? And what's mean that
hole-heart men in the air? (=also TR_03_Gold)

http://www.captain-alban.com/posters/tr3screens25.jpg

Very funny thing is... I didn't know who is Willard
before comming into this forum. I knew this Willard
several day ago in here. Below is mutated RX-tech guys hehe~ :p

http://www.captain-alban.com/posters/tr3screens51.jpg

maniac44
21st Mar 2007, 16:24
And what's mean that
hole-heart men in the air? (=also TR_03_Gold)

Lara found out that there was a "Lost Artifact". And that's why Willard mutated into the Giant Spider. He was missing the fifth artifact. The Lost Artifact was a "stabilizing stone". It keeps the user of the other four stones from mutating. But you had to place the fifth stone INSIDE someone for it to work.

All of the "hole in the heart" men were test subjects that didn't make it through the testing.

barabora
21st Mar 2007, 16:42
Lara found out that there was a "Lost Artifact". And that's why Willard mutated into the Giant Spider. He was missing the fifth artifact. The Lost Artifact was a "stabilizing stone". It keeps the user of the other four stones from mutating. But you had to place the fifth stone INSIDE someone for it to work.All of the "hole in the heart" men were test subjects that didn't make it through the testing.

Oh~ very good~ brilliant~ assumption~ hehe~ :nut:
Wilard go to spider because he didn't get a 5th artifact...
And this 5th artifact is in TR_03_gold... OHHHO~ :rolleyes:
hole-hear-men were "experimental on animals"(?) body
by Dr. Wilard who making lost-artifact for artificaially.
More and more interesting about this old story~ :nut:
But there was Sophia in TR_03_gold, as a ending BOSS
not Dr. Wilard? Anyway thank you for telling your assumption.

hehe~ :lmao:

doctor willard
21st Mar 2007, 17:01
yehhhhhhhhhhhh...but why was he experimenting on them in the middle of a complex temple that was underground... but tony was shouting loads of random things because the infada spear had been placed inside him, as seen in the picture, and it was making him hear, random chanting noises, making him think people where shouting. he has the artifact placed inside him like randy and rory who we see dead in the temple, had this same procedure done to them but it failed.

Treeble
21st Mar 2007, 21:17
Oh~ very good~ brilliant~ assumption~ hehe~ :nut: Wilard go to spider because he didn't get a 5th artifact... And this 5th artifact is in TR_03_gold... OHHHO~ :rolleyes: hole-hear-men were "experimental on animals"(?) body by Dr. Wilard who making lost-artifact for artificaially. More and more interesting about this old story~ :nut: But there was Sophia in TR_03_gold, as a ending BOSS not Dr. Wilard? Anyway thank you for telling your assumption. hehe~ :lmao:

ASSUMPTION?? Get your facts straight. Maniac44 has WORKED on the three Tomb Raider expansion packs (Unfinished Business, The Golden Mask and The Lost Artifact, to recap). Whatever he says regarding those levels shall be considered true and official.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to roll my eyes at you. :rolleyes:

maniac44
21st Mar 2007, 22:34
But there was Sophia in TR_03_gold, as a ending BOSS
not Dr. Wilard? Anyway thank you for telling your assumption.

hehe~ :lmao:

Willard was working with Sophia. But he wanted to get an advantage over Sophia by using the artifacts to become more powerful than her.

But he used the four artifacts before he found out about the fifth Lost Artifact.
He jumped the gun and paid the price.

*Treeble... I only worked on The Lost Artifact. But I was in the same room when the others were made. :D

norn iron rock!
21st Mar 2007, 22:34
On tomb raider 3, in antartica towards the end, lara goes to meet doctor willard (me, kinda, lol) in a small wooden hut, and as soon as she enters they start chatting about some biologist and how he mutated...or so i think...but i dont have a clue who they are on about. so far, lara hasnt met any of the mutated RX-tech guys yet, so who is she talking about?

does any1 here know?

Yes she has. There was the very first mutated guy in the cantine hut in antarctica. he was in the corner so u might have missed him.:scratch: maybe

barabora
22nd Mar 2007, 11:28
ASSUMPTION?? Get your facts straight. Maniac44 has WORKED on the three Tomb Raider expansion packs (Unfinished Business, The Golden Mask and The Lost Artifact, to recap). Whatever he says regarding those levels shall be considered true and official. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to roll my eyes at you.

*Treeble... I only worked on The Lost Artifact. But I was in the same room when the others were made.

