PDA

View Full Version : Hitman 2: dual core is a problem

ShirleyC
20th Mar 2007, 02:09
Please help. My new cpu has a dual core processor (WinXP) and I can not slow down Hitman. He runs double fast, even sneaks too fast. Any suggestions on how to slow this Gateway down. Thanks I have updated the video card.
Shirley

Xcom
20th Mar 2007, 15:38
Have you tried setting affinity to one core only?

ShirleyC
20th Mar 2007, 16:20
Xcom, I have no idea how to even start to do that. Would doing so, just affect Hitman 2? Hitman BM and Contacts run fine. Please advise. Thanks
Shirley

ShirleyC
20th Mar 2007, 18:48
Is this what I should do?
Setting affinity masks can be useful because some applications and games do not run properly on a multiprocessor system. Restricting such applications to a single CPU using an affinity mask will often solve this type of problem. It's possible to update the affinity of running processes using the normal Windows task manager, but this can be annoying. Firstly, you can't update the affinity until the process is actually running, which can mean Alt-Tabbing out of a game, running Task Manager, finding the correct process, updating the affinity, then Alt-Tabbing back in. Secondly, the changes you make are temporary; when the process terminates, the updated affinity mask is not saved, so next time you start it the affinity is back to the default value.
Thanks,
Shirley

Well, I must be doing something wrong. I found Hitman 2 listed and right clicked on it and choose just one processor. Game still runs fast. ??????????

Xcom
20th Mar 2007, 21:35
Shirley, there is also a possibility that dual-core is not the problem. Maybe it's something else. What made you think it's dual-core issue?

There was a member here (in Hitman Blood Money forum) who had similar problem, only his game ran too slow, and I don't mean like low framerate, it was just in slow motion (like bullet time in Matrix). I remember we examined virtually every aspect of his system to trace the problem. Everything indicated that somehow his system (cpu) clock was messed up (but every diagnostic was okay). In the end, it turned out this was all caused by some spyware. So, it's very difficult to say for certain what's causing this. Can be anything.

ShirleyC
20th Mar 2007, 23:37
Thanks anyway. Guess I'll just play it on my other computer. My son started to play Hitman BM and it was sooooooo slow until we used the patch. Now, it runs great. I'll run my spyware check on the new cpu. Thanks again.
Shirley

pidiabloo@hotmail.com
18th Feb 2008, 05:18
I bought the hitman trilogy pack played and beat blood money but when I tryed to play silent assassin I had lag problems .. I just bought a new processor ( AMD A64 X2 4200+ 2.20GHz) witch should run the game no problem ... I installed the game and launched it the starting video played ok it froze/ laged in 2-3 times for about 1-2 min then continued. the main menu had no problems then when I got in the first mission the game laged out. is it because of the duel core ( game me problems on the same line with splinter cell double agent slowed done the game made it lagy but I DL a driver for the processor fixed that.)

ShirleyC
18th Feb 2008, 12:41
Hi, HM Silent Assassin was a problem because it was sooooo slow until I installed the patch, then it ran great. (hitman2_101_en) Hope this helps.