How did you know that he worked on EIDOS game making team?!?! :rolleyes:
He had ever said it to you in this forum before I'm joining here?
Maybe that's true!!! Because he agree to work in EIDOS below!!!
Ohho!!! He is EIDOS team!!! Then... Why did you make a game
so broken-story-line(?) like that in TR_03? hehe~ :nut:

"Broken-story-line" mean... Such like "Sit-Com" style...
One situation having One story only. But I like it (very much)!!!
e.g. Amanda story-line in TRL was too loose... too long!!!
too continue!!! Rather I like this broken-story-line such like TR_03.
Why? User can imagin(=spoiler, assumption...etc.) freely about
perfect story-line by themselves. This method is such like
"Dreaming-interpretation" method by "Freud (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freud)"... Not bad at all~ :whistle:

Willard was working with Sophia. But he wanted to get an advantage over Sophia by using the artifacts to become more powerful than her.But he used the four artifacts before he found out about the fifth Lost Artifact.He jumped the gun and paid the price.

Ahha~ Your "Dreaming-interpretation"(?) is very~ very~ closely akin.
Then this Wilard perform COUP D’ETAT(?) from Sophia?!?! hehe~ :rasp:
So this is true that you worked at EIDOS. But why didn't you give more
hints to user at that time in TR_03? For knowing detaily more member
joining to this forum? This is EIDOS future policy~ hehe~ :rasp:
This is not totally kidding. 50:50... Make the game more harder
and only the member who join to this forum will knowing the answer
through this way. This kinds of method is also not bad at all...
We also need to hear "behind-story(of EIDOS)" for making a game.
Why "Sharman" deleating?

http://www.planetlara.com/pics/AODCharacters/SHAMAN_1.jpg

Treeble
22nd Mar 2007, 15:20
Gary LaRochelle has been known as maniac44 ever since the days of tombraiders.com, and that would be from 1999, at least, since when I joined that forum, in 2000, he was already there.

The Shaman has nothing to do with this conversation. Broken storylines? Not Eidos fault, I'm sure.

SethKoopa
23rd Mar 2007, 10:20
There was the very first mutated guy in the cantine hut in antarctica. he was in the corner so u might have missed him.:scratch: maybe

Indeed. It's not a place you need to visit in order to complete the level and it's an easy cabin to miss. But it's all open, more like ruins, so just explore and you will find it. Once you hear radio static, you will know you're there. That's your first taste of the mutants that are going to plague you in RX-Tech Mines. That is what Lara and Willard talk about.

maniac44
24th Mar 2007, 02:31
Ahha~ Your "Dreaming-interpretation"(?) is very~ very~ closely akin.
Then this Wilard perform COUP D’ETAT(?) from Sophia?!?! hehe~ :rasp:
So this is true that you worked at EIDOS. But why didn't you give more
hints to user at that time in TR_03?

The way it worked out was that CORE would make the main game. Then Eidos would make a "Gold Version". Eidos had a very small development team (2-3 people) working out of their San Francisco office. CORE made the main storyline and worked out their story so it could end at the end of their game. Then the "Gold Team" would make up an addition storyline. CORE had no idea as to what the Gold Team would come up with. So there was no way for CORE to give hints as to what is going to happen in the Gold Levels.

We even figured out an additional storyline for TR_04. ;)

Lo
24th Mar 2007, 08:38
Barabora, I'd just like to compliment you on your screenshots and your picture of a very mystical looking, Druid-like Lara! :thumbsup:

Treeble
24th Mar 2007, 16:03
:lol: It's not a druid-like Lara. It's the African shaman that healed Lara when she got out of the pyramid that crumbled over her in TR4. Putai is her name, and she was meant to appear at some point in TR6, but she never did. It's not barabora's either, it's Core's.

We even figured out an additional storyline for TR_04. ;)

We've heard so little about it, but it would definitely have been fantastic to have played that as well. The Lost Artifact was eons better than TR3 itself, and probably TR4 Gold would be a refreshing change from Egypt back then, since it'd take Lara to the Caribbean.

I hope at some point the expansion packs return, would love to have them back with the current generation of Tomb Raider games. :cool:

Lo
24th Mar 2007, 16:33
I don't care whose image it is, it's Barabora's upload and how am I to know who it is if she never featured in the game? :rasp:

I only play the games, I don't study the Croft bible - anyway, it looks like Lara after a pilgrimage to Stonehenge ;)

Treeble
24th Mar 2007, 17:24
If you bothered to read at least bits of barabora's post, you'd know it wasn't Lara Croft disguised as a druid.

Lo
24th Mar 2007, 17:56
If you bothered to read at least bits of barabora's post, you'd know it wasn't Lara Croft disguised as a druid.

I don't class the following...

<<<This kinds of method is also not bad at all...
We also need to hear "behind-story(of EIDOS)" for making a game.
Why "Sharman" deleating?>>>

...as being overly-explanatory. For all I knew Sharman could be a member of this forum. But thank you anyway for your courteous response :rolleyes: It seems you have a penchant for being rather brash judging by your own post to Barabora - someone who initially I thought may have used the term 'Assumptions' and meant something quite different due to the perceived language barrier.

Anyway, I am not going to enter into any dispute. I come here to enjoy the discussions and not to waste my time justifying my seeming ignorance for which I must clearly berate myself. I shall go to the back of the class and try to improve upon my psychic awareness.

Have a simply wonderful day

barabora
25th Mar 2007, 11:26
The way it worked out was that CORE would make the main game. Then Eidos would make a "Gold Version". Eidos had a very small development team (2-3 people) working out of their San Francisco office. CORE made the main storyline and worked out their story so it could end at the end of their game. Then the "Gold Team" would make up an addition storyline. CORE had no idea as to what the Gold Team would come up with. So there was no way for CORE to give hints as to what is going to happen in the Gold Levels.We even figured out an additional storyline for TR_04.

Ahha~ It's more and more so interesting behind-story comming~ hehe~ :nut:
Califonia? Normally EIDOS is in UK but this company has multi-national?!?!
And they have a office in LA, NY, or London... etc. So CORE finished then
Califonia team also finished?!?! Furthemore, CORE made normally story-line
but Califonia team made normally programming upon this story... But CORE
didn't give a story anymore... So you made TR_03_gold inserting Sophia by
yourselves... Ohho~ Behind-Story is perfect!!! hehe~ :nut:

TR_04... Actually, after this TR_04, population of TR game is inclined
down I guess. Maybe CORE need want to finished to die(=or missing)
Lara overthere. But all of users didn't happy... So contiue to TR_05...
So rather I liked this TR_05!!! Normally, I like cardinal number of TR.
(01,03,05,07)

Barabora, I'd just like to compliment you on your screenshots and your picture of a very mystical looking, Druid-like Lara! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much~ ;)

Lo
25th Mar 2007, 11:38
You'e welcome Barabora,

I really ought to follow some of the TR storylines but I have a tendency to bypass the cut-scenes. The story has never been of great interest I hasten to admit - well I do follow it loosely but not in any great depth, perhaps to my detriment.

What I gravitate towards mainly are the locations and TR is great for giving us variety in that regard. TRIII was exceptionally varied in that respect. Playing the London levels for the first time was thrilling. It's amazing how we can 'travel' with Lara to all corners of the globe for I get bored when I am in one location for too long.

I like the scenery and the textures to change. I sometimes think the story stays in one location for too long and when I first play any of the games and move onto the next level I often think 'Oh no, we're still on this god forsaken shipwreck' for example! I was also fed up of being on the oil rig after a time, I was starting to feel claustrophobic! :p

barabora
25th Mar 2007, 13:42
I really ought to follow some of the TR storylines but I have a tendency to bypass the cut-scenes. The story has never been of great interest I hasten to admit - well I do follow it loosely but not in any great depth, perhaps to my detriment.

Yeah~ Me too... But I see only film(?) quality~ hehe~ :nut:
e.g. TRL Cut-sceans(after CS) quality(=include IC) was very good.
Everybody say IC(=after InterActive Cut...) is ruin for TR
but I just see this tech. quality, not story-line. I don't care story...
Rather remove long CS and inserting only this CS is interesting
for game playing? So nobody "TR confusion" like this topic subject. :confused:

I like the scenery and the textures to change. I sometimes think the story stays in one location for too long and when I first play any of the games and move onto the next level I often think 'Oh no, we're still on this god forsaken shipwreck' for example! I was also fed up of being on the oil rig after a time, I was starting to feel claustrophobic!

Yeah~ this is a reason of fail(?) in TR_04.
There was no city-level in TR_04. Too long
to staying and that was all location same in Egypt...
Now we go to level discussion. hehe~ :nut:

Lo
26th Mar 2007, 11:03
Funnily enough I classify TR4 as my favourite game of them all as, even though Lara never leaves Egypt there are plenty of different and varied levels to explore.

The City of the Dead was haunting. There were levels also with beautiful red skies and also dark, cloudy greenish skies. I loved the level where Lara gets to be on that train, even though the scenery is a bit repetitive after a time. Sometimes I just go and stand in one of those rooms where she shoots the boxes and gets the ammo - just so I can stand by the window and watch all the scenery whizzing past! :nut:

Sorry, I'm getting off topic but hey, most threads go that way as discussions evolve!